“A great stay in a great location!”

Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Riverplace
Ranked #33 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel was very comfortable and convenient, and a real bargain compared to other places available in downtown Portland. We had a roomy suite with a nice view of the river. They had a much better breakfast than is generally offered as a "freebie" in other places, and the location along the Riverwalk was a real plus. The tram that stops across the street is in the "free" zone, so no charge for easy transport all over town. We have stayed at other places in Portland but we came back here for a second time which was every bit as nice as the first, and this will definitely be our Portland place whenever we visit.

1  Thank SigmundD

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Well appointed hotel, comfortable, spacious room, with beautiful view of the waterfront. Appreciated bottled water too. Enjoyed breakfast outside overlooking the water. We rented a surrey, which was a lot of fun. Walked along the river and had a delicious dinner I'd go back anytime.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Brenda A, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2014

Dear joanp,
Customer satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business and we're glad you had an enjoyable stay at Residence Inn RiverPlace while you were visiting downtown Portland. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family (myself , two kids) lives near Seattle. We go to Portland at least once a year for fun- visit the zoo, OMSI, Powell's Bookstore, the river walk, streetcars. It is a friendly, accessible city. We always stay at the RiverPlace Residence Inn. My kids love the buffet breakfast, the pool, and jumping on the streetcar line right in front of the hotel. Rooms are spotless, staff cordial and helpful. Nice exercise room overlooking the pool with several machines. Hotel has a very pleasant, relaxed feel to it. We don't care too much about a view, but the views facing the river are pleasant. Parking fee ($25/night, as I recall) seems a little steep, but that is a small quibble.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Brenda A, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Dear snodad,
We appreciate your time and feedback! Thank you for staying at Residence Inn - Portland Downtown RiverPlace. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I guessed right. We had been to Portland a few years ago over the 4th of July on a Babymoon. I remembered the Residence Inn from when we got off the trolley to walk to the banks of the Willamette to watch the fireworks. The hotel is close enough to everything to walk, but far enough away from the Fest noise to relax. We got a room that overlooks the river (you have to ask...and be lucky). We were able to go listen to blues, come back jump in the pool, and eat a casual dinner on the docks of the river. Oh, and we were able to jump in the car and drive up the Colombia River and check out the most beautiful falls you will see anywhere in the world and amazing Bonneville Dam (fish ladder).... and be back by noon for the Bluesfest.

Room Tip: get there early, be very nice, and ask for a river view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Brenda A, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2014

Dear 4summertravelers,
Thank you for rating your stay at Residence Inn Portland Downtown RiverPlace 5 stars! We look forward to welcoming you back soon and appreciate your time submitting a review.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed for a month in here and it was good except for room service failed to clean up the kitchen some days

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Staff here is hit or miss. Sometimes you get great service other times they act like you a really a bother rather than a valued customer.
I have stayed here several times, but I think I need to find a different hotel with better customer service.
I think they need a reality check! Can any business afford to lose customers in this financial climate? Especially one get our ever dwindling leisure dollars.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank trippgoddess
PeterKilbourne, Manager at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay in December 2010. I am very sorry to hear that we fell short of delivering world class service. We typically receive very high remarks for the service we deliver. While your review did not provide any specific information, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly about your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at 503-484-2001 or pkilbourne@innventures.com.
Regards,
Peter Kilbourne, General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I travel all over the country and have found the Marriott Residence Inn Riverplace to be one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff, all the way up to the manager, make you fell right at home. The location is to die for being right on the Riverwalk area in downtown Porltand. And you're just a few feet away from the free light rail system to take you where you might want to go in the downtown area.

I also play trumpet and take my horn with me when I travel. The staff at The Riverplace is the first to go out of their way to make it work for me by getting me a conference room at night when not in use. It was great!

The complimentary morning breakfast and manager's appetizer special Monday thru Wednesday night was also a wonderful treat. Food was great!

I will be back agian, and agin, and again!

Room Tip: A studio is room enough for 1 at this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear markmorel,
Customer satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business and we're glad you had an enjoyable stay at Residence Inn RiverPlace while you were visiting downtown Portland. We hope to see you back soon!