“Good location”

Radisson Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #13 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I must admit to being disappointed with my stay after reading the many good reports prior to booking.
I checked in very late and had phoned to check that this wouldn't me a problem at which the receptionist practically laughed at me! Not a great start but I could overlook this. When I did check in I was given a room with only one bed when I had booked a room with two. I rang reception and the man who answered was very dismissive telling me there was nothing that could be done that night and it was a problem that often came up when people booked through Expedia as I had done. Sorry, not my problem! If it is an issue for you maybe don't allow Expedia to sell rooms on your behalf? My paperwork said my room was guaranteed for late check in. By this point I was so tired I let the issue go as I just wanted to go to bed after hours of travelling.
The following morning (after having to endure hearing the couple next door having frequent noisy sex!) I rang reception and spoke to a lady who told me to come to the desk when I was ready so they could give me the room I had booked. They made me feel like they were doing me a favour and offered no apology. I was eventually given the appropriate accommodation and was then able to settle in.
The new room had a horrible smell to it and after two days I eventually found the source. The microwave was disgusting and I had to point this out to housekeeping and ask for it to be cleaned. The smell had only just nearly gone by the end of my trip (just shy of two weeks) as I didn't feel comfortable leaving the window open during the day when I was out as it was on the ground floor.
I will admit that maybe this initial experience did colour the rest of my stay.
The room was average, nothing to distinguish it from any other hotel and I found it to be very dark and would generally need a light on even during the day. I found the housekeeping to be lacking. Many times items weren't replenished (coffee, milk, water) and the room wasn't cleaned well, particularly the floor (there were still pieces on the carpet from previous guests). Conversely, like many hotels they have a conservation policy that they won't change your towels if you leave them hanging but nearly every time my towels were replaced even when I hadn't wanted them to be.
I liked the location of the hotel and the comfort adjustable beds. I also like that there are laundry facilities for guests to use and also a gym.
The pillows were too soft for me though and seem to need replacing as do the towels which were very frayed and thin.
I wouldn't suggest anyone not stay here but maybe don't have very high expectations of somewhere outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2014
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay - specifically a dismissive response you felt you received from our front desk team when verifying your late arrival. As an airport hotel we have guests arriving at all hours of the day and night and this should never be a challenge for our team. I have addressed this and your other concerns regarding housekeeping with our team and we are working diligently to correct these issues.

Becky Fields

Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and the check-in and front desk assistance excellent. Hotel was comfortable as to the room and sleep quality. Room was clean and large enough with sitting area (couch/chair/end table) to relax other than just the bed. Front desk agents were very customer service friendly and made us feel welcomed throughout, and upon a couple requests that we had. Hotel's location is good if you want airport vicinity. East to get to with rental car or Hotel shuttle.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking time to share about your recent experience at our hotel. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Terrific service and, unlike many hotels which tend to slack off when they have a "captive audience" for food, the food was delicious, generous, and well-presented. I simply do not have that much more to say.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay and our Lakeside Bar and Grill. I agree the food and service are excellent! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel is out of my expectation! We are visitors driving our own car so the location is not important. The receptionist are warm and kind. We had a double queen room which is clean and tidy. The beds are the most comfortable one among those we have had during our 1 week trip. After checking in, we had dinner in the restaurant downstairs, which is again above of our expectation. I ordered cod fish, my husband meatball spaghetti, we loved our choice. The buffet breakfast was included in our room, we found the quality very acceptable. My children love the waffle made by a waffle machine which was fresh and hot. I ordered extra omelette , the fare was fair and the taste was good. All in all, we highly recommend the hotel and will stay in this one if we travel again to Portland.

Room Tip: we had a fourth floor room which is very good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We love exceeding our guest's expectations! Thank you for your great feedback. I am glad you found your guest room clean and the bed comfortable. I agree - the food in our Lakeside Bar and Grill is great and I'm glad you were able to sample it! We hope to see you again any time your travels bring you back our way!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stay at Radisson Hotels mostly because of the Sleep Number beds. However this particular property is exceptional and I highly recommend it. Rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet. Furnishings are modern and up-to-date. Staff is friendly and they know what they are doing.

Room Tip: Lake side is nice for the view but the airport is on that side too, although noise from the airport...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that your time with us was exceptional! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This hotel is very convenient and well run. Every staff member- including housekeeping- was friendly, helpful and seemed well trained. We were in Portland to visit family and decided not to rent a car. The Radisson made it very easy to hop on the shuttle to the airport and catch the train downtown. From the door of the Radisson to the Max line, it's about 10 minutes. Considering the headache of parking downtown, it was much easier to just catch the rail. We had dinner at the hotel one evening. The staff there was just o.k.-service was fine, not overly helpful. The food was standard airport hotel food...nothing special. The hotel was quiet and well kept. Our room was clean and kept neat during our stay. Overall, an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Note of caution: Rooms have window AC units that are quite noisy. If you're a light sleeper, br...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
RadissonGM97218, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to share about your recent experience at the Portland Radisson. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope you will stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back our way!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I typically stay downtown Portland, but was unable to find a room. So I booked a room at the Radisson near the Airport. It was very easy to find and easy access to I-5 from Columbia. Beautiful location, very serene. Although I didn't have a Sleep Number bed (they offered to change my room) but the pillow top mattress was really comfortable. I will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you so much for the great feedback about your recent visit to our hotel! I'm glad you had a peaceful stay and that our location was convenient for you. We hope to see you again soon.