Staybridge Suites Portland Airport
US$299
US$276
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsportland airportcomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenbedroom suitefree laundryseparate buildingyogurtsocial hourhome away from homelonger stayindoor poolan early flightwake up callshuttle driverpark and flythe breakfast areaeach morning
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Ok, as the title implies, I had to plunge the toilet in my room, because the front desk clerk (i'll call him Skippy to protect identity) decided that it wasn't his job to plunge the toilet so he left the plunger in a plastic bag and left the room..
My wife and I checked in July 4th, 2009 for a week long stay at Staybridge Suites. It was a nice place, and from the reviews on here, we decided to book.. Checked in, Nice clean room, lower floor, cant open the windows, but thats ok. Anyways, The first night was nice, no problems. Well when Sunday the 5th rolls around, the toilet is having some issues flushing. After 2 or 3 times, I decided to call front desk around 10:30AM to report the problem.. My wife and I decided to head to Woodburn Company Stores (outlets, name brand) and then the wince country, uhh returned around 6 and when to our room to freshen up for dinner, well here is where the fun starts....
The above mentioned toilet was still backed up, but the beds were made and new towels IN bathroom placed above the toilet.. Do they NOT check the toilets? Makes one wonder!.. Well, after I went down to the lobby and spoke with Skippy about it not being fixed, he tried to see if maintenance was around, NOPE they left early (see above) he came in with rubber gloves on, looked, tried to flush and left... Came back 5-10 minutes later with the above mentioned plastic bag with said plunger inside.. Oh and he left the room without saying a word... I was VERY hot at this point, but I needed the damn toilet fixed.. Umm after I (yes ME) the vacationer, guest at said hotel PAYING guest, tried to plunge toilet, alas it wouldn't budge, I went to the lobby AGAIN..
I asked to speak to a manager, umm they don't have one on the weekends. So a older guy in shorts and a polo in the "Sales Department" of Staybridge suites there in Portland, Oregon on NE Glenn Widing, came out and wanted to know what was going on.. So I proceeded to tell him. All-the-while (Skippy) was behind the counter looking dumb-founded that I, the paying guest would call him out right in front of this "senior dude in the company".. I then asked for a new room, they moved us up to the 3rd floor, ahh open windows and fresh breeze's , oh and fireworks on the 5th of July, some people are a little slow, I was looking for that "SLOW, children at play" safety sign, but no luck... This dude, I shall call him, Gustov, took down what I was saying, times, names, etc.. yada, yada, yada, he said he would look into and talk with his bosses, etc, yada, yada, yada... Well the 6th, Monday rolls around, we head to the Zoo (its really a zoo, too many damn ankle biters) so we go to the Rose Test Garden and I proceed to snap of some 100 pics of the roses. Nice... We then head to the Japanese Garden, lovely place, kind of bland in summer, all green, ho-hum.. Lunch downtown at Deschutes brewery, Elk burger rocks, sweet pot fries, killer, beer good.. Oh I forgot to mention, The dude, Gustov, said he would call me around 12/noon.. Its now close to 3 and no call from Gustov... I see Gustov from time to time walk around during the "managers, meet and brown nose parties in the lobby/kitchen area.. Oh they have free breakfast each am, decent enough, saved quite a bit of cash from having b'fast there.... Gustov, remembers my name and says hi "Jason" and I acknowledge him back.. Food at "managers gathering" was ok, nothing to write about... Anyways, July 11th comes around and We are checking out, I proceed to tell the front desk clerks my toilet story and they appear to actually give a damn.. I GOT NO APOLOGY FOR HAVING TO PLUNGE THE TOILET IN MY HOTEL SUITE THAT I PAID FOR!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CannaDad
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the employees and amenities at Staybridge Suites.

Everything you need is at this hotel .. even a complimentary dinner - offered 3 nights/week!

We would recomment this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Overnight here before a flight out in the morning. Very nice welcome from the grounds staff of all people who assisted me with my luggage/tradeshow booth.

My suite was clean, the working area sufficient and the wireless was sound, even though I used the neighboring connection from another signal most of my visit.

We would return as this was a good value for my needs

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank SledDriver
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We stayed on our first and last nights in oregon for convenience to airport. With 3 kids and 2 adults, it worked out great! The kitchen is well equipped and the complimentary breakfast was really great! Staff was delightful! Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank klrapp
Reviewed 25 December 2008

We were driving into Portland and flying out the next morning, so we wanted a hotel where we could leave the car for a week. We found the price for the hotel and parking to be very reasonable--and less than we would have paid for the hotel and parking seperately. Once we arrived, we discovered that they have dinner three nights a week (the turkey and potatoes were decent enough, considering we didn't pay for them) including beer and wine. The room was clean and nice. The staff was friendly and eager to please. If we ever have to fly out of Portland again, we'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)