“Great property at a great value”

Staybridge Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #41 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great property at a great value”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I went to Portland for a long weekend and we brought our dog. We stayed at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport. We found our room to be very CLEAN and the staff welcoming. We had a one bedroom suite and it was more than big enough for the three of us. The only problem we had was with the dishwasher, but the staff called in a repairman who gave it his immediate attention. We couldn't be happier with this property and as long as they continue to provide us the same service at the same value, we will certainly be back. :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to hear you and your family had a wonderful stay!

I hope we get the pleasure of having you with again. You always have a home here.

Megan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here with my 3 kids, and dog, and the 2 bedroom suite is a must. It accommodated the 5 of us perfectly. The rooms were neat and clean, the staff was very welcoming, the breakfast was great, everything you could hope for. The only con was the girl making the breakfast, she was in a foul mood, maybe she wasn't a morning person. The pool was perfect for the kids, the pool is outdoor, but not a big deal. The laundry was free! How great is that?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the two bedroom suite!

I would love to talk with you more about your breakfast experience and to get more information so that I may address the issue. I will send you a message regarding this.

Thank you again for your review! I hope we get the pleasure of having you with us in the near future!

Mountain View, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here this past September when we made our annual trip to visit our daughter in Portland. It is located about 5 to 10 minutes from the airport. I chose it for our first and last nights because we arrived on a late night flight and departed on an early morning flight. The location was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I am accustomed to staying at Staybridge Suites from my travels around the country.

I like the separate bedroom from the living area and I like the full kitchen. It is also nice to have free Wi-Fi and free parking. They offer a nice spread for breakfast. The first morning they had Canadian bacon so I fixed me a couple of small sandwiches to go with my coffee. We enjoyed our stay here and we plan to stay again when we visit our daughter later this year. It more than met our needs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Razorfish
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad you were able to stay with us while you were in Portland!

I'm also glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our food amenities!

What a pleasure and honor to know that you and your family will be back later this year. We certainly look forward to it! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel has blown me away. It is located within 5 minutes of the airport. I stayed here in January for 2 nights. I choose the property because of late flight in and early flight out and the location was perfect. What I didn't expect was how nice the property was and more important, how freindly and customer service centric the entire staff was.

The breakfast bar offering was fairly simple, but everything was good quality. Oatmeal and add on's were very nice. Fruit tasted to be freshly cut up.

In the eveneing, they serve dinner and drinks on the nights I was there. The hotal manager was there engaing the customers. I stepped out for an hour and when I came back, the dinner room was full of customers with general fun going on.

I definitely would stay at this hotel again and will stay at Staybridge in the future in other cities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary L
Thank you very much for your review. I am so happy you had such a nice stay!

I am happy that you were able to enjoy our breakfast in the mornings and our evening Social. We love the we have the ability to feed our guests and spend time with you. (And, you are right, we do have sliced fresh fruit)!

I hope that we get the pleasure of having you with us again soon. We value you and look forward to seeing you again.

Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Picked this hotel to stay in Portland for business/relaxing weekend. I shopped winter specials between RiverPlace and Benson Hotel but $21-33/night parking and no free wi-fi at RiverPlace at these places put me off and negated any savings, so I picked this hotel since it was located between a business meeting in Janzen Beach Sat and a visit to Grand Marketplace Sunday. Now mind you it's not as high end as the other hotels I was considering but for $95 a night we enjoyed extras you'd get at a $179+/night hotel including free hot breakfast every morning, free wifi, free parking without having to wait for in and out, separate bedroom living room kitchenette areas and more. Will have to visit again when it's warmer to try out the pool.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Terry M
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I'm so happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having you with us again! You are always welcome here.

Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a one-bedroom suite. Price and Trip Advisor reviews made this a no-brainer. I was very happy with the stay, especially the on-call shuttle service to Cascade Station, restaurants, and the airport. All the rooms and services we used were exceptionally clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. To get to the indoor pool we had to go through the fitness room, walk across an outdoor courtyard and then into the pool area. Strange...but pool and spa were both very clean and enjoyable. Lots of choices with the included breakfast, but very crowded (it was a weekend) and we had to eat on our laps while sitting on a sofa in the breakfast room. Business center had computer and printer, and was easily accessed. Wi-Fi worked well in the room. Always so nice to have a beautiful, new kitchen. Free laundry! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MissMyGolden
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it!

I'm am very happy to hear that you had a good stay at my hotel and I hope you enjoyed your time in Portland.

I hope that we have the pleasure of having you with us again in the near future. We value you.

Toledo, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We've stayed here twice, a week apart, around Christmas. The first stay was a very nice experience. It was attractive because of the price for a one-bedroom suite. The complimentary breakfast was very good, hot scrambled eggs, ham, frest fruits, yogurt, hot oatmeal, etc. The room was well-equiped with a nice kitchen area.

A week later, same day of the week (Saturday) was like night and day. The hot dish items were some kind of egg product, biscuits, and gravy. Everything that should have been hot was cold (and this was only 25 minutes after the start of the breakfast period, about 8 AM). I had to take my plate of cold food to the kitchen and ask for it to be microwaved. I told the kitchen person that the food was cold, but she just shrugged. I later found out they did not turn on the warmers for the hot dish items. The coffee maker in the room did not have a lid, so the coffee maker didn't work, it has to have a lid to trip the flow from the brew basket into the pot, otherwise it overlfows. A new pot was delivered, but I wondered how housekeeping could overlook the missing lid when they serviced the room.

On both visits, I went to the eating area/lobby very early in the morning (6 AM) to do some work, but on both occassions the maintenance guy had the TV cranked up and was watching a movie, so that was distracting and annoying. Maybe they need a break room for staff. The lobby should be a place for guests, in my opinion.

All in all, I would be reluctant to stay here again. The lack of constency is a problem.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob F
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for bringing this to our attention again. We did receive the card that you initially filled out while you were staying here and we investigated this immediately. Prompt action has been taken on this matter.

Before you left our hotel, you spoke with our Front Office Manager and she awarded you 1000 IHG Rewards Points to your account.

I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Portland, OR. Thank you for your review.