“Great airport hotel in Portland!”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is an airport hotel (PDX) and is always nice to end a trip at this HGI (I live an hour south of PDX) to avoid driving at night. The beds are heavenly, service is always top notch and suite upgrades are always appreciated when available. The breakfast buffet is your standard faire but options for cooked or order items. If you are looking for lodging prior to an early flight or late night arrival at PDX, consider this property. They have park and fly rates too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your reveiw here. I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and find us convenient for that quick Portland stay.
See you next time!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for a business trip. Convenient to the airport. Several restaurants within 10 minutes. Clean, comfortable rooms. Staff was very friendly. Price was comparable to other hotels in the area, but not the lowest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the reveiw! We hope that you will choose to stay with us next time that you are in Portland!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The room decor and amenties in our room were the least attractive of any Hilton Garden Inn we have been it, more like a less expensive chain. There were paper cups and glasses in the room and the decor was ill-conceived with one poorly placed picture. The keurig coffeemaker, however worked well as did the internet. The room was noisy with highway sounds permiating. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I apologize that the guest room at our hotel was not up to the standards that you expect for a Hilton hotel. All Hilton Garden Inn's and other Hilton hotel brands went to paper cups a few months back. This was after Hilton did a thorough survey of guests and found that most of our guests prefer paper for sanitary reasons. The paper cups that we use in the rooms is of very high quality.
I am glad that you enjoyed the Keurig machines in the room. We have found them to be quite a hit with the guests.
I appeciate your feedback and hope that you will return to our hotel next time that you travel to Porltand!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

As if the noise from jets landing/taking off from PDX wasn't enough in this area, the family in the room above mine starting prancing around at 11pm which woke me. I did report the problem but apparently the other guests didn't think being considerate was appropriate because they were prancing around like elephants bowling again the next morning before 7am. Rough night's sleep - such a shame; the lobby area of this hotel is upscale, neat and clean. The hotel is clean, their rooms are very nice, the location is convenient to the airport with free shuttle service and the staff was friendly and attentive (e.g., shuttle driver). If only the walls... and ceiling... weren't so thin.... you might be able to actually sleep here, too!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to send in your reveiw of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel comfortable and clean and the staff attentive. I do apologize for the inconsiderate guests above you. I know how frustrating that must be when trying to get a good nights sleep while on the road.
Thank you again for the review and we hope you will stay with us next time that you are in Portland!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is a pretty good Hilton Garden Inn and the location near the airport makes it really convenient. I, like others here am a Diamond Member at Hilton. That means I stay at Hilton hotels a minimum of 35 nights a year.

The room I stayed in was clean and well kept with the typical HGI amenities. A small refrigerator, microwave and Keurig coffee maker. I do suggest you bring your own favorite coffee pods with you. The stuff they provide in the room is not that good.

I've always found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. If you decide to stay here there is a great little restaurant right around the corner, Bistro 23. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the nice reveiw! I am happy that our hotel lives up to the standards that you expect from Hilton, especially being a seasoned traveler. We appreciate your business and your Hilton loyalty!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Overall the property was nice and the room was nice. As I said the staff was unpolished and very very casual in their communication to each other in front of guests. I was extremely disappointed that I could not leave my car for the week (we flew to Hawaii - where we used our Hilton Grand Vacation) and stayed at the hotel the night we returned as well. When I called the hotel to inquire about it she was not helpful. When I said even though I am a diamond member? she replied "well you're just a gold member". Well I was a diamond at one time, then I had a baby and stopped traveling as much. But I do own a HGV and use a Hilton Honors Am Ex card. Sorry I am not high enough on the list.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Please accpet our apologies that upon calling the hotel our guest service agent made you feel like your Hhonors status was not a high enough level. We are appreciative of all our Hhonors members and the business that you bring us. This will be addressed immediately. We do provide a Park n' fly Prgram but we are limited to the amount of these that we can take per night, due to limited parking.
Thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

When I travel for business, I've consistently found Hilton properties to be exceptional. When comparing rates, Hilton manages to offer rates competitive with other lodging options while maintaining facilities and standards a step above.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for posting your review. I am glad that Hilton Hotels has held up to the standards that you expect. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton guest!