“BEAUTIFUL HOTEL AND FANTASTIC SERVICE.”

Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #53 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We LOVED this hotel. It is BEAUTIFUL. The rooms, lobby, staff, restaurant and pool were fantastic. It was family friendly. My seven year-old can't wait to go back. It was very convenient to get to places like the MODA Center and OMSI. It was a fantastic place to stay for a long weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. My team I hope you tell many friends and return often.
Thanks!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since 2009 for every trip I make to Portland. Every time I pull up to the hotel I am greeted with genuine welcomes from the valet's, front desk and everyone in between. This stay was no different, the room was spotless and well maintained and they have recently remodeled the restaurant. The food was wonderful and our service from Ted was great! He was really attentive to the kids which helped make dinner go smoothly. We missed breakfast because we had to leave early to get to the airport.

I can't wait to return and see the staff, I hear they have won a top award from IHG for customer service again. Keep up the great work CP Portland. You have a fan for life.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we have earned your repeat business. I also appreciate you mentioning Ted for the excellent service and attention he provided, I will be sure to recognize him. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to Portland, please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were returning from a trip to Southern California and stopped in one of our favourite cities, Portland, Oregon on our way home. We come to PDX regularly but have always stayed downtown, but for financial reasons we stayed on the more affordable east side of the river this time. We were pleasantly surprised with the Crown Plaza and found it to be beautifully renovated and very welcoming. The room we had on the 9th floor was really nice and had a great view of Mount St. Helens to the north. Very cool! The pool was nice, although the hot tub was out of commission while we were there. The check in was fast and courteous and we were even given a couple of free drink tickets for the bar. The best part was the proximity to the Portland trolley which was a block away and took us right downtown. It's nice to know we now have a new option when visiting one of our favourite cities!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Darren P
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your great review. We are very proud that you have given us the opportunity to host your return stay. Our staff will always do whatever It Takes to ensure your stay is great. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please let us know if you have any friends that want the same service you receive!! Thanks

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My visit was just overnight and I had an early flight so I didn't have time to explore the city. My room was nice, clean and plenty of room to spread out in. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Having a shuttle to the airport was really nice. It's always nice having a shuttle driver who you can communicate with and that adds that personal touch.

Room Tip: Being on the 6th floor provided a really nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank STEVEP395
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and appreciated our friendly service my staff and I aspire to deliver consistently. I hope you tell many friends and return often.
Thanks!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked this hotel via Priceline. It looked like a better property than the Marriott which is close by. The rooms are nice and large. Pretty much up to date and clean. The property is in the convention center area which is convenient for travelers attending events in that area. It is on the east side of the Willamette River which makes it convenient to the restaurants and cafes on the east side of Portland. Very easy to get in and out of by car. The restaurant looks small. We didn't eat there. The bar is small but the bartenders are great. Front desk staff and housekeeping staff are very helpful. I can't say that there are any downsides to this property and I would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: The hotel plan is in the shape of a triangle. Two of the sides face downtown Portland. if you want...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you had a good stay and hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed here because it advertised itself as the only property at the convention center with a shuttle from the airport. First surprise: "sorry, we're really busy, you'd be better off catching a cab unless you want to wait a while!" Fifty dollars later, we arrived at the hotel to be greeted with: "sorry, we're very busy and none of the three rooms you reserved are ready." By the time they were ready, the room types were mixed up, other requests were not met, though promised, and we took what we could get. The recurring theme was: "sorry, we're really busy!"
Rooms were dated with tiny bathrooms and high, uncomfortable beds. There was an annoying whine coming from the air-conditioning system in all our rooms. It was loud enough to affect sleep. The one significant problem I reported to the front desk was a bathtub that didn't drain, so I was up to my ankles in water during a shower. Yuck! Once reported, it was fixed immediately by the maintenance person. The busyness of the property didn't seem to affect the maintenance man negatively.
The final straw: all the room charges were incorrect. "Sorry, we're really busy!"

Room Tip: High rooms facing the river are quieter and have a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your visit fell short of your expectations. As you can see when reading our reviews we take great pride in our quality and service. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your arrival schedule and need for early check-in, generally we can complete any request within 30 minutes and will gladly check in any guest early if we have and can meet your room request. In order not to confuse our future guests I wanted to let them know that our mattresses are an extremely high quality Serta installed last winter. Our rooms are a more traditional style that features high grade Basset furniture, new wool carpets and our bathrooms are done in travertine tile and granite. I would encourage our guests to review our pictures because they accurately depict our product.
Thanks for staying and I hope you will consider us again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The room was very spacious. Clean sheets, towels, bathroom supples etc.
The staff was very polite and friendly.
The food was very good and quickly prepared.
I also received a free beverage (rum and coke!) which was very good- not watered down!
I was also upgraded even though I'd booked my room using my points!
Overall, very good!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel and friendly staff. I sincerely appreciate your comments and will enjoy sharing them with my team.
Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.