“Outstanding hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Roseburg, Oregon
“Outstanding hotel”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza while attending a conference at the Oregon Zoo. Check-in was super easy. The desk clerk even asked if I was a member of the Priority Club and gave me a certificate for free beverages in the restaurant because I am. The registration and social hour were in the hotel and the food was excellent. In order to use the elevator to get to our room we had to insert our room card into the elevator. I like this security measure. Rooms were very clean and quiet. No sounds of people walking around on the next floor! The hotel is only a short walk to the metro rail. All the hotel employees were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandi P
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate you acknowledging the friendly staff and pointing out the level of our room features and amenities that set us apart. Please let me know if I can in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Awesome stay at the Crown Plaza, late check-in was no problem, courteous & helpful staff, quiet, clean, & comfortable rooms. Great ammenties (i.e. 24 hour store for a late night snack, business center, etc..). Good location, close to light rail that goes do downtown area. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed in this same hotel a couple years ago and happened to be in Portland again this last week and decided to try them out again. The room was clean and modern. The staff was super friendly and helped locate some late eateries for me when I got in after midnight the first day of my arrival. The location is easy access to the light rail system which is super easy to use. This is definately my goto recommendation for anyone wanting to visit the Rose City.

1 Thank absullivan
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy that your second stay was even better than your first. We love when our guests have amazing stays! Please feel free to contact me directly at anytime in the future when you plan on being back Portland, we definitely enjoy being your go to hotel in Portland.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Crown Plaza. From the free shuttle, friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff, cleanness of the room, down to the daily water in the lobby - I wished all of my travels were this inviting and helpful. If I had to complain about only one thing it might would be the bar but heck everyone has a bad day. If you are traveling to downtown, its an easy walk to the rail. Great stay and would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed the hotels many amenities and great location. We look forward to your return visit and appreciate your recommendation.
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The best thing about the CP Convention Center has to be the staff. Nice job team - every request - forgotten toiletries, restaurant deliveries to hotel, local free shuttle or public transport directions, even suggestions on wines in the lounge - was answered enthusiastically. Very helpful group.

The room was comfortable and I liked the mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker that were provided. This made my week there feel a bit more like home. The bed was comfortable but the sheets and blankets were a bit scratchy (I find this to be the difference b/w a 3.5 and 4 or 5 star hotel - it always comes down to the sheets!).

Overall I had no issue with the hotel itself, but I did NOT enjoy the location. There just wasn't much to do within a walking distance like some of the other Portland hotels I've stayed at recently. Granted the shuttle and tri-max are close by, but I just enjoy the ability to stroll from my hotel a couple of blocks and enjoy the local eateries - just wasn't a possibility here...unless you count Wendy's, Subway or McDonald's local restaurants!

Again, the hotel was great, and I suppose if you are working at the convention center it would be a fine location - but I was there for a different reason, so wasn't all that great for my needs.

1 Thank winegirlSanFrancisco
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean and the room was just as nice as pictured on their website. You have to pay to park in the hotel's lot but there are a few metered spots directly in front of the main door if you get lucky. The hotel is very close to the tram/rail that takes you downtown (which also is close, but wouldn't recommend walking because it is a bit of a trek and over a bridge though I did see someone do it) and is also extremely close to the Rose Garden (walking distance). As far as getting to/from the airport, it is very easy and convenient. The hotel even has a shuttle to/from the airport. There are a couple computers you can use in the business center which is pretty much just an alcove with enough room to fit a couple computers and chairs. Also, WiFi is available and included in the room charge. I could see a fairly main street from my room's window but I didn't hear any noise. There is complimentary coffee in the lobby in the mornings and fruity water in the afternoons (cute touch, I thought). There is a single cup coffee maker in the room but ours didn't work. When I finally got around to telling the front desk, it was the day before we were checking out. I think they sent someone to look at it the next morning but because we checked out that day, I am not sure of the outcome. There is a small restaurant just off the lobby as well as a bar. The restaurant breakfast was tasty and a tad pricier than I expected but not outrageously so. The quality of the food made it justifiable. Overall, the hotel was very nice and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ragnlunatic
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and that you mentioned the free airport shuttle, unique to downtown hotels. As an alternative to walking we also have free bikes which are a fun alternative when visiting Portland; by the way we are the number one biking city in the USA. I look forward to passing along your comments about the restaurant as I am proud of what their food and service quality. Hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I took my familly just to get out of the house for our last getaway before school. There is a lot of places to choose from but I chose Crowne Plaza downtown Portland. 3 kids ages 2-7 so cleanlinesss is a must. WOW this place blew me away. I have traveled 260 days a year staying in hotels across the country so I have been in some dumps. Even under the lamps was clean. The beds were top notch and sheets were so comfortable. The pool was a 10 again plenty of towels and super clean. Staff was very friendly, all you have to do is ask and they brought it to your room. This place has a little store so you can buy snacks and milk ect. and talk to a person not just a vending machine. I never write reviews but this place blew me away. Thank you Crowne Plaza see you again soon!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Joining rooms if bring your family they are wonderful.