“Perfect "De-Compress" Trip”
Review of Paramount Hotel

Paramount Hotel
Ranked #7 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Wife and I wanted to get out of the Seattle area and spend some quiet time in Portland. Our first stay at the Paramount was excellent. Great room on the 8th floor and great staff. We had the corner Executive King. It was clean and quiet. There were no room noises from any room around us. The glass enclosed shower was great as was the jetted tub.

Room Tip: Love the corner King on the 8th floor. Park on the next block for $15.00 overnight.
1  Thank Carl J
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Thanks for the review usatran, hopefully this was only the first of many stays with us!

There are newer reviews for Paramount Hotel

Reviewed 17 December 2012

We live in a Portland suburb so almost never stay in a hotel in our own hometown. However, we knew it would be cold and rainy and wanted a nice place after dinner out for my husband's birthday. The Paramount Hotel was perfect. They even upgraded our room when I mentioned his birthday. There is a nice Asian bar and restaurant downstairs - we just had drinks. The room was spacious and the king-bed very comfortable. It was also a very quiet hotel and quite reasonably priced for the location. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Facing Director's Square is nice; we were on the 12th floor so it was quiet too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thanks for the review Connie M, hope to have you back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Paramount Hotel very much. The location is convenient on a quiet street with lots of stores and places to eat nearby. The hotel itself is quiet and the rooms are very comfortable. We had great interactions with the staff. We came in late and the valet was really helpful. I appreciate the fact that you won't be kept up by loud parties. I thought the room was a very good value for the money and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you wheatgrower, we appreciate the review!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

This is the first time staying at the Paramount. It was a lovely stay. The staff were all courteous. The room was quite comfortable and clean. And the location of the property was very convenient. Though older, it has a feeling of history.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Thanks for the wonderful review Stephanie R!

Reviewed 10 December 2012

During a recent stay (November 28th-29th, 2012) for business I was traveling alone and everyone I encountered at the Paramount was helpful and accomodating. The desk staff and concierge were both willing to give opinions and advice on where to eat, and I ended up choosing to dine in the lounge and not go out into the cold because of the late hour. There was a sushi roll with honey, shrimp and avocado that was to die for. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious with a great view of the park in front of the hotel. They have recently remodeled the rooms and the bathrooms are gorgeous. The pillows on the bed were great! The next day, after quickly checking out of the room and driving 10 miles towards my meeting, I realized I had left something in the room. (OK, it was the Voodoo Donuts I had heard so much about.) I called the front desk, and the attendant was so nice, she had the bellman go up and grab them and I picked them up later that afternoon, before my flight back to San Diego. Upon my return I spoke with the valet/doorman who was helpful with lots of advice and info about downtown, the area and walking, and just in general. I was able to park and walk for awhile downtown. Everyone there was easy to approach and seemed happy to work there. I felt right at home talking to any of them, and that meant a lot, especially being a woman on a trip alone. It was my second visit to the Paramount and if I'm back in Portland again, this won't be my last visit to this hotel; I will definitely come again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Ariana B, thank you for such the nice review! We look forward to having you stay with us again

Reviewed 6 December 2012

While the overall feel of the place is mid-range, three star, due to just average appointment of rooms and common areas, and perhaps aging just a bit, the large corner view room, and very comfortable bed and linens, are worth an extra star. I also very much appreciated the jacuzzi tub! The hotel is in a great location near pioneer square and train and trolly, lots of great food and drink options nearby, starting with right in the hotel lobby.

I heard just a bit of noise from room above, and just one garbage truck,, but it was not a major inconvenience. I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms upper floors have great views
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank john_northbay
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you for your review john_northbay!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

This is the second time we stayed at the Paramount Hotel in downtown Portland over the Thanksgiving holiday. It is the perfect location for shopping, short outings with the little one, walking around, and taking part of the city holiday festivities like T-day Macy's parade, and tree lighting in Pioneer square. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. Last year, I forgot some clothes in a drawer, I called to inquire and they still had them and were nice enought to ship them to me. The hotel offer valet parking but there is plenty of street parking around the hotel. One just has to keep in mind the new city rules for parking off the street.
All in all, it has consistenly a good experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thanks for the great review trouthousenogo, come back and see us again soon!