“I love this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Bellevue, Washington
“I love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My son is a student athlete at a small college in Portland and I visit frequently during the year to see his games. I discovered the Radisson last year and absolutely love staying here. Conveniently located, great value for the very reasonable rates, GREAT customer service, nice rooms, nice on-site restaurant.......I can't say enough. And when you check in, they have fabulous, warm, freshly baked cookies at the front desk. This is my go-to hotel in Portland and when my travels bring me to the area after my son graduates, I will continue to stay at the Radisson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel so you can watch the birds and ducks on the little lake...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for your great review of our hotel and for your loyalty. We love our guests who consider us their "go-to" hotel at the Portland Airport!

We wish your son the best in his upcoming games and hope to see you on your next visit - we'll save a cookie for you ;-)

Becky Fields

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

The staff was great and in particular Kimberly's hospitality, friendliness, and amazing demeanor really started our vacation off on the right foot and made our stay the best trip we've had in years. Kudos to the professionalism and cleanliness of the hotel as well. Definitely was a 5 star experience

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great feedback! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us!

I have shared your compliments with our staff and especially Kimberly. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her - and our entire team - for a job well done!

On behalf of all of us at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We love staying at the Radisson. The front desk staff, especially Marianna P., are so interested in making sure you are taken care of. She goes the extra mile to make you feel welcomed and valued; something that is often missing from airport hotels.

Every stay we are 'delighted' by the extra attention to detail and the little things they do.

The rooms are clean and orderly and I appreciate the extra pillows. Amenities are perfectly acceptable and well above the usual soaps/shampoos/lotions found in most hotels.

In the bar, Kim was such a pleasure to deal with. Her friendly and professional attitude had us smiling and her recommendations were SPOT-ON. She really was the reason for our positive Happy Hour experience.

If you get to experience either of these two individuals, you'll be lucky...but all the staff has been excellent.

The free shuttle runs frequently, so getting to the airport (or back to the hotel) is effortless.

They offer parking options, which is great if you want to park for a longer term. They have a great coffee machine with gourmet coffee options as well as a grab-n-go breakfast if you have an early morning departure.

Room Tip: This time we were on the 4th floor (their elite floor), but all floors are good. Best rooms face th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PALTravel
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Marianna and Kim, and they were honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Mililani, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I flew from Hawaii to Portland this past Presidents Day weekend, as were looking for potential apartments to move into. We decided to go with this hotel as it was ranked among the top 15 hotels in Portland, according to TripAdvisor. Our guest room was pretty cozy. We really loved the Sleep Number bed and it probably gave us the best sleep sessions that we've had in a long time.

Being from Hawaii, we are a very laid back couple and don't complain about too many things. We are probably some of the most easy-going people you would meet. That being said, when we first checked into our room, we noticed that the toilet was broken (possibly clogged) and wouldn't flush properly. I immediately called the Front Desk and within 30 minutes a maintenance person knocked on our door with a plunger in his hand. The first thing he says to me is "Do you want me to do it or do you want to?" Taken aback, I could only reply with a "Umm I guess?". He then handed me the plunger and said "It's up to you man" and then left me to try and fix it myself. After trying several times without much success, I called the Front Desk a second time to explain what had happened, and they said they would be sending a second maintenance person. The second person was able to fix it right away as he brought the proper tool with him (different from a standard plunger).

The second questionable incident happened during the morning of our checkout. I dropped off my room keycards to the gentleman at the front desk person and all he did was say "Thanks". I stood there waiting and asked "Will I be getting a statement or some kind of receipt?" He then replied "Since you booked your package online, it should be sent to you by email." (BTW, I still haven't received it.) My wife and I just looked at each other and then walked out of the lobby. A simple "We hope you enjoyed your stay and please come again" would have gone a long way.

In my current job, customer service is extremely important and something I really value. There were some extremely nice workers in the restaurant area, which is why I have bumped the service rating to 3 stars. Though I believe a couple of the staff members could really benefit from more customer service training.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jerry I
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed these below standard service issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Weiden, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We found the Radisson online while looking for a park-and-fly hotel. We were very impressed with the service, the price, and the comfort of our room. The food at the restaurant was surprisingly good with great table service. We will be staying there again when we fly out of Portland.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad our Stay, Park and Fly package was a good value for you. I agree - the food in the Lakeside Bar and Grill is great with excellent staff and service.

We hope to see you the next time you have need of a Portland airport hotel!

Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I spent last Saturday night at the Radisson. It was lovely. We discovered the Radisson, randomly, a few years ago. On that first visit, we received excellent service and it keeps us coming back. We have a favorite room and request it every time we come. It is on the back side of the hotel, second floor, overlooking the lake. Saturday afternoon we watched hundreds of geese fly in and land on the far side of the lake. Sunday morning we watched a Snowy Egret (we think that's what it was) feeding along the waters edge. We also saw a few planes land and take off, all quieter than the birds! (We live near an air force base, so we know how noisy planes can be.) We appreciated the sounds of the birds, and of course, by the time the sun went down, they were all sleeping. The new decor in the room was beautiful and very relaxing. Great color choices and artwork. We liked the new bed in the room so much that we took a picture of the label so we can check into buying one for ourselves. The bedside lamps are positively genius! Each base has electrical outlets built into it. My husband and I both use CPAP machines and travel with an extension cord because many hotels do not have accessible outlets near the bed. More than once, we have to move furniture just to get to a plugin. That one feature is a measure of the level of thought and consideration put into the new decor. The staff always make us feel genuinely welcome and that they are happy to help us in any way they can. This is not a hotel we stay in because of it's proximity to the airport. It's a nice feature, but we've never flown out of PDX. We have family in Portland, and we stay at this Radisson because we like it. We like it a lot.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake side room, second floor or above, without a sleep number bed.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share about your experiences at the Radisson! I'm so pleased you enjoy our relaxing setting including bird watching from your guest room! We love our "regular" guests who continue to stay with us year after year - thank you!

We hope to see you again very soon.

Belmont, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

service. I have a reason tThis hotel is a gem. I travel a lot and have a lot to compare it to--it's one of the best values I've encountered. The lobby has a beautiful wood and glass table that I look forward to seeing again and again. The staff is great and if I lived in the area, I would come here just to have dinner--the food is that good and the view out the window overlooking a lake/pond is that enjoyable.

The rooms are nice, great water pressure, etc. The "grab and go" bags available in the morning always have fresh fruit and a healthy breakfast bar. Coffee is available to go, as well. They've really anticipated the traveler's needs. You get the feeling that someone has thought through dozens of ways they can deliver excellento be back in Portland twice a year and always make sure I stay here.

Room Tip: A little secluded, but that's what makes the rooms so restful. You can hear a jet off in the d...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the great review and for your loyalty to the Portland Radisson! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!