“Noisy - Cold watery breakfast- dogs in breakfast area- Still good stay”

Staybridge Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #40 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location-Shuttle to the airport and metro station. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to the city center. There is a big shopping center with some restaurants and many chain stores including a Target with supermarket at the metro station.
Reception- Very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast –The eggs and tortillas were a nice change, unfortunately they were cold and watery. The rest was the normal continental Holiday Inn fare. This state loves dogs and there doesn’t seem to be any health regulations regarding pets all over the breakfast serving area. I like animals but pet dander in my food is not appetizing.
Room-Very clean but it feels a bit awkward for a suite in the bedroom bathroom area. It has a second TV in the living room, but the bathroom is through the bedroom so you have to bother the other person all the time.
Light for reading –Good
Bed –We had a 2 bed queen and the mattress was comfortable
Air Conditioning-Loud!
Wi-Fi-Good
TV-2 good size modern TV’s
Refrigerator-Large a bit noisy
Room for bags-Plenty if awkward since there is no place in the bedroom for them so they have to be in the living area.
Tea Kettle or coffee maker-Yes
Bathroom-Good size inside the bedroom area
Shower pressure-Good
Cloths line-No
Safety bar in bathroom-Not really there is a little bar inside the shower.
Towels-Nice, very clean.
Amenities-Normal Holiday Inn
Hair dryer-Good power
Full length mirror-Yes
Makeup mirror-No
Parking-Free
Laundry-Self Serve
Iron and ironing board-Yes
Complimentary bottle water-Yes or points
Plugs-Plenty

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Starviagera
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! It means so much to us to receive these. As a team, we are always looking for ways to provide the best service and make our guests comfortable.

I am so happy to hear the reception was friendly and helpful.

The comment regarding breakfast is being addressed.

We love dogs very much, however, having dogs in the food area is not acceptable (unless it is a service animal). This was noticed by our Team and we addressed it. It has not happened since.

Thank you for the comments regarding the sleeping room and set up.

Thank you again! We hope we have the pleasure of having you with us again. You always have a home here!

Megan Black

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are no strangers to hotels as she is in the Guard and we travel a lot. This is by far one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. The staff is WONDERFUL and kind. They have 1 dollar movie rentals which I think is great. The food is good as is the atmosphere. We love this place and will stay here every time we are in Portland.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mediccody27

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We greatly appreciate it!

We are so happy to hear that you and your wife had such a great time here! It warms our hearts. :-)

Every time we receive a review, we go over the review with our team as we are always looking to do our very best to serve our wonderful guests.

We look forward to having you with us again. You are always welcome here. Thank you again!

Megan Black

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at Staybridge Suites - Portland Airport - based on recent reviews and they did not disappoint. The hotel is beautiful on the outside. I was excited about our stay from the minute we arrived (5/17/14 - 5/20/14). Check in went smooth. Our room (332) was neat and clean. The bed was comfy. I am a light sleeper so I was worried about noise. No issues there. We arrived on a Saturday and the place was quiet. I had no issues any of the nights we were there.
The staff at the reception desk greeted us as we came and went daily. They offered us an umbrella to use on a rainy day (which we used - a lot) and they seemed genuinely caring.
Our stay was great. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to be in Portland, especially if you don't mind being away from the downtown, where it is less hectic and quiet.

Room Tip: Top floor = 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2BadgerFans
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We do genuinely care about you and it warms our hearts to know that you slept well, enjoyed your stay, and enjoyed the hotel/our team, and had fun in Portland (even though it was raining).

We would love to have you with us again. You always have a home here.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My favorite hotels are those that are set up like an apartment. Okay, my favorite hotels are those that are clean and have a comfortable bed, but I really love having a separate bedroom and a little kitchen, too. This is especially true for any stay of 2+ nights. We were attending a conference in Vancouver, so we stayed for five nights, and we loved the Staybridge. Separate bedroom, full kitchen (stovetop only, no oven, but pots, dinnerware, coffee pot, knives/cutting board, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, and full sized fridge w/freezer/icemaker) plus full breakfast buffet every day and dinners offered on weeknights. We didn't get to have dinner, but my husband said the breakfast was good. The room was spotless when we checked in. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The price-for this room size and amenities-was extremely reasonable. Although our conference was in Vancouver, the Portland Staybridge was closer than the one in Vancouver. In addition, we could've walked to IKEA if we didn't need our car to load all the stuff we bought! I read complaints about airport noise, and I heard airplanes overhead, but it was not loud enough to keep either of us from falling/staying asleep. Not only would we stay here again, we're trying to figure out how to justify another trip to Portland so we can!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Heidi G

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay (and you were reverse commuting to and from the meeting which is awesome!!!)

Please come stay with us again. We would love to have you!!! You are always welcome here.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I must say I walked in this place with pretty high expectations, and let me say, I have not been let down. This stay here has been excellent from the time I checked in. The only flaw that I've seen is that they are replacing the bottom moldings in the hallway of the third floor. There has been no noise or any kind of dis-pleasantries from this other than it's not the prettiest thing. Did not bother me whatsoever. The breakfast they offer is no less satisfactory than any other breakfast I've had offered at a hotel of this caliber. The dinner (with beer and wine included) was an excellent addition to my stay and was a big factor in my choosing to stay. They offered a variety of wines, and Bud Light as well as Hefenweizen (great local beer) on tap. It's very quiet and relaxing, the staff is excellent and very accommodating, and rooms feel rather upscale and comfortable for the price you pay. The location is great too; you can take the public transportation right into the city so having a rental is only necessary if you want to leave the city. I would absolutely stay again, and I recommend this hotel to all with the high regard. You will not be disappointed!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank tfro33
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you very much for your review! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It was certainly a pleasure having you with us!

I hope we get the pleasure of having you visit us again in the near future. You always have a home here.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites Portland area with a friend of mine. We found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and the beds were also. The breakfast was suitable and easy for a quick bite before venturing out and the Jacuzzi was relaxing after a day of sightseeing. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm so happy to hear that you had a nice stay.

We hope we have the pleasure of having you with us in the near future!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel is comfortable, has great service and a good breakfast. There is some aircraft noise, but not so much as to prevent sleep. Please be aware that rush hour traffic in this area can be a real problem.... give yourself extra time to get to your destination.
I enjoyed my two stays at this property, would stay here again, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheDocIsOut
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again. You are always welcome here.

Until we meet again,