“Welcoming”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #14 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Having flown in from Australia I was only 80 miles from home, but the rare snowstorm in Portland meant I couldn't complete my journey. I called the Radisson as I've stayed there a couple of times and luckily they had an available room. Their shuttle was working and I was taken to the hotel. Arriving very tired, cold and exhausted the front desk staff quickly got me registered, offered me cookies (which were delicious) and within minutes I was in my room. Had a lovely dinner in the restaurant, followed by an equally good breakfast the next morning, before finally going home. The bed was comfortable and the staff were lovely. They made a weary traveler feel welcome.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing the lake at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm pleased that we were able to provide a respite in your travel complications due to the snowstorm.

We hope you will visit us again soon - under warmer conditions!

Becky Fields

Write a ReviewReviews (2,141)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here for a business trip for 7 nights. During this time there were 3 snowstorms and 1 ice storm. The weather conditions were miserable. It was so comforting to have a nice room like we did. Very roomy with all the comforts. There was a king sleep number bed, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. The room was large with a couch, a chair and a desk. A very nice updated TV. We really enjoyed the room. It was very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant on site and enjoyed a drink in the bar. I really appreciated the front desk, especially Michelle, who helped everyone who was stranded with cancelled flights. They were amazing with all the added challenges and they stayed calm and helped all who needed help. I also have a lot of praise for management as they had all the employees stay until it was safe for them to go home. A very great stay and will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to give such great feedback regarding your stay during our recent snow storm. I have shared your compliments with Michelle and she was honored that you mentioned her by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her and our entire staff for a job well done!

We hope to see you again under much "warmer" circumstances!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

A standard hotel class doing everything well, with attention to detail and high quality service!

The hotel offers airport shuttle to and from-24 hours a day. Arrived from south florida almost midnight, I called hotel to find out exactly where to meet shuttle--its outside in a center section of the airport traffic lanes. The hotel staff advised shuttle would be there to pick me up at 11:45 and at 11:44 the shuttle arrived. Friendly gentleman picked up my bags, loaded them onto shuttle and approx. 7 minutes later we were at hotel. Front desk staff friendly and accommodating. Room was spacious and immaculate. Every possible detail has been considerately anticipated for the hotel guest--in addition to the expected toiletry items (also higher quality than standard): complimentary water, little packs of ear plugs by the bed, a variety of pillows on bed, radio alarm clocks with IPAD dock, and more. The facility is non-smoking-another plus.

There is a restaurant downstairs with an extensive offering of breakfast items, as well as complimentary coffee/tea/apple cider sweetened and sugar free at the self service station. The morning shuttle ran at 15 and 45 minutes of every hour on this day, and the shuttle arrived exactly on schedule. I did not look at but I understand there is a complimentary business center as well as fitness room.

Prior to booking this hotel for one night, I explored online ALL the potential airport convenient hotels and choose this one because of high marks for CLEANLINESS--which as someone who is, I admit, ‘germophobic’, is of supreme importance to me. Hence I expected the room and common areas to be exceptionally clean,and they were. The overall ‘hotel experience’ exceeded my expectations. As someone who likes to stay in 4star and higher hotels when possible, this ‘standard’ hotel exceeded expectations and is a “high value’ choice”...Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SunnySideUpFlorida

Thank you for the detailed review and great recommendation!

I'm glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, particularly the cleanliness and little "extras" we offer our guests.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The park and fly package is excellent. Safe parking for your car for up to 14 days. The shuttle drivers are friendly and on my return I was delivered right to my car and he put my heavy luggage right into my trunk. The rooms are always clean, and twice I have been upgraded without asking. Clean, consistent, affordable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank lcpet

Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience at our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Definitely would stay again. Being so close tithe airport it was re quiet.much better than staying at other airport hotels. The ability to leave a car for two weeks was a great selling point. We stayed in room 411. Overall it was ok esp being right next to elevator. In this day of breakfast buffet as part of the room- they had nothing except coffee. The buffet in the dining room was standard fare. Dinner the night before was middle of the road. Given its class of hotel it is definitely a decent value

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and it was superb. We arrived very late and left very early - nothing was a problem and the hotel organised the shuttle for us. Our room was lovely, nice and quiet. Reception staff were extremely helpful (and not just during regular working hours!). 100% recommended. Will stay here again when next in Portland. Well done staff and management!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for the great recommendation! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll visit us again whenever you have need of a Portland airport hotel!

General Manger

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Never fails - whether I'm on a business trip solo, or with my boyfriend, or need two separate rooms for a friend and I, this hotel never disappoints.
It's quiet, comfortable beds, discounts if you're a Club Carlson member (free to join) such as free breakfasts and free drinks & appetizers at night.
Spacious rooms, separate living space in each hotel room on 4th floor, request upgrade.
Room service, lots of TV channels, free internet, free parking.
Free business center, free workout room.
Views of large pond with ducks swimming around, as well as an area to walk around pond outside.
Cost for all this: less than $100 a night when I book at least a couple weeks ahead.

Room Tip: Request 4th floor when checking in.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words! We truly appreciate your loyalty and we're glad you always enjoy your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.