“Never disappointing, great staff and location”

Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown
Ranked #54 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Vancouver, Canada
“Never disappointing, great staff and location”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great location, amazing staff, clean and comfortable rooms and welcoming breakfast.

Hats off to the person who does the hiring at your hotel, you have some of the nicest staff I have ever experienced especially the staff on duty late afternoon/evening on the 21st June.

Love your recycling program especially in the restaurant however I would suggest that your sign at the top matches the signs at the bottom in the restaurant,. There was lots of confusion as to where some things went and many things made it to the garbage that should have been recycled.

Will be back to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carrie A
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hi Carrie A

Thank you so much for your review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our staff and recycling program! We do hope that you will choose our hotel during your next visit to Portland, OR!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I respect the Holiday Inn Express brand, and this hotel exceeded my expectations. I arrived much earlier then the normal check-in time, but the front desk was very helpful to get me in my room without any issues.
My room review is just as good as the friendliness of the staff.
The room was spotless, bathroom is larger then most hotel rooms, bed felt brand new, and a good selection of pillows. The bathroom was a huge plus. I would normally have trouble with having hot water in other hotels, but here it was not an issue.
The TV was in HI-Def. with a full selection of channels provided by Directv, which included a few choices of movie networks,
My only issue was the same with most hotels. The sink was slow to drain.
Overall, I am very pleased with this hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hi MikeR

Thanks so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you had such a great stay here at the Holiday Inn Express. We do hope that you will choose us during your next visit in Portland, Or!
Little Rock, MS
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My stay here was a very pleasant one. The desk clerks ask me about setting up wake up calls before I had a chance to mention it. I was able to have a nice breakfast before I walked to work up the street. Also, it's close to 23rd where you can safely walk to eat, shop or just have a relaxing stroll. My room was very clean, up to date and the WI FI was faster than most I've stayed in. The view from the upstairs room that I had was nice to see the surroundings. My taxi for Friday morning was scheduled several days in advance and it was there as I asked. The employees there at the desk and the breakfast area always greeted you with a smile. I had a problem and the desk clerks went out of their way to help me and it wasn't hotel related issue. I will continue to stay here each time I travel to this area for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the streets could be noisy from street traffic if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hi there Karen H

Thanks so much for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Portland, OR!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. Had a large suite which was quiet and very comfortable. The hotel is immediately accessible to the highway system, but is also on the edge of an upscale neighborhood with several, good local restaurants a short walk down NW 23rd Ave. The breakfast was very good and the hotel staff were very accommodating. The parking area is a two story garage and there was ample available spaces. The hotel is clean and I believe the location is very safe. The only criticism is the elevator; it's very, very slow. By comparison to downtown hotels, this is an exceptional value. If you want to use public transportation, bus service is nearby. I found that driving downtown and parking was a simple task, and only about 15 mins. away. Probably the best value for a hotel in the vicinity of downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John S
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Hi John S

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Nob Hill district is definitely a wonderful neighborhood to be in, and we're happy to know that you think so as well! I do hope that you will choose us again during your next visit to Portland!
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about our stay. The room was wonderful, breakfast was good, free wifi. The best part is that this hotel is in the best location for everything in Portland. Walk up 2 blocks and you are in Nob Hill, a beautiful place where stores are in old heritage houses, great restaurants. The best part is you are within a 15 minute drive to the Zoo. You are within walking distance to the street car which will take you everywhere. I don't usually give recommendations, but had to this time hotel, staff and location is the best. Will recommend this to everyone who asks and will return to stay here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy M
Tiffany P, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hello Nancy M

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, and amenities. We are glad to know that you will stay with us again in the future. See you again soon!
Seattle
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Quiet - Clean - Good breakfast - Wonderful bed - Staff was very kind - Great location that is close to lots of great restaurants and sights. FREE PARKING! I was there for a one-night business trip and will definately stay there next month when I return to Portland.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Todd G
Hi Todd G

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again!
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here May 10 11 12 2014, the hotel is on Vaughn street and is in the NW district of Portland. The hotel is what you would expect, clean, quiet, and near the part of town you would like to be. There is a Marriott down closer to the action but it might be noisier down there. The breakfast is what you get in most US hotels some eggs sausages and " pancakes in a minute" we would stay here again with no issue.

Room Tip: We stayed on the south east side of the building. Heard a siren a couple of times and that was about...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrobson52
Hello mrobson52

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and will stay with us again in the future. See you again!