“What a great surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Portland
msp
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We arrived late in the evening/early morning and we quickly checked in and given directions to park. The room was dated however we were so happy with the overall room cleanliness we soon did not care about that. We had come from vegas and had just stayed at Caesars Palace and the room here was a far better experience. The staff was excellent and very friendly! We ordered room service which I told my boyfriend I never do because it is always bad. Was I wrong! it was quick, hot and tasted great. I work in the hotel industry so I am a bit critical (smiling) but I could find nothing wrong here except that they did not offer to sign me up for the rewards program. But it was a quick check in and we were tiered and just want to get into the room, so no complaints from me. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us! I'm so pleased you had a great experience and we hope to see you again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

Becky Fields

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
Terrebonne, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed this past weekend and had a good stay at the hotel.
We hadn't stayed at this hotel for a little while and it was great to see they have updated the facility.

We made the happy hour menu and were impressed by the offerings and portion sizes. We had the french fried Portobello mushrooms and thought they would be interesting as a little tempura style frying method, so they were a little less oily. Dinner on Saturday was great. Staff seemed a little stretched with the nearly full dining room, but we relaxed and enjoyed.

Rooms were nice and comfortable, but the sleep number beds were hit and miss. It seemed that the position in front of the tv was the most comfortable for sleeping and all the other spots were not as broken in, so a bit stiff (even on the lower settings).

Front desk was great on Fri & Sat afternoons- the gals were great. Sunday morning wasn't so good and the guys must have stayed out too late the night before. It didn't seems they had the same customer oriented attitude as the gals and didn't seem to like keeping the place orderly.

The reason I say this is b/c the Saturday morning "Grab n Go" area was stocked and being maintained, as well as the auto cappuccino machine area. Sunday morning when I came down at 7am neither area was stocked or attended to and a bit dirty.
When I asked one of the guys if they were going to refresh the area with the kashi bars, banana, and other items that were out on Saturday, they guy responded "would you like me to do that?" Ummmm, why would I be asking and I shouldn't need to. He then said he'd look in back to see it there was anything and also said that it was the house keeping staffs task to take care of it. I went out to my car to put some luggage in and came back in to notice the guy eating what looked like one of the bars and nothing out on the GnG table. I asked again and he show me one bars on the front desk. Nice! So I asked again if it was going to be refreshed and he mumbled through his food that house keeping was coming down. So I went to finish clearing out our luggage and came back down, but still nothing happening with the area and other folks were looking a little bewildered by the un-kept/stocked area.
This was noted it was complementary and for us hurried travelers, this a much needed benefit of the hotel and really appreciated it.
We'll keep the hotel in mind on our next trip through.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dj6940
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize for a less than professional attitude on the part of some of our staff. I have addressed this with our front office team and we are working diligently to prevent a similar situation from occurring again in the future.

We truly value you as a guest and hope you will visit us again in the future when we can exceed your expectations.

Pugwash, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I love the overcast and drizzles. My first time going to Portland and I was taken back!
It is a huge city! I was overloaded and had to relax to process the immensity and had a little difficulty finding my way around. I am from Orange County and function well with parallel and diagonal streets. Even our freeways are predictable. But Portland had me a bit confused but I was able to find this hotel. My honey made the reservations and I had a preconceived idea that it was going to be a dive for it was a deal too good to be true.

I loved the Radisson so much! Clean room with clean towels In fact it was more than I ever expected and I rarely left the room. What I like is that they do not use bedspreads because I hate when hotel/motels use comforters and bedspreads because I visualize that a naked person has exuded personal juices on it and the motel/hotel will never clean each and every bedspread/comforter because it is too costly. I love white sheets and that is all I need. They also have extra pillows and a blanket should you need it.
The soap shampoo and coffee maker was perfect as was the coffee 24/7 in the lobby.

I felt at home in this hotel and the staff was excellent, they seemed to like their job, a positive energy!
And I was happy with the restaurant for I was only visiting for 2 days and had no time to cook or run around looking for a place to eat.

I went to Portland because a death in the family but it was a perfect micro-vacation for me. "Made lemonade out of lemons"

I did not see the pool I was kicking it in my room, and kids I did not take any because my children are grown. Perfect for couples!! Especially geezers!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing such a great detailed review of your recent stay with us! I especially like the fact that our excellent staff made you feel at home. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in our beautiful city and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back our way.

Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

We have stayed at the Radisson twice in 2013, both times staying over night prior to a flight out of the Portland airport. This hotel is so convenient. We left our vehicle there for 10 days each time, and the cost of the room was about the same price as we would have paid for parking at the airport. The rooms are SUPER clean and nice. You get your choice of sleep number bed or pillow top, so we have tried both! The pillow top was soooo comfy I did not want to get up that morning! The hotel restaurant is REALLY good, and so are the specialty drinks. Wow... the other thing that is nice is the airport shuttle. This hotel made it so easy. Simply reserve a room, show up, park, eat, sleep and hop on the shuttle for your flight. It's about 6 minutes to the airport and the driver tells you exactly where to go for your airline. The shuttle leaves the airport every 15 minutes so you don't have to wait at all when you get back from your trip. Lots of hotels around PDX offer similar service but the Radisson has been the best. Staff is awesome, and both times we were there we saw several members of flight crews coming into the hotel. That speaks to the quality of the hotel. It's close enough to get there quickly, far enough away that you don't hear ANY noise. NICE!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a parking lot view and others have a nicer view... we were there at night both times...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to share about your experience with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and your loyalty!

I'm glad our Stay, Park and Fly package is convenient and economical for you.

We hope to see you again before flying off to your next adventure!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel might not be the easiest to find, but it is worth it. We stay at the Radisson whenever we're coming to Portland, or when we are going to travel overseas. It's a great GO-TO hotel that is convenient to the Airport and the free shuttle makes it's really nice. They also offer a package where you can leave your car, safely, while you travel.

This last stay was for November 27 & 28. When we checked in, we were delighted to see that we'd received a complimentary upgrade. The room was incredible. And, in the room, there was a handwritten note from Jennifer (Reservation Specialist) and a form letter from Becky (General Manager), both were nice touches that made us feel very welcomed and appreciated. Plus, there was a cold beer in the refrigerator (note said it was a 'special treat'). This is not the service you'd normally expect from a hotel near the Portland Airport. We were duly impressed.

On the down-side, the man at the front desk didn't seem clear on our reservation and wasn't sure if we were reserved for two nights. A bit disconcerting, although our reservation clearly stated the two nights. I cleared it up the following morning.

Also, it seems like they were only expecting my husband as there was only one beer in the refrigerator and only one robe in the closet. Not a biggie, but not quite perfect. It wasn't worth bringing to their attention, but I'm sure if we'd done so, all would have been fixed promptly.

The Radisson is your best choice, bar none, if you need a hotel near the airport. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room at the end of the hall. Very spacious and quiet. Looked out over trees...
3 Thank PALTravel
Thank you for taking time to share about your recent experience with us! We truly appreciate your loyalty.

My apologies for the confusion at the front desk. We are training some new agents and will use your feedback to provide additional coaching where needed.

We hope you will give us an opportunity to make things "perfect" on your next visit!

Westlake Village, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel had great service and all of the amentities you could ask for a road warrior. There was a great restaurant on site that was comfortable and agood food. The rooms are well lit with lots of plugs for cell phones, Computers....Staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome.... hotel was updated with a great value. Would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing about your recent experience with us. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again when your "road warrior" travels bring you back our way!

Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have become regulars at this very comfortable hotel. First "discovered" it a few years ago when we needed the "park and fly" option, which is a very safe and efficient way to make an early flight out, leaving the car with Radisson while traveling. Now we have returned many times, as we just plain love the place, especially the Lindberg level rooms. (These are very comfortable, immaculate, spacious with small living room area and for those on back side of building, a view of the serene little pond with ducks and a pair of egrets on our last visit.) Staff are extremely polite and responsive to needs, check in and out efficient. Morning coffee? The lobby has regular brew or a complimentary self-operated espresso machine. Happy hour? Terrific appetizers at great prices in the Lakeside Cafe', for all rooms. (Complimentary drinks and appetizers for Lindberg level rooms.) Excellent hot/cold buffet breakfast. (Also complimentary for L. level rooms!) This excellent hotel offers comfort, convenience and great value. We'll be back!

1 Thank Wordsofwhizdom
We LOVE our :"regular" guests! Thank you for your great feedback and your loyalty. We know you have a choice of airport hotels and we truly appreciate you choosing us!

We hope to see you again very soon.