“cocotte”

Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 30th Ave
Transit: TriMet Bus 72, 30th & Killingsworth
Description: Cocotte Bar & Bistro offers delicious seasonal offerings inspired by classic French cuisine, a carefully selected French/Oregon wine list, local and imported beers, and a handcrafted classic cocktail list. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, sophisticated and cozy. Cocotte is your go-to spot for a special occasion, or everyday food and drinks.
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Visited portland end of July and managed a week night reservation here. The place was full and one server - Lola, I believe. I sensed her stress, we charmed her and were paid in kind. Put ourselves in her hands and it sure paid off. All selections, including wine were great. Mussels were memorable. My wife is French. Say Hi to Lola from the Vancouver CDN couple. Take a sweater. If the doors are open it can get drafty. We'll return.

1  Thank David H

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stopped at this small restaurant Tuesday evening. The dining room was booked, but we snagged a sidewalk table - very Parisian. We started with a nice, cool cocktail from the bar which was perfect on a warm late summer evening. Our server brought tasty bread with a carrot butter (I know - it sounds odd, but it worked). Our shared appetizer was escargot on a wonderful bread that soaked up the sauce. My wife had a chicken dish for her entrée and had enough to take home. I had the sturgeon atop a bed of lentils with a pleasant, mildly hot curry. The French chardonnay by the glass made a great accompaniment. The desserts looked good, but we opted for a nice sauterne to end our meal.

Service and food were wonderful. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It's not something I would normally order, but, incouraged by a foodie blogger, I did and it was sooo delicious! I also had the bouillabaisse and am mad that I did not get dessert. Lovely place.

1  Thank lalahartma
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Great variety of French cuisine. Won't wow you but quite tasty and a great date restaurant

Try the foie gras and mussels/ sauce were amazing
Our pork loin was a bit under cooked but juicy, risotto not bad at all

1  Thank Indotraveller_10
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Cozy atmosphere and a lot of local people in restaurant. Service was attentive but cold on a Friday night. But, food was mediocre. The Torchon was stringy and dry. The micro greens were not only dry but actually turning brown! The protein was overlooked. Most all entrees were heavily salted. The chocolate dessert was also overcooked and dry. None of the three of us was happy with the meal. It enjoys a high Zagat rating for food but can't imagine why. Would not return. Head chef is not paying attention.

1  Thank sn94024