“Nice Stay”

Ranked #41 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Ogden, Utah
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for a week and it was a pretty good stay. The room was very clean. they do need to change out the pillow cases they look a little yellow. the internet is fairly good with wifi and excellent with a ethernet connection. The staff was pretty good and the Guy on the evening shift was excellent and great on the grill. there evening social is pretty good. the outside grounds are clean. overall i would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for writing a review! We love to hear what you have to say!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our evening Social. (BBQ night is always a great night!)

Thank you for informing me about the pillow cases. We are working on this right away.

I hope I get the pleasure of meeting you the next time you are with us. You are always welcome here!

Megan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We just spent one night at this hotel and the reception desk couldn't be nicer. They went out of their way to answer our questions. Upon check out, we climbed in to their airport shuttle van. My husband asked me if I had his wallet. Of course, I didn't so panic set in. The girl driving the van waited while we went back in the room to look for it. While we were looking, she drove to the McDonalds that's nearby since we had picked up food their the night before. It wasn't there either. The only other place it could be was at the car rental agency. She cheerfully drove us to Budget and lo and behold, it was in the glove box! We were really relieved since you can't board a plane without ID. Course we were very late getting to the airport and lost our priority seating. Two center seats at the back of the plane and we were our way.

I am a travel agent so have stayed in many hotels along the way. I would highly recommend staying at this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. Phew! Losing one's wallet can be very scary. I am so sorry that you had to go through this, but I am so happy that we were able to help you.

I will ensure that these lovely comments are reviewed with our Front Desk Team. We are so proud of the people we having working with us. I know it will make their day to read these comments.

Thank you again! I'm glad you made it home safely.

Evansville
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The excellent rating is for the people who ran the front desk were fantastic. They cheerfully answered every question we had and were more than happy to run us around the area in the shuttle, including to pick us up at the car return. Unfortunately, I don't have names but there were at least three young women and one young man who probably don't make enough money for the pleasant face they put on this hotel.

The breakfast was nearly average and I really think they need to replace the chairs in the dining area. They were filthy and each morning of our four-night stay I tried to find one that I wanted to sit in.

I think the walls are a little thin. We heard a lot of noise from above and to the sides. I was there on vacation so I wasn't worried about a great night's sleep. It would be an issue if I was there to work and needed my rest.

The room was clean and well-appointed. We also liked the cookies they shared in the lobby.

Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: I think I would request the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Also, thank you for the very kind words regarding our Front Desk Team. They are lovely people and we are proud to have them on our Team. I will ensure that they see this comment. It will make their day!

Also, thank you for your comment regarding the chairs. This has been discussed with the management team and a very thorough inspection is being completed on each of the chairs.

Thank you again! I hope we have the pleasure of having you with us again soon. You are always welcome here.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location-Shuttle to the airport and metro station. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to the city center. There is a big shopping center with some restaurants and many chain stores including a Target with supermarket at the metro station.
Reception- Very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast –The eggs and tortillas were a nice change, unfortunately they were cold and watery. The rest was the normal continental Holiday Inn fare. This state loves dogs and there doesn’t seem to be any health regulations regarding pets all over the breakfast serving area. I like animals but pet dander in my food is not appetizing.
Room-Very clean but it feels a bit awkward for a suite in the bedroom bathroom area. It has a second TV in the living room, but the bathroom is through the bedroom so you have to bother the other person all the time.
Light for reading –Good
Bed –We had a 2 bed queen and the mattress was comfortable
Air Conditioning-Loud!
Wi-Fi-Good
TV-2 good size modern TV’s
Refrigerator-Large a bit noisy
Room for bags-Plenty if awkward since there is no place in the bedroom for them so they have to be in the living area.
Tea Kettle or coffee maker-Yes
Bathroom-Good size inside the bedroom area
Shower pressure-Good
Cloths line-No
Safety bar in bathroom-Not really there is a little bar inside the shower.
Towels-Nice, very clean.
Amenities-Normal Holiday Inn
Hair dryer-Good power
Full length mirror-Yes
Makeup mirror-No
Parking-Free
Laundry-Self Serve
Iron and ironing board-Yes
Complimentary bottle water-Yes or points
Plugs-Plenty

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Starviagera
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! It means so much to us to receive these. As a team, we are always looking for ways to provide the best service and make our guests comfortable.

I am so happy to hear the reception was friendly and helpful.

The comment regarding breakfast is being addressed.

We love dogs very much, however, having dogs in the food area is not acceptable (unless it is a service animal). This was noticed by our Team and we addressed it. It has not happened since.

Thank you for the comments regarding the sleeping room and set up.

Thank you again! We hope we have the pleasure of having you with us again. You always have a home here!

Megan Black
Hamlin Ny
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are no strangers to hotels as she is in the Guard and we travel a lot. This is by far one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. The staff is WONDERFUL and kind. They have 1 dollar movie rentals which I think is great. The food is good as is the atmosphere. We love this place and will stay here every time we are in Portland.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mediccody27
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We greatly appreciate it!

We are so happy to hear that you and your wife had such a great time here! It warms our hearts. :-)

Every time we receive a review, we go over the review with our team as we are always looking to do our very best to serve our wonderful guests.

We look forward to having you with us again. You are always welcome here. Thank you again!

Megan Black
Eldorado, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at Staybridge Suites - Portland Airport - based on recent reviews and they did not disappoint. The hotel is beautiful on the outside. I was excited about our stay from the minute we arrived (5/17/14 - 5/20/14). Check in went smooth. Our room (332) was neat and clean. The bed was comfy. I am a light sleeper so I was worried about noise. No issues there. We arrived on a Saturday and the place was quiet. I had no issues any of the nights we were there.
The staff at the reception desk greeted us as we came and went daily. They offered us an umbrella to use on a rainy day (which we used - a lot) and they seemed genuinely caring.
Our stay was great. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who is going to be in Portland, especially if you don't mind being away from the downtown, where it is less hectic and quiet.

Room Tip: Top floor = 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2BadgerFans
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We do genuinely care about you and it warms our hearts to know that you slept well, enjoyed your stay, and enjoyed the hotel/our team, and had fun in Portland (even though it was raining).

We would love to have you with us again. You always have a home here.

Director of Sales
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My favorite hotels are those that are set up like an apartment. Okay, my favorite hotels are those that are clean and have a comfortable bed, but I really love having a separate bedroom and a little kitchen, too. This is especially true for any stay of 2+ nights. We were attending a conference in Vancouver, so we stayed for five nights, and we loved the Staybridge. Separate bedroom, full kitchen (stovetop only, no oven, but pots, dinnerware, coffee pot, knives/cutting board, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, and full sized fridge w/freezer/icemaker) plus full breakfast buffet every day and dinners offered on weeknights. We didn't get to have dinner, but my husband said the breakfast was good. The room was spotless when we checked in. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The price-for this room size and amenities-was extremely reasonable. Although our conference was in Vancouver, the Portland Staybridge was closer than the one in Vancouver. In addition, we could've walked to IKEA if we didn't need our car to load all the stuff we bought! I read complaints about airport noise, and I heard airplanes overhead, but it was not loud enough to keep either of us from falling/staying asleep. Not only would we stay here again, we're trying to figure out how to justify another trip to Portland so we can!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Heidi G
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay (and you were reverse commuting to and from the meeting which is awesome!!!)

Please come stay with us again. We would love to have you!!! You are always welcome here.

Director of Sales