“Portland conference”

Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #53 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza during a recent conference. There was 8000 in attendance and we knew the hotel would be full! Even when it was full, check in was easy, the room was wonderful and they were attentive to our needs. I really liked the keurig coffee maker and nice amenities in the bathroom.
They provided shuttles to the conference center and any place within a 5 mile radius which helped so we didn't have to rely on public transportation as much. The concierge was wonderful and made our last outing fun!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and thought it was a great value. I appreciate you pointing out the many amenities we offer that makes our location unique.
Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
Thank you!!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I was at the hotel for 5 nights for a convention. The location is perfect for the convention center. It is an easy walk to the center but they also offer shuttle service.

The hotel is very clean. The lobby is nice and the gym is very comfortable. The breakfast buffet is excellent and if you book a stay, I suggest you book the breakfast rate with your rate as it will be cheaper.

The area is very safe to walk around and there are several restaurants in walking distance.

I was impressed with the hotel and will be staying there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We think our location is ideal for anyone who wants to have easy access to anything Portland has to offer. We are happy you enjoyed the many amenities that are complimentary and set us apart.
Thanks for staying and please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent last night at the hotel and really enjoyed our time. Check in was great--quick and we got the feeling that they really wanted us to enjoy our stay. Our room was great!!! So quiet, comfy bed, dark room with a great night light, keurig coffee maker, great pillows and nice decor. Wish we could have spent time in the hot tub and pool but just didn't have time. We met our NYC friend who was in Portland for a conference so we wanted to find something to do. The concierge, Shaye, was so helpful and finding us a great Peruvian Restaurant with music. She was even able to make reservations on late notice. Good fun. The next day we got a late check out and really enjoyed our morning. Will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. I look forward to personally recognizing Shae for her outstanding service.
Thanks for staying we hope you return often.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Spent a lot of time on Tripadvisor trying to find a quality hotel in Portland for a quick family trip. We finally settled on the this hotel because it wasn't Right in the middle of downtown, yet it wasn't more then 5 minutes away. We were particularly interested in getting a VERY CLEAN room that wasn't run down. We thought the Crowne Plaza would offer and exceptional hotel experience and so this is where we booked. ...........First impression when we drove up was that the Crowne Plaza misrepresented itself in the tripadvisor photos. It was much older looking and the parking lot didn't look secure at all. However, the Valet was a very pleasant young man, and that was reassuring. Then we got inside and our room was not ready, but they offered us a downgraded room that was ready. As we were tired, we accepted the downgrade. My only issue with this is that I still had to pay the same amount. Room was in fact very clean! Beds were comfortable. And the A/C heater worked! Dining staff was pleasant and food was good. Check out was easy and fast. Clean pool and work out room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. I look forward to recognizing the restaurant team for their outstanding service. I am sorry that your room type was not immediately available I will address the situation.
Thanks for staying we hope you return often.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The room was perfect, had everything thing I needed
The bed was very comfortable, never slept better.
The bathroom had great amenities.

lastly you don't see too many Hotels with an outdoor basketball hoop....nice.....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I'm glad you mentioned the sport court, and recognized the quality of amenities we offer. We love it when our guests enjoy their stay we you’re you return soon and tell many friends.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I travel frequently, actually, about 50% of my life is spent on the road, and of all the hotels I stay, the Crowne Plaza in the Rose district of Portland is my favorite. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure your comfort, the rooms are clean and updated, the restaurant and quality of food are exceptional. I am always impressed with the staff, they remember your name and any preferences you may have. This is a class act and I would recommend it to anyone. Close to transportation, shopping and of course there's the food in Portland, but that's another review...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors, the views are exceptional
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel its great location and friendly staff. I look forward to recognizing the restaurant team for their outstanding service. Currently we are ranked number 18 of the entire chain of Crowne Plaza Hotels in hotel overall satisfaction, I am so glad you can tell. My team I hope you tell many friends and return often.
Thanks!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel has recently been renovated and it was great. Rooms were nice and the staff was awesome. Max in the restaurant was especially helpful. He gave us some great tips on where to shop and always had a big smile for us. The front desk was really helpful. We got a complimentary shuttle ride in the morning to the market. When we were ready to come home, the desk staff gave us great directions. The hotel had everything we needed to have a great time. Right down to DVDs free to borrow. This hotel knows how to take care of its guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. My entire team is dedicated to providing excellent service, I am so glad it shows. I am especially proud that you recognized Max in the restaurant he is a true professional. I will enjoy sharing your review with Max.
Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your future travels.