“Spring Break HQ for the City of Portland”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Seduced by the travelportland.com TV ads here in British Columbia, Canada, we decided to travel the few extra hours to Portland (instead of Seattle) for our Spring Break family vacation. Of course we chose the PDX Radisson hotel once again as our headquarters for the 5 days, and found another plus to this hotel:
A convenient shuttle to the airport hooked us directly with MAX light rail that would take us wherever we wanted to go (Rose Garden, downtown, etc.). Easy peasy.
And there is some great shopping areas along the line near the airport too.

We liked Portland so much we are going back in March 2014. It's a big city with lots to explore.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for taking time to share about your stay at our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and found our shuttle service to be convenient. We hope to see you when you return again to explore more of our beautiful city!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Every time I come the to Portland Radisson, I can count on a great stay. My wife and I stayed here again last weekend. As USUAL we were treat great' the food was unbelievably good and the room was spotless. We generally stay here before we fly out of town. We come in the evening before, park the car and just enjoy the good nights rest and know our car will be secure while we are gone. The staff is always very friendly. And NO we have no connection to this hotel chain and no vested interest in posting this comment. It is just deserved.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and for being such a loyal guest of the Portland airport Radisson. We know you have a choice of airport hotels and we appreciate you choosing us!

We hope to see you again before you fly off to your next adventure.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

In all my airport traveling this hotel far surpassed any other I've booked. I arrived late in the evening and was booked into my room easily and quickly. My room stay included 9 days of free parking for my can, and even though it was VERY cold (16 degrees) outside, a staff member volunteered to park my car in their well lit lot so I could get to my room and relax and brought my keys directly to my room. The room was wonderful. It had an attractive décor and many amenities. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and everything was fresh and sparkling clean. I needed to leave for the airport by 3:30 a.m. and relied on the hotel's wake up call and courtesy van to get there. Even this early the staff was cheerful, the van left on schedule and when I found my favorite sunglasses had fallen out of my purse during the trip to the airport, when I call them from my gate, the driver searched the van and offered to bring them back to the airport for me! My return flight was delayed 10 hours and I arrived at 12:15 a.m. Again, the courtesy van driver hurried over to pick me up so I wouldn't have to stand alone in the middle of a cold winter night! He drove me directly to my car, helped me load my luggage in the back, and waited to make sure my car started in the cold weather. All of the staff went out of their way to make sure all my needs were met and that I was comfortable and safe. They provide breakfast (though I left too early to enjoy it!) and they didn't charge me for my overtime parking due to my late flight. I recommend this hotel to EVERYONE who visits Portland. They are amazing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor are terrific!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda2046

Thank you for sharing about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and our staff made you feel welcomed and cared for. We appreciate you recommending us to your family and friends and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We arrived late in the evening/early morning and we quickly checked in and given directions to park. The room was dated however we were so happy with the overall room cleanliness we soon did not care about that. We had come from vegas and had just stayed at Caesars Palace and the room here was a far better experience. The staff was excellent and very friendly! We ordered room service which I told my boyfriend I never do because it is always bad. Was I wrong! it was quick, hot and tasted great. I work in the hotel industry so I am a bit critical (smiling) but I could find nothing wrong here except that they did not offer to sign me up for the rewards program. But it was a quick check in and we were tiered and just want to get into the room, so no complaints from me. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us! I'm so pleased you had a great experience and we hope to see you again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed this past weekend and had a good stay at the hotel.
We hadn't stayed at this hotel for a little while and it was great to see they have updated the facility.

We made the happy hour menu and were impressed by the offerings and portion sizes. We had the french fried Portobello mushrooms and thought they would be interesting as a little tempura style frying method, so they were a little less oily. Dinner on Saturday was great. Staff seemed a little stretched with the nearly full dining room, but we relaxed and enjoyed.

Rooms were nice and comfortable, but the sleep number beds were hit and miss. It seemed that the position in front of the tv was the most comfortable for sleeping and all the other spots were not as broken in, so a bit stiff (even on the lower settings).

Front desk was great on Fri & Sat afternoons- the gals were great. Sunday morning wasn't so good and the guys must have stayed out too late the night before. It didn't seems they had the same customer oriented attitude as the gals and didn't seem to like keeping the place orderly.

The reason I say this is b/c the Saturday morning "Grab n Go" area was stocked and being maintained, as well as the auto cappuccino machine area. Sunday morning when I came down at 7am neither area was stocked or attended to and a bit dirty.
When I asked one of the guys if they were going to refresh the area with the kashi bars, banana, and other items that were out on Saturday, they guy responded "would you like me to do that?" Ummmm, why would I be asking and I shouldn't need to. He then said he'd look in back to see it there was anything and also said that it was the house keeping staffs task to take care of it. I went out to my car to put some luggage in and came back in to notice the guy eating what looked like one of the bars and nothing out on the GnG table. I asked again and he show me one bars on the front desk. Nice! So I asked again if it was going to be refreshed and he mumbled through his food that house keeping was coming down. So I went to finish clearing out our luggage and came back down, but still nothing happening with the area and other folks were looking a little bewildered by the un-kept/stocked area.
This was noted it was complementary and for us hurried travelers, this a much needed benefit of the hotel and really appreciated it.
We'll keep the hotel in mind on our next trip through.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dj6940
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize for a less than professional attitude on the part of some of our staff. I have addressed this with our front office team and we are working diligently to prevent a similar situation from occurring again in the future.

We truly value you as a guest and hope you will visit us again in the future when we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I love the overcast and drizzles. My first time going to Portland and I was taken back!
It is a huge city! I was overloaded and had to relax to process the immensity and had a little difficulty finding my way around. I am from Orange County and function well with parallel and diagonal streets. Even our freeways are predictable. But Portland had me a bit confused but I was able to find this hotel. My honey made the reservations and I had a preconceived idea that it was going to be a dive for it was a deal too good to be true.

I loved the Radisson so much! Clean room with clean towels In fact it was more than I ever expected and I rarely left the room. What I like is that they do not use bedspreads because I hate when hotel/motels use comforters and bedspreads because I visualize that a naked person has exuded personal juices on it and the motel/hotel will never clean each and every bedspread/comforter because it is too costly. I love white sheets and that is all I need. They also have extra pillows and a blanket should you need it.
The soap shampoo and coffee maker was perfect as was the coffee 24/7 in the lobby.

I felt at home in this hotel and the staff was excellent, they seemed to like their job, a positive energy!
And I was happy with the restaurant for I was only visiting for 2 days and had no time to cook or run around looking for a place to eat.

I went to Portland because a death in the family but it was a perfect micro-vacation for me. "Made lemonade out of lemons"

I did not see the pool I was kicking it in my room, and kids I did not take any because my children are grown. Perfect for couples!! Especially geezers!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing such a great detailed review of your recent stay with us! I especially like the fact that our excellent staff made you feel at home. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in our beautiful city and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We have stayed at the Radisson twice in 2013, both times staying over night prior to a flight out of the Portland airport. This hotel is so convenient. We left our vehicle there for 10 days each time, and the cost of the room was about the same price as we would have paid for parking at the airport. The rooms are SUPER clean and nice. You get your choice of sleep number bed or pillow top, so we have tried both! The pillow top was soooo comfy I did not want to get up that morning! The hotel restaurant is REALLY good, and so are the specialty drinks. Wow... the other thing that is nice is the airport shuttle. This hotel made it so easy. Simply reserve a room, show up, park, eat, sleep and hop on the shuttle for your flight. It's about 6 minutes to the airport and the driver tells you exactly where to go for your airline. The shuttle leaves the airport every 15 minutes so you don't have to wait at all when you get back from your trip. Lots of hotels around PDX offer similar service but the Radisson has been the best. Staff is awesome, and both times we were there we saw several members of flight crews coming into the hotel. That speaks to the quality of the hotel. It's close enough to get there quickly, far enough away that you don't hear ANY noise. NICE!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a parking lot view and others have a nicer view... we were there at night both times...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking time to share about your experience with us. We truly appreciate your kind words and your loyalty!

I'm glad our Stay, Park and Fly package is convenient and economical for you.

We hope to see you again before flying off to your next adventure!