“Terrific French bistro, best restaurant for dinner on our Portland visit!”
Review of Little Bird Bistro

Little Bird Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Bird Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 4,811 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: in between OAK & PINE on 6TH AVENUE
Transit: The Green and Yellow MAX lines stop directly across the street. The following bus lines stop within a block: 4,8,9,17,20,31,32,33,35,36,44,54,94,99.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This French bistro outshined a famous seafood restraint, an excellent Jalanese restaurant and an excellent Italian restaurant on our dinner tour of Portland.
The charcuterie platter for 4 was the best I’ve ever had, featuring small but exquisite servings of liver pate, pork rillon, salmon rillettes, etc., with some pickles and a couple of pork rinds to boot.
I had crispy duck confit on pasta, 2 others had the hanger steak au poivre with an incredibly rich sauce, and another had an excellent vegetable tart. Sides were a very flavorful mushroom dish and excellent green beans. Dessert was some extravagant chocoloate concoction that we all shared.
My son’s food coma began even before we left Little Bird.
A surefire return on our next annual visit to Portland, Oregon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've gone past Little Bird for years ... in a very urban, and not very appealing part of downtown Portland. (It's ugly.) But on a Tuesday afternoon, I decided to duck in for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. The menu is pricey, so if you want a reasonable lunch go elsewhere. But, i was willing to splurge a bit. The service was excellent ... from everyone that I came in contact with. Even though I didn't spend much money there relatively to their typical customers, they were very attentive, friendly and kind. The carrot soup that they had that day was delicious! They filled up my tea pot while I was in the bathroom with more hot water (How thoughtful!) Each thing I ordered was a slightly more expensive than I would pay elsewhere, but the ambiance was perfect, the service amazing, the quality of the experience overall ... worth it. I loved sipping tea in my unique china tea cup! I'll be back for sure!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

In Portland visiting our son, daughter in law, and grand baby . Son recommended Little Bird and he was spot on. Our server (Jeff) recommended a couple different bottles of GREAT Pinot Noirs. The first one nice and light the second one a little more grabby to go with our food. Let’s get to that part. Started with a small plate of oysters, Crenshaw melon, seared foie, and spicy greens salad. Went on to daily fish (salmon), trout, and hanger steak. Everything was excellent including the presentation. Add to this that the little restaurant is right out of France (if you didn’t know better) you would think you were in The south of France. It’s a must when your in Portland.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While visiting Portland a local friend invited me to lunch at this delightful restaurant downtown. We decided to have the three course, fixed price menu which started with a creamy carrot soup nicely spiced with curry, a dollop of a creamy cheese and nuts. We both had for the second course smoked scallops with a summer succotash, a fascinating blend of flavors and textures. We ended with a very generous and yummy chocolate mousse with whipped cream. The staff were very attentive and it was overall an excellent return to the great culinary scene in Portland.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Looked forward to trying Little Bird so had lunch there on my second day in Portland. Ate at the bar and had the soup of the day--carrot with curry--and an oyster po'boy. Both were very underwhelming, mostly because they mixed way too many flavors that just don't go together. Kimchi on the sandwich with tarragon aioli? Weird, and not pleasing. The soup was too sweet and too citrusy at the same time, and didn't have the curry flavor as advertised. I make a delicious Thai carrot soup--was wishing I had a bowl of that instead. French fries and bread were great. 4 oz house white wine was delicious. But I wouldn't bother going again.