“more than meet my needs”

Staybridge Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #39 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Pittsburg, Texas
“more than meet my needs”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

For a family vacation to Hawaii we wanted to break it up with a layover in Portland to help our jetlag. Wonderful on time shuttle service plus shuttle to any eating place within 3 miles of hotel. The suite was perfect for us with 1 bedroom with king bed for my son and daughter and another bedroom in the suite with 2 double beds for myself & 2 granddaughters. They made breakfast bags for us as we left too early in the morning to enjoy the breakfast buffet. They only thing I could say they could improve on is to update the carpet. They were very accommodating to provide polyester pillows as my granddaughter is allergic to feather pillows.

Room Tip: Our room was 102 which was very quiet. We ate at Shari"s as it was good choice for the family...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. What a treat for us that you chose to stay with us during your family vacation.

We hope you enjoyed Portland, OR and your time in Hawaii.

We hope we get the opportunity of having you with us again in the future.

Megan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The suite was large, quiet, and clean. Service was good. Our shuttle to the airport the next morning was prompt. Tara, our shuttle driver, was sweet and professional. The wake up call was 10 minutes late, but I was up anyway. All I expect from an airport hotel is clean with decent service. This place delivered that. For the reviewer who commented on noise, I am a very light sleeper and requested a quiet room. They put us on the top floor at the end of the hall, and I had no trouble sleeping.

1 Thank travelPAUSA
Thank you for writing a review regarding my Hotel! I am happy to hear that you had a nice and quiet stay and that we met your needs.

I see that you were happy with your stay, but you gave us 3 our of 5 stars. What could we have done to receive 5 stars from your? Please message me at: mblack@vhosp.com and then I will award you 1000 IHG Rewards Points for letting me know how we could have gone above and beyond for you.

Thank you again! I hope we get the opportunity of having you with us again soon
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice, quiet location. Ample parking. Checking in was quick and standard. The room is big enough, but the AC is a little loud and can wake you up at night if it turns on or off suddenly. The carpet in the hallway is ok, but the one in the room is old and faded. The bed is a bit firmer as what everybody is mentioning here and could be quite an experience if you are used to Therapedic or other memory foam mattresses. Breakfast is good, but nothing spectacular. The problem here is the internet connection especially at night. Although it is free, you would wish they made you pay so you can have a fast, reliable, uninterrupted internet connection.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you for the note regarding the internet. We are working on this immediately.

north carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This property is nothing special but is clean and acceptable. It was about a 15 minute car ride into the downtown area of Portland. Breakfast was your normal quick bites to get on with your day. The main issue I had was the thin walls/doors. Throughout our stay we could hear other guest around our room and I don't think the other guest were being abnormally loud. If you are a light sleeper this may be an issue for you. The staff was nice enough but once again nothing special. There are a lot of similar hotels within a mile of this one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we have the pleasure of having you with us again.

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you're the least bit noise sensitive, it wouldn't be a good choice. The walls must be made from the flimiest building materials available. Every movement of the person above could be tracked, conversations from outside the room could be heard word for word. There were a great many children & should you happen to have little ones above you jumping off beds and generally being normal children, it can be most unpleasant. It may not be important to you but please be aware.

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive, stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your comment regarding the noise. We try our best to ensure that our guests will be comfortable during a stay here and that noise will not be an issue. It is rare that we receive comments from guests regarding noise from our other guests. I hope that we get the opportunity to have you with us again and that you will be more comfortable.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our first stay at a Staybridge Suites and it won't be our last!!!
From the moment we arrived in Portland, we were made to feel cared for by staff. Here's why:
I called from the airport at 11:45am to see if it was possible to access our room (well before 3:00pm check-in time) and was told to come right over. This was awesome as we had been travelling since 3:00am EST and we were exhausted!!! As we entered the door to Staybridge Suites, we were immediately welcomed and then told that they had provided us with an upgrade from a one to a two-bedroom suite - a real plus since we were traveling with two adult daughters!
On our way out to sightsee in the pouring rain, staff gave us a large umbrella to use for our day. Then, when housekeeping staff saw that we were going out in the rain, they provided towels to take on the road. Food service staff was friendly and helpful during morning breakfasts and the Tuesday-Thursday complimentary cocktail hour & dinners. (Only suggestion - please consider offering veggie dogs and Boca burgers too for those of us who choose or need to maintain a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle.) All in all, we had a great visit to Portland and truly felt at home during our Staybridge Suites stay. We are planning future trips to Portland and this is now our hotel of choice. We can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank areouithereyet
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am sharing this with my Team and I know it will make them very happy!

Thank you for the comment about the vegetarian options. I will speak with my fellow management team about this as well.

We look forward to having you with us in the future. You always have a home here!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here at the beginning of our week and a half summer vacation. Booked 4 nights in a 2 bedroom suite at a very reasonable rate (family member had a military discount) Main room was a 1 bedroom suite and consisted of a kitchenette with full sized refrigerator (made it very convenient) dish washer, sink electric stove, microwave and utensils. There was also a small dining table with 4 chairs, a dresser with flat screen TV, a small work desk and a sofa bed with small love seat. The adjoining bedroom had a queen sized bed with dresser and flat panel TV. Bathroom was in the bedroom suite and was very convenient with a sink outside the shower/toilet area. The bathroom was the standard tub/shower combo with decent room and not cramped. The second bedroom was accessed via a connecting door from the main room and had a second bathroom, same as the first and a King sized bed.

Everything was pretty clean and well kept and the maid service did a nice job daily. On our second night, we returned to the hotel after 10 pm to no lights. Apparently there was a power outage to the whole area and all the hotels were dark with only emergency lighting in the stairwells. This was just a small inconvenience though and the staff handled it fairly well.

Breakfast was good with a couple of meat choices daily (bacon, sausage), eggs, waffles, couple of bagel choices, a few cereal choices, bread for toast (wheat, white and raisin?), hot cereal, good selection of fruit, coffee, milk, (2%, 1%, whole and chocolate), Juices (apple, orange, fruit punch), and some yogurt choices. Got us fueled up in the mornings pretty well.

Our stay went well and we were always comfortable here. It's conveniently located in Portland to get to most of the attractions and we didn't even notice any airport noise. Nothing really pushed it to a higher than average rating for me though as there was only one slowish elevator and staff did their jobs well, but never went beyond that (ie. friendly conversation, morning greetings in the hall, etc). For the price, I'd stay here again, but without the discount, I'd have to say, I've stayed at better places in the Portland area. With the hotel and amenities basically being the same in the price range, service puts a few others in the area above this property.

Room Tip: For quieter rooms, try to get a room at the back of the hotel. You can easily access you room via s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MegDPortland, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Portland Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you stayed with us on your family vacation!

We are also sorry for the inconvenience of the power outage, but we are proud of how the team handled the situation! I am happy to hear it did not put a damper on your evening.

Thank you for also mentioning the breakfast. We try to arrange a lot of selections so that there is something for everyone. (Next time you are here, you will have to try the cinnamon raisin bread. It is divine).

I am sorry to hear that the Team did not exceed your expectations. I will be discussing this review during our Staff Meeting and we immediately start working on new ways to go above and beyond.

Thank you again! I hope we get the pleasure of having you with us again soon.