“Nothing Better Than A Repeat Paying Guest!”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #48 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This was our second stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at the Portland Airport. We arrived on 10/19/2012 and checked out 10/22/2012 and had no issues at all. Doesn't seem like "an airport hotel".

Since we visited Cannon Beach, we called from there to advise the Hotel that we would be a late checkin. We requested the top floor away from the elevator which they reserved for us. Our room was clean with no issues at all. Very quiet and we had three night of great sleep. Each day's maid service was very good, again with no issues.

If you're traveling and want a clean hotel, this is the place. If it wasn't we would not have stayed here again. Weekdays, they have cookies out in the afternoon. The US News is provided. Parking is excellent as we never had any issues as we leave nothing within the car. Staff is friendly and will assist you upon request. Next time we visit family in Portland, this is where we will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PropellerJourney
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Wow! Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are planning a lobby and restaurant remodel at the end of this year so, make sure you come back and visit us!

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This hotel is nice and clean and close to the Portland Airport. Rooms are updated and comfortable with flat screen TV and newer furniture. The internet connection is very good and fast. The only thing that I would improve is the front desk service. It could be a little better... Breakfast is pretty good as well. Overall a good place to stay on business. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to reveiw your stay with us! I appreciate your comments and happy that you gave us a nice review. I will make sure that I address your comment with my staff in regards to our front desk service. It is improtant to us to provide excellent guest service to all our guests and I am sorry that we dropped the ball in this area.
I hope that you will return to our hotel next time that you are in Portland!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed here on my trip to Hawaii. The hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet. Shower flow was excellent. Staff is friendly and very helpful. They made reservations for dinner at Salty's on the Columbia River (An excellent seafood restaurant) and then took us there in their van. After dinner they picked us up and returned us to the hotel.
This is an airport hotel which does not have a bar or a dining room on weekends. They do provide a breakfast that all things considered, was good but was not included in the cost of the rooom.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your kind commentsand hope that you will choose us again next time your travels bring you to Portland!

Liz Charbonneau

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel is fine in that is is very close to the airport and provides shuttles back and forth. The food was good, however a little expensive. I felt that the rooms could use an upgrade as they seemed somewhat old. The fitness center had good equipment and more itmes than I was expecting. Would return if needed to be near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We always appreicate any feedback that we receive. I did want you to know that within the last 8 months we did a complete upgrade on the room-everything in the rooms is new; furniture, drapes, artwork, lamps, carpet, etc. Also, within the next couple of months we will be renovating our lobby and restaurant, so next time you visit the public areas will have a brand new updated look and feel.. We hope that you will return and check it out!
I am glad that you find our hotel convenient for your travels and do appreciate your business!

Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel was very nice. The check in staff was friendly. We had a first floor King room. They were able to accommodate an early check which was great since we had flown into Seattle and driven down to Portland. The rooms were comfortable. The breakfast was very good but costs extra. Internet is free. It was standard Garden Inn fare.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We appreciate the good rating you gave our hotel! Thank you for your business and we hope you will return next time you visit Portland!

L:iz

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I see some recent reviews about poor service. I saw none of this. Pretty much a standard Hilton Garden stay. Handy location for us. Clean room. Service at breakfast was excellent. We are staying again. Tomorrow. I will report back if something seems weaker, but frankly I expect another reasonable cost stay, nice room, and so on. Internet worked well. Small fitness room, but again pretty standard for HG.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KiowaVT
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thanks for the nice review and for taking the time to submit it!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

If I visited the Portland area again, I would not stay at this hotel. There are lots of other choices near the airport for a much lower price that offer free breakfast. My room smelled like BO upon my arrival, I called the front desk and they did someone up with Febreeze. The TV was also not working upon my arrival, apparently it was unplugged, I would think housekeeping would have checked this. The bed was very comfortable, water temperature varied when someone else nearby showered. Service at breakfast was subpar and the frontdesk was not attentive.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

I am so sorry you were unhappy with your stay with us. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our rooms and common areas clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in Portland, so that we can give you the guest servie that you deserve!