“My first float”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My first float”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

If you have never tried floating before you should. Portland is quickly becoming the mecca for floating, at Float on, you have your choice between different tanks... whatever floats your boat... literally
You get 90 minutes to just relax, the salt water floats your entire body so all those muscles you are using constantly throughout the day to defy gravity, relax and you can drift off into a space you may not had known existed.
My body felt so good after, not to mention my skin was like silk.
Bring shampoo and conditioner for after shower :)
Nice couches to relax after or wait for a friend, very friendly staff, ask them anything, I did.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BJ3011111

Queretaro, Mexico
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Too relaxed to review :)”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We'd never heard of floating before and after reading up, knew that we'd have to give this a shot. The folks there are super nice, very laid back. It was relaxing, to say the least, and we'd have done it again if we were there longer. Book the late nights for a chance of staying in longer. I did the Ocean tank, the more open one and was not claustrophobic at all. My husband did the more pod-like tank and said he couldn't close the 'door'. The sensation was a bit more closed in for him.

For godsakes DO NOT SHAVE the day you go! It will burn like fire! And when they say to eat a LIGHT meal an hour before, they aren't kidding. You'll regret it if you're full of dinner. Fantastic experience though!

Visited May 2013
Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very relaxing experience”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Float On was one of the main reasons my daughter & I went to Portland and we weren't disappointed. We booked the Ocean Room tanks which are large and not as claustrophobic as I imagine the regular tanks to be.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but once I started floating and turned off my racing thoughts, it was very relaxing. It was better than floating in the ocean in that there was no danger of floating away and it was impossible to get hurt.

Towards the end of the float, I fell asleep. It was really nice and 90 minutes of silence was heaven to me.

The staff was all very friendly and everything was explained clearly. I wish I lived closer just so I could visit Float On more often.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

All around BAD experience. I'm deep into meditation being a full time martial arts instructor, however my experience with float on was anything but relaxing or meditative. Inside the tank is hard to breathe, the tank was so small I kept hitting the hard interior walls, and the room the tank is in looks like a dirty bath house.
So disappointed. So much HYPE and so little to back it up.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank KickClean
Graham T, Owner at Float On, responded to this review, 5 October 2014
Sorry you had such a bad experience. We've made a lot of changed since you floated with us in Feb. 2013. We have completely redesigned our rooms around the tank. Our showers are different, our air supply system is different, our floors and walls are new. You wont recognize the room. Unfortunately the tank is still the same size though. So, you should probably try one of our new tanks which are 8' X 8' square. You can sprawl out as wide as you like and since it's not enclosed with a lid, the humidity will be much less.
Vancouver, Washington
“So Wonderfully Relaxing”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have fibromyalgia and for the first time since I can remember all of my muscles were relaxed. I cannot explain how wonderfully serene the whole experience was. The best part is that it lasted for a couple days after the float. The guys that work at Float On are awesome, the tanks are wonderful. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants complete silence and relaxation.

Visited November 2012