“Great location!”

Ranked #9 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel is perfectly located and convenient to public transportation. The room is spacious and the property is well kept. The free wifi is a nice bonus. I would definitely stay there again on future trips to Seattle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

excellent in every way. what a friendly and outgoing staff. they were of help when needed and answered all questions with a smile. I look forward for the restaurant to be open on my next trip as it's being remolded now. It's close to the rail and other restaurants within walking distance.

Green Features: love the pumps for the showers. this will save on plastic and wrappers for the soaps
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Portland_Paramount, General Manager at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you EdwardH, we appreciate your review and kind words!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great place to stay for a weekend out. Had a nice corner room with a view overlooking Directors park. Close to entertainment, restaurants, and public transportation. Staff was super friendly and answered all our questions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thanks for the review AimHigh32!
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here for one night on March 15th. The room was good. It was big and had a comfortable bed. The location was great. They only have valet parking but you really don't need your car so that didn't bother me (and it only cost me $1 it is usually $31). First let me say that Ed, the concierge, was excellent. He was super nice and really helpful! I wish I could say the same for the rest of the staff. There was a party in the room (and on the balcony) next to us that started at 2 am. At first I thought it was noise from the street but when I went out on our balcony I could see that the noise was coming from people on the balcony next to us. Someone must have called the front desk before I could and security came up. They quieted down for about 20 min and then it got noisy again. i called the front desk and let them know that the party was loud again. The front desk agent told me they had a "zero" policy for partying and that security would go give them a final warning. By this time it was 3:30 am. She was very apologetic and said that a manager would speak with us upon check out. It did stay quiet after that. Upon check out I mentioned the party/lack of sleep to which the staff person said "I was told they quieted right down". So I went on to tell her how the night progressed and she said to me "I think there are some discrepancies in your story". I was shocked. Like I was making it up? She knew there was a party on the 4th floor. She kept telling me she was told they quieted right down. I asked her if two trips by security would lend you to believe they quieted right down? I couldn't understand why she wanted to argue with me. When we asked about talking to the manager she said one wasn't available? It was probably the worst customer service at a hotel I had ever experienced. Good thing there are lots of hotels in downtown Portland to stay in because I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jamieonthego
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel for a night on a business trip to Portland. Room was large and clean, good workspace on the desk. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was large and well set for towels and toiletries. Staff was all very friendly and efficient. Parking is always a challenge, valet works well, but pricey. The hotel resteraunt is being redone with a new one opening in June. The hotel has gone above and beyond to minimize the impact, still offering room service, recommendations for local eateries, and even a voucher for the Starbucks next door in the morning. Great central location. A block from the Max, easy to get wherever you need to go. Two minor room downsides... TV remote batteries were dying, to much hassle to call for new, so I dealt with it. The heater/AC unit a bit noisy. Not bad, but not 5 star quiet either. Yes, I will stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was my third time staying here and thought it was about time I write a review, never had a bad experience. Easy to get around the city from and I always get a good night sleep. My only complaint was the asian restaurant but after trying the room service this last stay, i'm looking forward to the new one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Portland_Paramount, Director of Sales at Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you Vandercook3, we are very much looking forward to our new restaurant, Swank & Swine, too. See you next time!
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I loved the location of this hotel. There was a movie theater, a Starbucks, shopping, and great restaurants all within walking distance of this hotel.
We stayed in one of the corner king rooms which had views of Director's Park. The room was nice with a comfortable bed and the bathroom had a huge shower. I also loved the Bee Kind shampoo, conditioner, and soap that this hotel uses.
We enjoyed room service for breakfast in the morning, the meal was delicious and well presented. All the staff we encountered were friendly and professional.
We had a package deal that included valet parking for only $1. A great thing to take advantage of as it's normally $31 to valet park.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is in the heart of downtown it is a little noisy with traffic and "city noises...