Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, Oregon
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I just thought it was important to state I had a very nice stay at the Crowne Plaza recently. Overall it was very clean, comfortable and relaxing. I think it is a great value with close proximity to downtown Portland.

1 Thank kkayser11
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks for your great review. My team and I are pleased you had a great stay and we look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am a clutz with devices and when I got in after midnight I called because I could not work the coffee maker in my room or safe box or even the phone. Security had to come up twice and they were quick and kind about it. I was impressed.

Much better service than the Hilton , if you ask me.

And maybe I am biased because I always stay where there is an indoor pool and this Hotel has really nice one kept at that comfortably warm temp that i prefer. And they keep it open until 11 p.m. Why more hotels don't allow you to more time to swim is beyond me. Usually I have to rush to fit in my swim before dinner.

Also, the beds were very comfy. Room spotless.

Oh, and did I mention that there's a light rail a few blocks away that takes you right into downtown?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you mentioning that the staff was friendly and helpful; I will let them know they were recognized.
Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Located on the east bank of the Willamette River, this hotel is a nice location for anyone attending a sporting event, concert, or other event at the nearby Convention Center or Rose Garden. The luxury ambiance is not limited to the lobby. Our room felt equally clean, well-decorated, and upscale. I enjoyed extra features such as a refrigerator and Keurig machine in the room. Room service delivered right on time. Serving of French toast was generous in portion size and delicious.

I especially enjoyed dining at the in-hotel restaurant, The Palm Garden, on the ground floor. The food was great. Try the crab cakes! The wait staff was very attentive. Service from the kitchen was prompt. Excellent all around.

Note: This hotel is not actually in the core walk-around downtown area of Portland, despite its name. It's just across the river and close to the venues I mentioned earlier as well as the Lloyd Center shopping mall.

Room Tip: If you are able to get a room facing towards the Convention Center and downtown Portland, you will h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall and that you enjoyed the fridge and other amenities that are unique to the Crowne Plaza Portland. I also look forward to sharing your review with the restaurant team as they take great pride in their service delivery. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.
Chicago
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The staff is very friendly and I enjoyed chatting with a janitor and housekeeper while there. The room amenities are very nice - K-Cup coffee and tea, really great smelling soaps and shampoos. There are bikes available for use in the lobby and they sell Diet Coke in the little convenience store which is a huge plus to me. =-) The bed was very comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review; we value all feedback received. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and pointed out the many amenities that make us unique.
Thanks for staying we look forward to your return.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

On a recent family trip to Portland we stayed at the Crown Plaza. We were impressed with the location. The convention centre was very good for the function we attended. The room was a good size although the bathroom was a bit small. The pressure in the shower was very good. The one outstanding area was the hotels food. After arriving late, 11.30pm, we were able to get room service, that was very fast, fresh and well priced. Breakfast in the restaurant was also very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Portland downtown and the restaurant quality. My chef and the entire food team enjoy presenting high quality, often organic and always fresh offerings for our guests.
I look forward to sharing your review with the team.
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel went out of their way to help my company be successful in our meetings. They stepped up and helped in finding us a conf. room. The staff was great on driving us to dinner and picking us up. The breakfast was very good. The cruiser bikes and the basketball court was a great touch. ( I used both of them). Thanks again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review my team and I are pleased that we helped you facilitate a successful event. I look forward to sharing your review with my team.
Thanks for staying.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We just spent a long weekend in Portland and loved the city. So much to see and do. The Crowne Plaza was a nice hotel to stay. The location is not perfect (as in the heart of downtown) but it works well enough if you plan to use mass transit while visiting. It's an easy walk to the train or streetcar station to hop on board and go exploring, In this city, there is really no need for a car. (Definitely rent a car for a day to go to The Columbia River Gorge and Mt. Hood. This is a must do.) As a priority club member we were upgraded to a higher level floor. Not much a view but the gesture was thoughtful. The bed was comfortable and the room a nice size. Housekeeping thorough each day and really appreciate the Keurig in the room. No complaints on the room at all - fair price. Breakfast buffet seems expensive at $14.00 but it actually turned out to be a good value with beverages and taxes included. A final compliment should be offered to the staff. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit - thank you!

Room Tip: Did not have issues with street noise as some other reviews have mentioned.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim J
zlopuszynski, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you very much for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities and location so much. My team and I look forward to your return.