“Much nicer than expected!”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was hoping for clean and comfortable but received much more. Staff was friendly and helpful and we even had cookies upon arrival. There is also an espresso machine that is free for the guests. The hotel has recently been remodeled and was quite nice. Rooms are spacious, flat screen tv, couch&desk area, single serve coffee maker (a personal preference of mine-it makes a hotter cup) soft cotton bed linens with lots of pillows and the bath soap was extra special. Weather permitting (this is the NW after all) there is outside seating adjacent to the pond, lawn and garden area. Our rate was under $100.00, which I consider a bargain for all that was offered.
I will definitely stay here next time a need a hotel at the airport.

Room Tip: I rate the location average because it is about 5 minutes drive from the shopping area of Cascade St...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gorge51
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear Gorge51,

Wow! I loved hearing about your great experience staying with us! I am so glad that we exceeded your expectations with our super friendly staff, delicious cookies and coffee in addition to our recently remodeled guest rooms and super comfy beds! We love to pamper our guests by providing much more than just the basics. We truly love what we do and I guess it shows!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience!

Have a GREAT day!

Becky Fields

Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stay here every time we are in the Portland area. The service provided by the staff is first rate.
The rooms have always been very comfortable and quiet. We found the restaurant to be very good and we always plan on visiting the hotel restaurant at least once during our stay.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to near the airport and is looking for a comfortable room at a reasonable price

Room Tip: The Lindbergh level is a terrific value if you plan on eating at the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric V
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Eric V,

Thank you so much for your loyalty! We know there are many airport hotels to choose from and you keep coming back to stay with us - thank you!

We are delighted that you find our guest rooms comfortable and reasonably priced and enjoy the food in our Lakeside Bar and Grill.

Thank you again for the great feedback and have a GREAT day!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here during a work trip and had a great experience! My favorite part was the people, the gym and the food. Great service from the attendants and Michael in the restaurant made me laugh and feel special. People working in the hallways would smile and say "hi". The water feature in front felt like spa-like. Free parking! The food from the restaurant was delicious!! I had the Caesar Salad which was crunchy fresh with big chunks of cheese and perfect chicken. For breakfast I had the yogurt parfait. Yum... the gym is full service with all the features I like including a workout ball and free weights. I'm planning to hold a round-table there for work because of the food and accommodations. The beds were firm and wonderful too.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Laela E
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Laela E.,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Portland Airport! I appreciate hearing such great feedback and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

I agree - our Lakeside Bar and Grill serves great food. You mentioned two of my favorites - the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad and the Yogurt Parfait. Both are outstanding!

We look forward to hosting your group for your upcoming roundtable.

Thank you again and have a GREAT day!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

The Radisson Hotel at the Portland Airport is First Class all the way! I always stay here when I travel out of town. The Hotel offers a park and fly program and it is a hugh relief to know my car is safe while I am away. I also stay even when I am in town because of the excellent service and beautiful rooms. The restaurant and lounge are wonderful and the service is the best! The beds are so comfortable which is so important when traveling. The rooms are spacious and beautiful and very clean. I highly reccommend this hotel to anyone who requires a first class experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia K

Dear Patricia K.,

Thank you very much for the great review and kind comments about your experiences at our hotel! We certainly appreciate your loyalty and the great feedback!

Thanks for sharing how our property meets your park and fly needs when travelling out of town. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

There were some good things. A nice hotel with large, modern rooms and a very good restaurant - but read on.

First, the hotel is difficult to find. Then, they advertise "Lakeview Rooms" at an additional charge. They do not have a lake. There is a pond which is not very large, and is it scummy with algae in the summer. This should be an embarrassment to them.

The beds will last a long time as they are very firm and will not even dent for years.

BUT HERE IS THE WORST! Their "super water saver" toilets only give a half flush - and then they clog up. When we finally asked for help we heard, "Oh that happens all the time". They even keep a plunger at the front desk. Unfortunately, we didn't know this and spent too much time during the night reflushing and watching the water slowly go down, hoping it would clear. It never did.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SacramentoCalGal
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear Sacramentogalcal,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Portland Airport

Please accept my sincere apology for the slow flushing toilet in your guest room. I have addressed this situation with our maintenance crew and I assure you they are working diligently to correct the situation.

Regarding the firmness of the bed, we have several options to choose from including firm, pillow top and sleep number beds to suit individual preferences.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. Very nice, clean and inviting. The rooms are larger than most rooms I stay in for business. Nice large TV, a good size desk and comfortable bed. The staff is great and the lounge food is very good. They had happy hour specials and I had a good meal for around $5.00. Close to the airport if you need to catch an early plane. Overall better than most hotels that I stay at, you will not be disappointed. I will return next year.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pond which is a bonus and it's quiet. (no road noise)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear J88T88,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I'm glad you found our guest rooms to be large, clean and comfortable! I love hearing your feedback about our great staff and incredible food as well.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Thank you for taking time to review your excellent experience with us!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I blocked out rooms at this property for a basketball tournament; we were with the NW Blazers. The staff at this property is absolutely TOP-NOTCH! It's a beautiful hotel, well taken care of! There wasnt anything we needed that everybody wasnt able and willing to help out with. The food was excellent - just overall one of the best hotels we have stayed at! I would recommend this property to everybody staying in the Portland area!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie W
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Laurie W,

Wow! Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your group's recent stay at our hotel!

We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and designated us "one of the best hotels" you've stayed at.

It was our pleasure to have the NW Blazers stay with us and we hope to see you all again in the very near future!