“Awesome experience!!”

Ranked #15 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Awesome experience!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here during a work trip and had a great experience! My favorite part was the people, the gym and the food. Great service from the attendants and Michael in the restaurant made me laugh and feel special. People working in the hallways would smile and say "hi". The water feature in front felt like spa-like. Free parking! The food from the restaurant was delicious!! I had the Caesar Salad which was crunchy fresh with big chunks of cheese and perfect chicken. For breakfast I had the yogurt parfait. Yum... the gym is full service with all the features I like including a workout ball and free weights. I'm planning to hold a round-table there for work because of the food and accommodations. The beds were firm and wonderful too.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Laela E
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear Laela E.,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Portland Airport! I appreciate hearing such great feedback and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

I agree - our Lakeside Bar and Grill serves great food. You mentioned two of my favorites - the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad and the Yogurt Parfait. Both are outstanding!

We look forward to hosting your group for your upcoming roundtable.

Thank you again and have a GREAT day!

Becky Fields

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Korean first
Eugene
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The Radisson Hotel at the Portland Airport is First Class all the way! I always stay here when I travel out of town. The Hotel offers a park and fly program and it is a hugh relief to know my car is safe while I am away. I also stay even when I am in town because of the excellent service and beautiful rooms. The restaurant and lounge are wonderful and the service is the best! The beds are so comfortable which is so important when traveling. The rooms are spacious and beautiful and very clean. I highly reccommend this hotel to anyone who requires a first class experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Patricia K
Dear Patricia K.,

Thank you very much for the great review and kind comments about your experiences at our hotel! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and the great feedback!

Thanks for sharing how our property meets your park and fly needs when travelling out of town. We hope to see you again very soon!

Sacramento, Ca
Reviewed 19 July 2012

There were some good things. A nice hotel with large, modern rooms and a very good restaurant - but read on.

First, the hotel is difficult to find. Then, they advertise "Lakeview Rooms" at an additional charge. They do not have a lake. There is a pond which is not very large, and is it scummy with algae in the summer. This should be an embarrassment to them.

The beds will last a long time as they are very firm and will not even dent for years.

BUT HERE IS THE WORST! Their "super water saver" toilets only give a half flush - and then they clog up. When we finally asked for help we heard, "Oh that happens all the time". They even keep a plunger at the front desk. Unfortunately, we didn't know this and spent too much time during the night reflushing and watching the water slowly go down, hoping it would clear. It never did.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SacramentoCalGal
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Sacramentogalcal,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Portland Airport

Please accept my sincere apology for the slow flushing toilet in your guest room. I have addressed this situation with our maintenance crew and I assure you they are working diligently to correct the situation.

Regarding the firmness of the bed, we have several options to choose from including firm, pillow top and sleep number beds to suit individual preferences.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Have a great day!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. Very nice, clean and inviting. The rooms are larger than most rooms I stay in for business. Nice large TV, a good size desk and comfortable bed. The staff is great and the lounge food is very good. They had happy hour specials and I had a good meal for around $5.00. Close to the airport if you need to catch an early plane. Overall better than most hotels that I stay at, you will not be disappointed. I will return next year.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pond which is a bonus and it's quiet. (no road noise)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear J88T88,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found our guest rooms to be large, clean and comfortable! I love hearing your feedback about our great staff and incredible food as well.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Thank you for taking time to review your excellent experience with us!

Lewiston, Idaho
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I blocked out rooms at this property for a basketball tournament; we were with the NW Blazers. The staff at this property is absolutely TOP-NOTCH! It's a beautiful hotel, well taken care of! There wasnt anything we needed that everybody wasnt able and willing to help out with. The food was excellent - just overall one of the best hotels we have stayed at! I would recommend this property to everybody staying in the Portland area!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie W
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Laurie W,

Wow! Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your group's recent stay at our hotel!

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and designated us "one of the best hotels" you've stayed at.

It was our pleasure to have the NW Blazers stay with us and we hope to see you all again in the very near future!

ATLANTA
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

We couldn't get into our downtown condo till the next day after our arrival in Portland so we stayed at the airport Radisson. The shuttle was there in five minutes, and it was a quick ride to the hotel. Our room was spacious, clean and up-to-date. Dinner on the patio was relaxing and tasty. The fluff from the cottonwood trees was entertaining. Staff members were all friendly and helpful. Better than most moderately priced airport hotels.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ANNE J
Dear Travelwithme1952,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our clean, spacious rooms, prompt shuttle and friendly staff! We enjoyed serving you and look forward to your next visit.

California
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We spent our 2nd night in Portland here at the Radisson. Upgraded room to the business level 4 for $17 including a free breakfast for one. Surprised with the view of a pond outside the window, very nice. The room was spacious and clean with extra amenities. Access to the business lounge which was empty most of the time, so I got to use the computer there each time I went in. Must try their delicious free cookies at the lobby and the lounge. Ordered breakfast to go and the staff working there were all wonderful and satisfied all my needs. We took a little walk to the back before we leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the pond
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear ROCruiser,

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent visit to our hotel!

I am pleased that you enjoyed your upgrade to our secure 4th floor and found it to be a great value! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!