Staybridge Suites Portland Airport
US$194
US$172
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$195
US$358
US$348
  • Restaurant
All reviewsportland airportcomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenbedroom suitefree laundryseparate buildingyogurtsocial hourhome away from homelonger stayindoor poolan early flightwake up callshuttle driverpark and flythe breakfast areaeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Picked this hotel to stay in Portland for business/relaxing weekend. I shopped winter specials between RiverPlace and Benson Hotel but $21-33/night parking and no free wi-fi at RiverPlace at these places put me off and negated any savings, so I picked this hotel since it was located between a business meeting in Janzen Beach Sat and a visit to Grand Marketplace Sunday. Now mind you it's not as high end as the other hotels I was considering but for $95 a night we enjoyed extras you'd get at a $179+/night hotel including free hot breakfast every morning, free wifi, free parking without having to wait for in and out, separate bedroom living room kitchenette areas and more. Will have to visit again when it's warmer to try out the pool.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Terry M
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I'm so happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you with us again! You are always welcome here.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a one-bedroom suite. Price and Trip Advisor reviews made this a no-brainer. I was very happy with the stay, especially the on-call shuttle service to Cascade Station, restaurants, and the airport. All the rooms and services we used were exceptionally clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. To get to the indoor pool we had to go through the fitness room, walk across an outdoor courtyard and then into the pool area. Strange...but pool and spa were both very clean and enjoyable. Lots of choices with the included breakfast, but very crowded (it was a weekend) and we had to eat on our laps while sitting on a sofa in the breakfast room. Business center had computer and printer, and was easily accessed. Wi-Fi worked well in the room. Always so nice to have a beautiful, new kitchen. Free laundry! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MissMyGolden
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it!

I'm am very happy to hear that you had a good stay at my hotel and I hope you enjoyed your time in Portland.

I hope that we have the pleasure of having you with us again in the near future. We value you.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We've stayed here twice, a week apart, around Christmas. The first stay was a very nice experience. It was attractive because of the price for a one-bedroom suite. The complimentary breakfast was very good, hot scrambled eggs, ham, frest fruits, yogurt, hot oatmeal, etc. The room was well-equiped with a nice kitchen area.

A week later, same day of the week (Saturday) was like night and day. The hot dish items were some kind of egg product, biscuits, and gravy. Everything that should have been hot was cold (and this was only 25 minutes after the start of the breakfast period, about 8 AM). I had to take my plate of cold food to the kitchen and ask for it to be microwaved. I told the kitchen person that the food was cold, but she just shrugged. I later found out they did not turn on the warmers for the hot dish items. The coffee maker in the room did not have a lid, so the coffee maker didn't work, it has to have a lid to trip the flow from the brew basket into the pot, otherwise it overlfows. A new pot was delivered, but I wondered how housekeeping could overlook the missing lid when they serviced the room.

On both visits, I went to the eating area/lobby very early in the morning (6 AM) to do some work, but on both occassions the maintenance guy had the TV cranked up and was watching a movie, so that was distracting and annoying. Maybe they need a break room for staff. The lobby should be a place for guests, in my opinion.

All in all, I would be reluctant to stay here again. The lack of constency is a problem.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob F
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for bringing this to our attention again. We did receive the card that you initially filled out while you were staying here and we investigated this immediately. Prompt action has been taken on this matter.

Before you left our hotel, you spoke with our Front Office Manager and she awarded you 1000 IHG Rewards Points to your account.

I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Portland, OR. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I recently stayed here for 10 days and the best thing about this place is the staff. They really make you feel like this is your home and not just a hotel. They are truly amazing and genuine in their care and concern for the guests. I only wish the staff where I live was as good as this place. Every request was dealt with quickly and with genuine care and concern. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. It is especially nice to have a full kitchen, which really makes this place feel like a home and not a hotel room. High marks for cleanliness, linens, space, furniture, electronics and even the location of the outlets (several are at desk top height). The rooms are quiet and come with full length room darkening drapes, a real plus. If you are planning to stay in the Portland area you couldn't find a better place to stay. Special thanks to Sarah, Michael, Tara, Jason, Niki and the wonderful housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you very much for your review! It was such a pleasure having you with us and we were sad to see you leave.

Thank you for naming team members who stood out in your mind. I will be sure to pass along the nice comments and they will be rewarded for being recognized.

Thank you again! I hope we get the pleasure of having you with us in the near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Staybridge is an excellent place. They have units with separate bedroooms. This is very convenient for our family. Also the breakfast is really great and during the week there is also a buffet available. It is close to the airport and IKEA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you had an excellent stay, were able to partake in our breakfast, and did some shopping at Cascade Station.

I hope we get the pleasure of having you with us again soon. You always have a home here.