“Love the Convention Center Crowne Plaza!”

Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #45 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Bend, Oregon
“Love the Convention Center Crowne Plaza!”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I thoroughly enjoy staying the this hotel. I use to stay at the one in Lake Oswego but a few years ago I switched and couldn't be happier. This time I came for pleasure and it was great. Friendly, attentive staff, nice lounge with reasonably priced drinks. Love the hot tub too! Easy access to Lloyd's Center and downtown. Also great for concerts at the Rose Garden. Found no trouble with WiFi even with my iPad. Looking forward to coming back to the Crowne Plaza soon! Highly recommend!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lavabear60
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you for your great review. We are very proud that we have earned your return business, we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I helped coordinate my brother and his family's stay at the Crowne Plaza Portland. They usually stays in Hiltons, Marriotts, and Hyatts...and were willing to try the Crowne this time.

We were close to everything we wanted to do: strategically located between family, friends, downtown, and they loved walking to the regatta on the Willamette Sunday morning.
During this family time we found out that Grandma passed away, and that made the trip very stressful, and we had to adjsut our plans.
My sister-in-law was fighting a cold, is four months pregnant, and didn’t feel well…however, she enjoyed the bedding and comfort of the rooms. My 2 yr old nephew was out like a light in the dark, quiet rooms. I was out like a light too sleeping in the dark rooms, the mattresses are nice and comfortable. We also kept my nephews favorite foods in the fridge.
There were plenty of places closeby open to run late night and early morning errands (it helped while still on East Coast time, to have breakfast at 4 a.m).
When checking out some items were left on the room, and were promptly returned.
My mother coordinated dropping off and picking up a car seat with the front desk team, and everything worked out well...stress free.

Me and my family are so grateful that the hotel staff helped us coordinate our changing plans--their kindness helped a complicated situation go as smooth as possible.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PDXPalshy
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you very much for your great review. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. We are saddened to hear of your loss our thoughts are with you and your family. Please feel free to call on me if I can be of any assistance the next time you are in the Portland area.
Lakewood Pierce County, Washington
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My family and I were in Portland for a weekend bowling tournament so I choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza based on 2 things, the pool and the convenience of having an in house restaurant/lounge. I was pleased with everything, staff, rooms, pool you name it until it came to the food.I noticed how pricey it was when we looked at the menu (We spent over 100.00 for 4 of us) but assumed it would be worth it, my mistake. My husband had the fish and chips however there wasn't much fish to be found in the rock hard chunks of batter and his fries were so heavily salted he couldn't eat them. My son was excited to get the angel hair pasta bowl, which he expected to be huge based on the price, sadly it wasn't and he even said the angel hair pasta we make from the box has more flavor. I asked for a medium rare steak that came out medium well and my daughter's fries were too salty to eat as well. Over all it was just disappointing, however there was one redeeming dish and that was the Oregon Cheese Variety Plate. That was wonderful!

I wish I could evaluate the lounge for you but when I went down to the lounge to redeem our complimentary drink coupons it had closed early for some reason. I never did get to use them...

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jane B
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for your review; we value all feedback received. We regret that you did not bring these issues to our attention while you were here because we would have been happy to address them to your satisfaction. We strive to constantly make improvements to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you in the future.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 September 2012

if you need access to the internet don't stay here They continuously have problems with their wifi

the staff is great the room if comfortable but a hotel of this level should be able to provide consistent internet access

they have had problems with thier wifi for the 3 years i have been staying here for work

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank flybear38
Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review. I am sorry that the internet fell short of your expectations. Over the years we have invested heavily in order to provide a reliable internet signal and infrastructure. Generally the system works well and is satisfactory for general internet surfing. I hope that you will reply to the private message in order to address your situation and make it better in the future.
washington
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We came to Portland for the Vegfest convention. This hotel is in the perfect spot to walk to convention center. Easy on and off freeway. Everyone is very friendly and helpful at this Hotel. We arrived early 1130 am and did not expect to have our room ready but they were able to give us a room and allowed us to check in, which was nice before we walked to the convention. Beautiful room with comfortable bed and free Internet. Restaurants within walking range. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: we stayed on the 9th floor, nice view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sis0876
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza while attending a conference at the Oregon Zoo. Check-in was super easy. The desk clerk even asked if I was a member of the Priority Club and gave me a certificate for free beverages in the restaurant because I am. The registration and social hour were in the hotel and the food was excellent. In order to use the elevator to get to our room we had to insert our room card into the elevator. I like this security measure. Rooms were very clean and quiet. No sounds of people walking around on the next floor! The hotel is only a short walk to the metro rail. All the hotel employees were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandi P
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We appreciate you acknowledging the friendly staff and pointing out the level of our room features and amenities that set us apart. Please let me know if I can in the future.
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Awesome stay at the Crown Plaza, late check-in was no problem, courteous & helpful staff, quiet, clean, & comfortable rooms. Great ammenties (i.e. 24 hour store for a late night snack, business center, etc..). Good location, close to light rail that goes do downtown area. I'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.