Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
US$262
US$232
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$109
Dossier(Portland)
US$250
US$231
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrose gardenwithin a mile radiusfree shuttlerose quarteracross the riverfront desk stafflight railbreakfast buffetnice amenitiespool and hot tubself parkingcomfortable bedslloyd centershuttle servicehotel restaurantfew blocksairport shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Nice hotel. Got free upgrade at check-in. Lounge area was very nice. Pool was clean. The room was nice with good amenities. Unfortunately it was also extremely noisy! The old metal windows did nothing to block the street noise. It was like not having a window at all. The room seemed clean. However, finding someone else's old cracker on the floor was a little unsettling. The hotel and staff were nice, but I probably won't stay here again due to the noise issue. I couldn't sleep at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you found the staff great and enjoyed the amenities however I do want to apologize that you found the room being noisy. The rooms that overlook the river and downtown have a fantastic view and are quiet enough for all but sensitive sleepers. We will be sure to check the seal and also make sure the window is closing properly; remember we are happy to accommodate any request such as a location facing the east if you would prefer.
Thanks for staying and taking the time to comment and I hope you respond to my personal message.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

My wife and I came down to visit my son who is in college. Service was excellent. We were greeted nicely by the parking attendant and then by the the front office clerk, We even had a change to meet the GM Ziggy. Ziggy made us feel very welcome and important. Whenever I come to Portland the Crown Plaza will be my first choice.

We also ate breakfast in the restaurant. Food was good and service excellent. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Try the river view rooms. Worth the extra to see DT Portland and the river.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wborland
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. I enjoyed our chat and look forward to seeing you again. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.

Happy New Year.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed here while my husband was in ICU at OHSU and even though the reason for the stay was stressful, the stay at the hotel was quite nice. Whenever I came back in for the night they asked how my husband was recovering and if I needed anything. It was very nice to have staff who were concerned for us.
Jake, the bellhop, was so very helpful and brought my car to me while it was pouring buckets of rain. He was very pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you mentioning Jake who did a great job; we will ensure he is recognized. I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel and related services and I wish your husband a successful recovery. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.

Thank you!!

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Great hotel, great staff. Rooms are clean and presentable. I would recommend this hotel to friends and co-workers. Hotel is in a great location with easy freeway access and as well as a close walk to the light rail system.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for your review we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice before, approximately 1 year apart each time. I do like to try different places, but when I find one that is exceptional and centrally located, I will come back to it.

The rooms are very nicely appointed, with everything necessary for a very comfortable stay. Beds are the best, and I usually have difficulty with hotel beds (too soft, too hard), as I have back problems, so getting a good nights sleep can be an issue. Not so with the beds at the Crowne. I've always been able to sleep through the night.

Love the setup in the bathroom, I have only partial sight in one eye, so the addition of the swing out-lighted-dual magnifying mirror is perfect for applying makeup. (Where can I get one of those?!)

We always carry a small plug-in cooler with us to keep drinks cold on our travels, the refridgerator in the room was adequate, so between the two, we did fine with our cold foods.

I found the addition of the Keurig coffee maker very nice. I don't drink coffee myself, but my MIL does, and it was nice to be able to make just the one cup for her first of the morning. What I didn't know, was that they also have the tea, which is my drink, so I was able to make a fresh, hot (read:not nuked) cut of tea in the morning, which was a pleasant surprise. I always carry my own tea bags with me, so it was nice not to have to dig those out.

Maid service was very discreet, I always tip the housekeepers, I feel they are particularly deserving of the kudos for the service they provide.

My favorite was the restaurant. We upgraded so that we could utilize the continental breakfast, it wasn't necessary to use it, as with the upgrade, we were given gift cards entitling us to a free regular breakfast in the restaurant. The extra few dollars for the upgrade was well worth it, in my opinion. We had dinner the first night, and surprisingly, the same waiter served us who did a year earlier. What was even more surprising, was, he actually remembered us. My daughter hopped the streetcar from her dorm and met us in the restaurant for dinner, Octavio brought our appetizers and drinks, then kept an eye on us until she showed up and we could order the meal. He was very engaging and took very good care of us. He showed the same attention to detail 2 mornings later, when we went in for breakfast.

When we first stayed in 2009, there was no charge for parking, but in 2011 and then this visit, I was slightly bothered by the $15.00 nightly charge for parking. I've noticed this seems to be a trend with more of the 3+ star hotels, the only problem I have with it is, there is sometimes no disclosure at the time of booking that this is an extra charge.

All in all, I have always been very comfortable and treated very well at the Crowne Plaza Portland.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you pointing out the names of our staff members who did a great job. We will ensure they get recognized for this. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and related services. We love the fact that you have stayed with us on three previous occasions and that you appreciate our continuous improvements. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans we want to be your favorite hotel.