“Great Staff”

Ranked #14 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Medford
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed here on a business trip. The room was nice and clean. Everything we requested was taken care of. The food was very good. I would recommend them and I would definitely stay there again. The shuttle runs every half hour so the wait to get to the airport is minimal. You can catch the train from the airport to get downtown and enjoy the sites. On our last day we had to check out before we were finished with our business class and they were nice enough to watch our bags until we returned to leave.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent experience with us! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and certainly appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family!

We hope you will stay with us again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

Have a great day.

Becky Fields

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed at the Portland Airport Radisson just one night before a flight out early the next morning. This was my first stay and I chose this because last time I stayed at the Red Lion by the Airport and it was not clean or comfortable. So it was time to spend a little more and I was pleased that this place was nicer, cleaner, and I was treated so well - as though the staff really cared about my happiness. They upgraded me to a business class room which was kind and had not been requested. They gave me a voucher for an appetizer and a drink in the bar up til 11pm and that was a nice treat. I had placed my reservation online and ordered a room with their parking package, so had not additionally ordered the breakfast. As it was, I was leaving before the breakfast bar opened, but they sack breakfasts to go (fruit and a granola type bar and water) which was great. The shuttle van dropped us off and our car was safe during the 10 day journey. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
I'm delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant experience with us! It's true - our staff truly does care about the happiness of each of our guests.

I'm also glad our Stay, Park and Fly package was convenient for you. We hope you will think of us next time you are in need of an airport hotel!

Thank you again for the kind words.

County Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Having read many favorable reviews on TA We selected this hotel for a 5-night stay in late May. Our stay was a mixture of business and personal visits. I must say I was very disappointed. Perhaps we chose a bad week but good hotels don't have dips in standards of customer service.

On check-in We were greeted by a gentleman on reception desk who couldn't stop yawning. The room we were given was not equipped to the standard shown when booking. The room was very clean but awkwardly designed with the sink outside the bathroom in the main body of the bedroom. Also not a big fan of the sleep number bed. Unlike other reviewers we were not asked if we wanted such a bed or not.

The worst feature of our stay was the wait for breakfast at the chronically understaffed hotel restaurant. The two staff on floor duty worked very hard to serve the busy breakfast room but the average wait in the busy facility on two days was 40 minutes. The manager apologized but not a great advertisement for what is primarily a business hotel.

Location is close to the airport but a bit of a stretch to call it an "airport hotel" as their are several hotels in the airport complex whereas the Radisson is a bit further away.

In short not the best Radisson we have stayed at and I wouldn't recommend it for either personal or vacation travel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Azeuro O
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will be following up with our staff to insure our guests are taken care of in a prompt and professional manner.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly to discuss your experience further.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Clean, well organized hotel with exceptionally helpful staff. Location could be a problem for a car-free vacation traveler (there is nothing within walking distance of the property and no noticeable public transportation options), but by car, it is surprisingly close to Portland's Alberta and Mississippi Ave district (cool independent shops, and some great restaurants/bars). Additionally, the hotel's proximity to the airport and complimentary shuttle service made returning our rental car (which we were able to do the evening before departure) and getting to the airport for our early morning flight a breeze.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us! I appreciate your great feedback!

I agree we are located a bit off the beaten path, but we will happily shuttle our guests to and from the nearby Cascade Station for shopping and dining or to the MAX light rail station. From MAX you can easily visit anywhere in the Portland metro area including the Alberta and Mississippi district you mentioned.

Please come and see us again soon!

Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed at the hotel in May 2013 and the whole experience was great. The receptionist was friendly, helpful and kind, he gave me vouchers for the restaurant for dinner as I'd be checking out before breakfast, the food in the restaurant was great and the waiter was really good, and they provide to-go bags of fruit and granola bars (and have coffee) for people who leave before the continental breakfast starts. The room was clean, quiet and spacious. I will never stay anywhere else when I need a "park and fly" hotel in Portland. Its a great value for a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind comments!

I'm pleased that we have earned your business as your "park and fly" hotel of choice at the Portland Airport.

We have an excellent staff who do a great job of anticipating the needs of our guests - and it sounds like we succeeded in your case!

We hope you will come and visit us again before your next trip.

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We regularly travel to different City's and experience al sort of hotels
At arrival of this hotel we had the warmest welcome from the Manager and Staff which showed us al the Facilities for our Function. The rooms are spaces with good beds and with a choice of Sleep Numbers for a great and comfort sleep, but,,, the hotel floors are build with plywood floors and the noise from people walking in the corridor or above the floor travels in to the Rooms.
The Restaurant and Catering provided us with a great and delicious food.
As for the location: It is on the outskirt of Portland with amble of parking and a beautiful pond with ducks and beavers in the back of the building for all nature lover's .
Would I stay at this Hotel again: Yes

A big Thank you to the Manager Patti Highsmith for helping to make this stay at the Radisson Hotel as memorable event.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rudolf M
Thank you for sharing your group's recent experience at our hotel. I'm pleased you had an enjoyable stay!

I agree, Patti Highsmith is an excellent Sales Manager and I know she took great care of you and your group!

We hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Friendly, professional staff clearly enjoy what they do. The comfortable rooms practically sparkle. Best. Pillows. Ever. Even the restaurant is good. Great all around value. I'll be back again. And again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbiR1110
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us!

I'm glad you agree that we have a very comfortable property and excellent restaurant, but our excellent staff is what makes our guests keep coming back!

We hope to see you again very soon!