“Unexpectedly Nice”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The staff were very accommodating to arrange for my family and I to have rooms next to each other overlooking their small pond even though we reserved separately via hotwire. The rooms were larger and more comfortable than I expected. It had a nice sitting room area. We also liked the restaurant and airport shuttle service. The location was a little off the beaten path, in an industrial park, and not near a Max station. Even though it says airport in the name you do not hear airplane noise. I had not been to a Radisson for a long time and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Third floor or higher with a pond view. The 4th floor has special rooms, I guess?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to share about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your family's request for rooms close together.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We have had a number of opprtunities to go and stay at the airport and leave our car while on vacation. We used to use another hotel, but it had gotten in such a sad state of disrepair that we decided to try the Radisson this time. We couldn't have been happier. It was a little more money but it was clean, updated, the restaurant was very good and it had warm chocolate chip cookies at the check-in! We were able to leave our car in safety and the shuttle was prompt both coming and going. (and included in the price) The bonus to all of this is that have Sleep Number beds.We will be going back to them from now on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silverton_OregonKat

Thank you! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time with us. We love forming new friendships with our guests!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

A great hotel convenient to the airport. We were traveling thru Portland to/from Hawaii. We enjoyed our stay on the way to Hawaii so we booked the hotel on our return trip. We arrived in the afternoon on our way to Hawaii and found it very pleasant to enjoy a drink on the patio adjacent to the small lake. The rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful. We will stay at this hotel the next time we are in Portland!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time with us! It's great that you were able to relax and unwind prior to your trip back to Hawaii!

We hope you'll stay with us the next time you come back our way.

Mahalo and warm regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms and service. We were very satisfied with our stay. When we arrived we were tired and hungry. We decided to try the hotel restaurant instead of driving around for a place to eat. We were very impressed with our meals and the prices. It is also close to some basic shopping...Target..Home Goods...etc.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Andrea B

Thank you for sharing about your recent experience staying at our hotel. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and you got to sample the great food in our Lakeside Bar and Grill!

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was expecting a typical"by the airport" hotel stay but was really impressed with what I got ! The room as very clean, spacious, and all the perks, plus ear plugs. There was a train near by but it was " not " an issue at all and I only heard it, maybe, every two hours ! Restaurant was top notch and accommodated my gluten allergy with flair ! Great coffee machine in the front lobby area at no charge. They had a airline arrival/dept screen in the lobby so you could check flights on your way out the door. Staff was very friendly, professional and responsive to my needs. Radisson is first on my list because of this stay ! Job well done !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeanne K
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time at our hotel!

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I often come to Portland and seem to end up here for either the entire time, or the first and last nights in the area.
The Radisson is convenient for the airport, clean, and has a good bar and restaurant.
The check-in experience is good. The fitness centre and decor is okay. The bar tender is fantastic and can remember your drinks from 6 months ago.
It's not great if you want to experience Portland nightlife, but for those early morning flights home - this is the place to leave Portland from.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank STEVE H

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences staying with us! I'm glad our location is convenient for you when flying into or out of Portland. You mentioned access to downtown Portland and we do offer complimentary shuttle to the MAX line - less than 5 minutes away and the MAX ride to the downtown area is only about a 20 minute ride from there.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had a layover at PDX and needed to stay at a hotel for just one night. The Radisson fit the bill nicely! Free shuttle to and from the airport - shuttle driver was friendly and professional and on time. Front desk staff member was also friendly and professional (I can't remember his name, but when he noticed I was from Michigan, he mentioned that he was from Toledo, OH and we chatted it up a bit about the brutal winter in the midwest this year). I had a few questions and he took the time to answer them - never making me feel like I was imposing at all. That speaks volumes to me - since I also work in an environment that is customer-service oriented.

The room was very nice - queen size bed with a small sofa, desk, flat-screen t.v. There was a coffee maker in the room with a basket of the usual regular and decaf coffee, creamer, stirrers, etc. plus a free bottled water next to it. Loved the lotion/shampoo/conditioner by Rituals that was in the bathroom. On the nightstand were ear plugs and a nicely-worded note to indicate that some guests may hear the airport noise. I didn't hear anything, once I fell asleep, but it was nice to know that there was an option in case I did. Free wi-fi worked great and allowed me to go through my email and check-in for my flight the next morning. There is also a business center in the hotel where you can check-in for your flight and print your boarding pass. On the desk was a listing of breakfast options, including a "grab and go" selection which I completely forgot to do as my shuttle back out to the airport left rather early, but again, a great option.

I didn't have time to checkout the gym or any other amenities because I arrived so late in the evening and left early the next morning, but without a doubt, I would stay here again. Thanks, Radisson staff, for making my stay enjoyable!

One more thing: when I made my reservation, under "special requests" I indicated that I preferred a first floor room. Within 24-hours, I got an email from Jennifer, the manager, indicating that she had already blocked that room for me. Thanks, Jennifer! Again, excellent service, all the way around from everyone!

Room Tip: I was in a first floor room - overlooking a pond, which was nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bunnyrabbit115
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Portland Radisson! I have shared your compliments with Jennifer and our Front Desk team and they were honored that you mentioned them. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done!

We hope you will stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to our area.