“Excellent downtown stay”

Ranked #9 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Lacey, Washington
“Excellent downtown stay”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

As a Christmas present to ourselves, my wife and I spent a couple of nights here in late December. It met all of our expectations. Comfortable rooms in a perfect location with easy access to everything with free public transportation. Portland is a very people friendly city. The Dragonfish also has a good happy hour with $4 wine and $2 - $5 small plates. Best happy hour is at the Ring Fish House. Staff was friendly and helpful. If you don't need your car, parking is cheaper at the public parking lots. My only complaint is the hotel TV package which has no premium channels nor many of the channels we're used to at home.

Room Tip: Join the Coast Hotels to get best rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Happy Holidays tbierdz! Thank you for choosing us as part of your present. Hopefully this will be a new tradition and we will see you again next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed for eight nights in early December. Hotel staff are very attentive. Room was very nice with great amenities. Location could not have been better as most of our visit focused on Portland State Music activites. Hotel is in the heart of downtown and very convenient to MAX, streetcars and buses allowing quick access to many of Portland's fine stores, restaurants and services. Highly recommend this superbly managed hotel and its fine staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you for your review and compliments! Please come back and see us again soon.
New York, NY
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Stayed for three nights in December. It was very easy to get to the hotel from the airport on MAX - only a two block walk. Doormen were on hand to open the lobby doors, although they did not offer to help with bags (perhaps because I had a roller bag). Check in was welcoming and efficient. Room was standard size and well appointed with desk, lounge chair and ottoman, comfortable bed, dresser, flat screen TV, good lighting. Bathroom had good lighting and usual amenities. However, body wash, shampoo and conditioner were not provided in containers, but instead were in large pump dispensers inside the bath/shower, and were awkward to use. Housekeeping was thorough and efficient. Restaurant downstairs is an asian bistro, but it also served typical breakfast fare at not outrageous prices (notable exception: price of a cup of coffee was bloated) (if all you want is coffee, Starbucks is very close). All in all, a nice hotel providing good value. And the downtown location is terrific. Would be happy to stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank hrza04a
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Thank you for the review and comments hrza04a, they are appreciated!
Pendleton, OR
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My spouse has been working in Portland for several months and his company offers The Paramount as one of the many downtown locations in Portland. My spouse has been telling me how much he likes it here and after joining him here this week I know why. Staff is super nice and rooms are nice but the biggest surprise is how large the rooms are for a downtown property.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Thank you for your nice comments Oregonyo!
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Was put up here for business that I turned into a family vacation. The place is great. It is located downtown and you can get pretty much anywhere with-in walking distance. When we arrived I asked if we could get a top floor and the person at the front desk gave us the top floor. The room was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The only thing bad about the hotel is the $30.00 a day for parking and you are allowed to to come and go with that. Best bet it to park in the theater across the street if you are not wanting to pay that much and take the max where you need to go..

Room Tip: ask for a high floor because the noise from outside can be a little noisey.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Thank you for your review skurvy1! Hope to have you and your family back for another vacation soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. We were very happy with our room and package and the service attendants were very nice. The next day it came to our attention that we had not received some of our perks with our "sweets for your sweet" package. After talking with the front desk they not only gave us the forgotten part of our package, but also a free breakfast ($30 value), valet parking ($35 value), two mini bottles of champagne, AND sent us an appology letter with a free one night stay with a package included. They went above and beyond to make an already wonderful stay an incredible one. We are very excited to claim our free stay. The Paramount had excellent customer service, wonderful rooms, great location and food. I would recommend this place to anyone for a special occasion or just because!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Congratulations on your recent nuptials! Look forward to having you back with us soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 November 2011

For my second visit to Portland, I chose (for convenience sake) to stay at The Paramount. And am I thankful I did!
First of all, the location is absolutely fabulous. Right upfront is Director’s Park surrounded by many eateries and kitty-corner to Nia Headquarters where I was doing my Intensive.

I wearily checked-in close to midnight just off a Hawaiian Airlines flight from Honolulu and was warmly welcomed by the superb front desk staff (I think his name was Ed). Booking under a special Nia rate, I was amazed when I entered my Room 1404 and discovered I had been upgraded to a gorgeous Corner Executive Guest Room with a huge jetted tub (which I enjoyed on many a cold day outside). Mahalo for the thoughtful gesture! I couldn’t be happier with the room layout and amenities, lovely views from both windows and huge, firm bed!

Thoughout my stay, I interacted with the front desk on many occasions (safe deposit box, general inquiries etc) and each time the customer service was warm, genuine and attentive. The Concierge was also very helpful in suggesting places to dine and shop.

On my last evening at the hotel, a friend from Honolulu surprised me with sparkling wine and the room service staff was on the lookout for me to arrive back from my training to present me this lovely surprise. Wanting to celebrate with friends instead of in my room, wine glasses were promptly brought out in the lovely lobby area and the bubbly was enjoyed all around.

Thank you again for looking after me so well at your hotel. I will certainly return to the Paramount Portland in my future visits to your lovely city.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank happy2bealive
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
It was truly our pleasure and thank you for the wonderful review and photos, which I have shared with our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit Portland.