“Quick Stopover in PDX” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Boise, Idaho
“Quick Stopover in PDX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

I got stuck in PDX after missing my connection home and have stayed at the Radisson once before and liked it so I called to get rates and was happy w/what they offered so I took the shuttle to check-in. They had quite a few people in the lobby around 10:30 checking in but it went quickly and the front desk agent was very nice, he even gave me 2 toothbrushes with toothpaste when I asked. He arranged the 5am airport shuttle bus we needed. It was a very quick process and before I knew it I was in my room. It's a nice room with a great bed, previously when I stayed I paid to upgrade to the 4th floor which one of the amenities is the sleep number bed but even their regular bed in the rooms below the 4th floor was great. It was a quick stay and it did the trick for me in my last stay and this one.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

After a 10-day trip to Oregon, we stayed the last night in the Radisson Hotel near the Portland, OR, airport. It was awful! The Tempur-Pedic bed with the various numbers to make your mattress custom to your liking was a flop! The right side of the bed was almost flat and when I pressed the number to get it up to my liking -- it sunk down again. The left side was a little better, but it was still very uncomfortable. The sheet linens looked a bit dingy and the bathroom had a moldy smell. the hall smelled a bit smokey also -- I was not impressed -- I thought Radisson Hotels were supposed to be a bit upscale. When I mentioned it to the staff the next morning, he said nonchalantly -- "sorry!"

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Pearl City, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

I liked the room setup with double sink outside the bathroom. The refrig and microwave came in handy. The beds were comfortable. Good location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

This hotel is very close to the airport. It also has good coffee in the mornings available in the lobby. Other than that ... well, did I mention that it's very close to the airport?

My wife and I stayed here two nights, one on each end of our trip. We wanted to be close to the airport since we knew we'd be tired when we got in and our flight left obscenely early on our last morning. It was very convenient, and the rooms are a fine size, but the beds were unimpressive, and the pillows were so bad that neither of us slept more than a few hours the first night, despite being exhausted from a long day of traveling. The second time, we knew to ask for better pillows, which made it better, but still not good. We were just looking for a place to sleep close to the airport, but this wasn't a good choice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

DO not stay here. It is in a seedy area with nothing around it! The staff is incompetent and robotic. To get to the TriMax you have to be shuttled to the airport; which means you have to wait at the airport to be shuttled back to the Radison. This is extremely inconvenient. What makes it worse it their so called shuttle schedule isn't adhered to at all. Typically we waited 30 min to 1 hour to be shuttled back from the airport and often waited 30 min. to be shuttled to the airport from the hotel. When we complained via phone call to the hotel after waiting 1 hour for the shuttle (they intially told us it would be 15 min.) the shuttle driver finally picked us up and virtually attempted to reprimand us for complaining! Portland is wonderful but staying at the Radison ruined our trip. It was unbelievable from the shuttle to our card key not working 50% of the time. We also had no phone service in our room initially. There is a dining room but the food is atrociously expensive and poor at best. Good luck if you have already booked it; if you haven't then stay at the ALOFT instead. We checked out after 4 days in this bad dream and stayed our last 5 nights there. It was wonderful and is right by the TriMax and within a short walk of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
PWConnolly, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay, we appreciate all guest responses. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. Our staff has received numerous compliments and good reviews on Trip Advisor and from our Radisson surveys in the past few years and we continue to impress a majority of our guests. We believe our location is one of our best features, being off of the busy airstrip, backing up to a lake and golf course, allows our guests a more restful night sleep than the typical airport experience. This does result in a little bit of logistics in getting to the transportation area of TriMet and Max Lightrail, which is why our shuttle to Portland International Airport runs every half hour. Being an airport hotel, we recognize this is a vital part of our success, which is why the department is run by a manager with over 20 years of hotel transportation experience. Lakeside Bar and Grill also has received numerous compliments from our guests for quality of food and service. Again, we thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback; we use all feedback as an opportunity. If you have additional feedback you would like to share, we would love to hear directly from you, please contact me at (503) 251-2000. Best regards, Patrick Connolly, General Manager.
Saipan, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

This is a kinda laid back hotel. The rooms are nice and clean. The food in the restaurant was good but a little slow considering we were one of three tables. The ingredients were nice and fresh though. My complaints are that the acoustics are terrible. Somone opened their door in the middle of the night and I could have sworn it was ours and that someone was coming in. They also failed to check us out in the system and I was charged for three nights when we only stayed one. Our plans had changed so we left early. I informed the desk, she confirmed that I had no charges since I paid with a gift certificate and that was it...until I got the charge on my card. Word to the wise: "Always get a receipt." After a few days of "verifying" they did credit me. I'm guessing the housekeeping reports showed the room was not being stayed in. We were looking forward to the pool which has now been turned into a conference center. Boo.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

I stayed one night for a business trip. Got upgraded to the executive level so included a continental breakfast in their little executive area. The room was clean, the view was nice and the bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business