“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Ames, Iowa
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staybridges have always been good places for me to stay overall and this time was no exception. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly. The hotel did warn us about an increase in theft in the area…which was nice to know about as well. Overall, we had a good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you had a great stay at our hotel. I hope we have the pleasure of having you with us again soon

Megan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Bold Springs, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This is an extended stay hotel we were not aware of this when we booked room. The beds were full not queen. There were other guests who obviously are staying for a long, long , long time. The halls were blast furnace hot smelled of take out. Location very convenient to airport.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank thangool
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We take great pride in our Hotel and appreciate that you took the time to write a response.

I am sorry you didn’t realize Staybridge Suites is an extended stay hotel when you booked with us. While we are an extended stay hotel, we do have guests that stay with us for just a night or two as well. Do you remember how you booked your sleeping room? Our website and many other hotel booking avenues have us listed as an extended stay hotel which also caters to short term travel. Please let me know how you booked your reservation so that I may check our hotel description.

We have three different bed sizes at the hotel: Queen Beds, Double Beds, and King Beds and they are the standard bed sizing for each bed type.

It is possible that a guest had takeout and walk down the hallway shortly before you arrived and I am sorry that the hallways were hot.

Thank you again for your review. We hope we have the pleasure of having you with us again

Shamokin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. We stayed for one night but kept saying we wished we could stay for more. We had a two bedroom suite that easily held 4 adults and 3 teenagers. The bedrooms each had their own bathroom and were private. Although we didn't use the kitchen it would be great for those staying longer. Hotel was kept very clean and front desk staff was friendly. There is a indoor pool however we did not use that. The breakfast was your average continental breakfast. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and didn't want to leave! We hope that you are able to stay with us again in the near future. You are always welcome here and we would be delighted to have you.

Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a great stay here. I enjoyed the roomy accommodations and the pool and hot tub are delightful. Pros obviously include the location and proximity to the airport. Cons include the fact that there is no restaurant or room service, so you'll need to cook food in your kitchen or go out to eat. Breakfast, of course, is provided in the free buffet :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tony B
Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy our pool, hot tub, and breakfast!

If guests are here on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening, we do provide a light dinner with beer/wine/soft drinks from 5:30-7:30. We also have a shuttle to take our guests within a 3 mile radius of the Hotel.

Thank you again and I hope our paths cross in the near future. You always have a home here!
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for a week and it was a pretty good stay. The room was very clean. they do need to change out the pillow cases they look a little yellow. the internet is fairly good with wifi and excellent with a ethernet connection. The staff was pretty good and the Guy on the evening shift was excellent and great on the grill. there evening social is pretty good. the outside grounds are clean. overall i would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for writing a review! We love to hear what you have to say!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our evening Social. (BBQ night is always a great night!)

Thank you for informing me about the pillow cases. We are working on this right away.

I hope I get the pleasure of meeting you the next time you are with us. You are always welcome here!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We just spent one night at this hotel and the reception desk couldn't be nicer. They went out of their way to answer our questions. Upon check out, we climbed in to their airport shuttle van. My husband asked me if I had his wallet. Of course, I didn't so panic set in. The girl driving the van waited while we went back in the room to look for it. While we were looking, she drove to the McDonalds that's nearby since we had picked up food their the night before. It wasn't there either. The only other place it could be was at the car rental agency. She cheerfully drove us to Budget and lo and behold, it was in the glove box! We were really relieved since you can't board a plane without ID. Course we were very late getting to the airport and lost our priority seating. Two center seats at the back of the plane and we were our way.

I am a travel agent so have stayed in many hotels along the way. I would highly recommend staying at this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. Phew! Losing one's wallet can be very scary. I am so sorry that you had to go through this, but I am so happy that we were able to help you.

I will ensure that these lovely comments are reviewed with our Front Desk Team. We are so proud of the people we having working with us. I know it will make their day to read these comments.

Thank you again! I'm glad you made it home safely.

Evansville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The excellent rating is for the people who ran the front desk were fantastic. They cheerfully answered every question we had and were more than happy to run us around the area in the shuttle, including to pick us up at the car return. Unfortunately, I don't have names but there were at least three young women and one young man who probably don't make enough money for the pleasant face they put on this hotel.

The breakfast was nearly average and I really think they need to replace the chairs in the dining area. They were filthy and each morning of our four-night stay I tried to find one that I wanted to sit in.

I think the walls are a little thin. We heard a lot of noise from above and to the sides. I was there on vacation so I wasn't worried about a great night's sleep. It would be an issue if I was there to work and needed my rest.

The room was clean and well-appointed. We also liked the cookies they shared in the lobby.

Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: I think I would request the top floor.