“excellent place to stay”

Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #44 of 139 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Went to Portland for the Springsteen concert (FABULOUS) and decided to stay next to the rose arena- what a great to stay- its right off I-5, a few blocks from Lloyd Center shopping and walking distance to the arena. room was great, parking convenient only 15- liked the counter space in the bathroom. bed and pillows comfortable. happy hour fun . can't say enough good things. the breakfast buffet looked like a good deal- but we went down the street to starbucks. has a shuttle too if you need it.

Room Tip: enjoyed the upper levels because you can look out over the city
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and how close it was to "Easy Street". We are sorry that you did not enjoy the buffet because we would not want you " Running on Empty". Thanks for letting us be your "Home Town Hero".

Hope you enjoyed the concert.
Thank you!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
PHX
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Good Price, good deal, good hotel! A friendly helpful staff makes this hotel tops. They go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They even have bikes for guest usage. The airport shuttle is a great benefit too, no riding the met with all it's stops.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland Downtown and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Take care.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location years ago when it was a Holiday Inn but found out it changed to a higher class Crowne Plaza. The transformation is great! Much nicer rooms and the lobby looked wonderful! Nice service and loved their pool and hot tub. Fabulous stay once again!

• Stayed October 2012
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy that your second stay was even better than your first. We love when our guests have amazing stays! Please feel free to contact me directly at anytime in the future when you plan on visiting Portland, we definitely want to be your go to hotel in Portland.
Bend, Or and beyond
Reviewed 9 November 2012

It can be a little noisy near the freeway but there are great views from some rooms and it's close to everything. $15 to park your car on-site but there is plenty of parking on the street in for about $1/hour. You usually get 2 free drinks per room when you check in!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy that you have stayed with us on several occassions and that we have consistently provided good service. Please feel free to contact me directly at anytime in the future when you plan on being back in Portland. We want to be your hotel of choice all the time.

Take care.
Port Ludlow, Washington
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a very nice property that is close to everything. I you are going to Portland Oregon you owe yourself a trip to the Crowne Plaza at the Convention Center. You can walk to the Max trains that cover the entire area. It is a easy stroll over to Lloyd Center Mall and several restaurants if you don't feel like dinner in your room or in the hotel restaurants. But the best is the wonderful sleep in the king sized beds. Oh yeah. They have the best pillows. You're gonna love the sleep. Set the alarm if you need a wake up.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Portland.
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Maybe it was because I had a terrible experience with another hotel just before my stay at the Crowne Plaza, but I've never been so pleased with a hotel. The staff was super friendly, going out of their way to answer my questions and make sure I got where I needed to go. When I asked about a light rail route, they offered to call the shuttle for me so I didn't have to go out into the rain. The hotel is a bit dated on the outside, but the inside is lovely. My room was beautiful--a nice selection of coffees and a great view of downtown Portland. The bed was super comfortable, with plenty of pillows. The wifi was fast and consistent. A convenient little snack shop in the lobby was a godsend after my late flight.

The hotel is about a five-minute walk from a light rail stop (the train takes 10 minutes to downtown), just across the street from a streetcar stop (though I didn't use that) and within a short walk of several fast food/IHop-type restaurants. I've stayed at other Crowne Plazas, and this is one of the best.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 9ek9
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Great location, central to shopping at the Lloyd Center Mall or downtown. You can walk to the paths on the Willamette River, walk to the Convention Center and there are 3 Starbucks within walking distance. But why walk, when the hotel offers a shuttle service for destinations withing 5 miles. I had a salon appointment and the shuttle dropped me off right in front. Very friendly staff, the front desk folks, bar tenders, and restaurant staff were all great! The room was nice and clean and well laid out and they offer free WiFi. I had never considered Crowne Plaza before, but I absolutely will in the futur.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MrsOregon2009
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2012