Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Nw Downtown
US$262
US$232
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$250
US$231
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree parkingnob hillfree breakfastjack in the boxbelow groundpancake machinewalking distancealphabet districtyogurthotel is locatedeasy accessrestaurants and shoppingthe breakfast areahot tubwould stay here againquiet roomfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My daughter, two of her boys and I spent a Saturday night here while visiting another daughter who lives very near to this hotel. Everything met my expectations, but the swimming pool was the best. It was so warm.
This hotel is north of the downtown area. It was easy to park & there were restaurants within easy walking distance. The rooms were tasteful & well maintained & clean. I would definitely stay here again,
And did I mention how warm the water in the swimming pool was?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
TiffanyForni, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Nw Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! The indoor swimming pool is kept at a cozy 84 degrees and we are glad you enjoyed it! Both the hot tub and pool are salt water which is better for your skin and swim suits than the standard chlorinated pools. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for your review!

Reviewed 1 June 2011

I came here with my husband and 2 small children and had a great time. The location is great. Conveniently located off the highway but in a wonderful neighborhood. It is within walking distance to a child-friendly park and playground (15 minute), a streetcar for easy access to downtown ( 20 minute walk), and a plethora of restaurants, cafes, and shops along 23rd street.

The room and lobby were very clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff had great customer service. I had called earlier in the day to request a crib and it was in the room when I got there.

My family really enjoyed the breakfast. My one complaint about it was that the scrambled eggs tasted fake, and they had a lot of sugary starchy offerings. The pancake machine was very entertaining.

We thought the pool was a nice size for recreational swimming (although not long enough for lap swimming) and had warm water. I also liked that there was a microwave and fridge in the room. Overall, a good value and I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tourista01

First, we would like to thank you for your helpful review! We love to have guests take full advantage of our hotel's amenities and location. About the breakfast, we are sorry the eggs didn't satisfy. We do have less sugary options to chose from like hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and fruit. We try to be conscious of our guests dietary needs and provide different protein options throughout the week. Our signature cinnamon rolls have been one of the reason many people chose to stay with us so we will keep that sweet treat on the menu as we continue to improve our hotel in any way we can.

We are so happy that your family had a great time with us! We look forward to seeing you come back! Thanks again for your helpful review!

Reviewed 21 May 2011

This hotel is in a fantastic location, within a fantastic part of town. An easy stroll by historic homes, walking distance to dozens of restaurants and pubs, with Washington Park and amenities close by as well. A pleasant 30 minute walk or very convenient bus trip to downtown. Hotel amenities are on the higher end for a HI Express and the property is kept immaculately clean. Nearyby roadway (Vaughn) is a little loud in the morning but its a small sacrifice to make for the location.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the street
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! We appreciate all of the great things you had to say about us. That tip you left is a good one! Vaughn can be a busy street at times. Some of the rooms that we have are extremely quiet. If any of our future guests would like the quietest room in that area of Portland just let us know when you reserve or when you check in and we can accommodate your request. All of our rooms have the sound dissolving windows. We do our best to give you a great night's sleep that close to downtown.

Again, we appreciate your review and thank you for your time writing it! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 3x now, for an annual business conference in Portland. It's convenient, near the freeway, free parking, freeinterenet, free decent continental breakfast including eggs, meats, yogurts, etc. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. I agree with another reviewer that the elevator can be slow. But unless you're dealing luggage, just take the stairs. There's only like 4 floors and the stairs are quite easy! The rooms are clean and comfortable. I appreciate having a small fridge & microwave in the room. The fitness room is available 24x7 which is great too.

The neighborhood is really cute and there is ton within walking distance. Quite a few decent to really good restaurants, a nice co-op grocery store, cafes, a few shops, etc.

I'll be back next fall for another stay and hope to book this hotel for a 4th stay!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I like this location. It is just off of Nob Hill where there are plenty of restaurants to eat at. One tip is to get the list if you are planning to stay for a while in Portland.

The rooms are OK, but the elevator is slow. My toilet wasn't working and it never did get fixed during my stay. Not a deal breaker, because the room was pretty quiet. The high speed internet was OK.

Parking is a pain at this location, though not the worst I have seen.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
JenniferKeenen, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Nw Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I apologize for the toilet and elevator issues. On a monthly basis we have our Maintenance Engineers inspect all rooms and common areas to fix any issues. In March, we completed a six thousand dollar internet upgrade to our entire hotel. I would love to invite you back to our hotel to see the upgrades that we have completed. Please feel free to contact me to discuss any future stays.

Rosario Jukkala