Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown Convention Center
US$293
US$248
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrose gardenwithin a mile radiusfree shuttlerose quarteracross the riverfront desk stafflight railbreakfast buffetnice amenitiespool and hot tubself parkingcomfortable bedslloyd centershuttle servicehotel restaurantfew blocksairport shuttle
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Hotel is OK - we didn't exploit the facilities much but the rooms were nice and plush (overly so, in fact), and the service seemed fine. The real downside was the location. The name claims "Downtown" but this is only barely true. Downtown is really across the river, and you can't walk there easily - it requires taking the tram. Admittedly, this is free and pretty efficient, but the name of the hotel is still misleading. I can see it's convienient for the convention center, but don't book this expecting to walk out of the door and be downtown - you won't be.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank andrewf11
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Short vacation stay with daughter as I am recovering from cancer surgery and radiation treatments. 11pm man saying hotel security banging on door I tried to call down to front desk to check and this person proceeded to shout out "Open your door now or a $150 to $200 fine will be added to your bill. I opened the door to a very angry and abusive male stating he was security and had witnessed my daughter and I hanging out the hotel window smoking. I was shocked and stated he must have the wrong room number as I do not smoke and our windows were never opened he became even more abusive and threatening so I asked him to wait while I called hotel management he told me "Listen Lady I tell you what to do you don't tell me" and stormed off. I called down to front desk to report this person for his unprofessional and aggressive behavior and the staff were not very helpful. I then called the next morning and reported this to hotel manager who was very apologetic and handled in a more professional manner but a free breakfast was only remedy offered. This security guard was obviously on the wrong floor but his behavior was extremely abusive and threatening and I felt the hotel staff did not deal with this in an appropriate manner the evening it happened. My daughter and I did not feel safe the rest of the evening and were both shaken by this bizarre experience. I would not return to this hotel again as it ruined our entire trip and a stress during cancer treatment I did not need.

• Stayed: September 2009
5  Thank Thistle6
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Stayed here for just one night.... It's OK.

We're frequent Starwood customers but also enjoy Hyatts and Marriotts. This is definitely a cut below most of those properties. I'd even recommend the Portland Hilton over this place.

It's funny how you never forget certain kinds of service failures, and I won't forget one that occurred here. A couple of women checked into the hotel in front of us - they politely requested a room with two beds. The rather snarly desk clerk told them that the hotel was absolutely booked and they had to take what was available - one bed.

We, on the other hand, also had no specific bed type booked and wanted one bed. I thought "great" we're getting one bed since the doubles are all taken. Wrong. We walked into our room to find two beds. So basically, I watched the front desk staff lie right to the face of the customer right before me. When I asked this clerk for a higher floor, since I'm a light sleeper, I got the same "sorry, we're booked" response. I'm sure that was a lie, too.

Room was OK. Beds we're pretty hard. It was clean.

Location is inconvenient for any Downtown Portland activities (which are across the river).

I once booked this hotel for a business meeting (I didn't stay but my employees did). Doubt we'll ever be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tigerlight206
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My elderly parents pre-paid for two nights. Even though they could not check-in on the first day, they forfeited the refund, as it was stipulated in the fine print. Upon arriving on the second day of their reservation, they were told that their entire reservation was cancelled. The front desk staff was rude and unaccomodating. I would never go back to this hotel and would not recommend anyone else staying here - unless you wanted to treated horribley (even if you have pre-paid the reservation).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank traveller2721
Reviewed 14 August 2009

We have stayed at this hotel twice and enjoy staying there. The rooms are clean and a good size and the staff are friendly and very helpful. It is in a great location for watching basketball at the Rose Garden Arena, shopping at the Lloyd Centre or travelling into downtown Portland. It is also easy to get to, straight off the highway. The pool and jacuzzi are spacious and nice to relax in. We have enjoyed our previous stays in this hotel and look forward to enjoying more stays there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family