“Thanks for a Wonderful Stay”

River's Edge Hotel & Spa
Ranked #36 of 140 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Thanks for a Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It was a lovely hotel, situated peacefully outside of downtown Portland. Located alongside the river with a quiet pathway great for a morning walk, the Hotel has a defininite boutique feel to it.

Check in was very effortless and quick, with a surprise of a upgrade to a riverview room. Bell service very helpful. Valet service(an added fee) with swift service and very welcoming staff. I utilized room service during my stay, also very timely and helpful service. While the selection is somewhat limited, it was very tasty after a long day of sightseeing.

Everyday the Hotel puts out a continental breakfast with some of the typical fare of cold cereals, milk, yogurt, muffins, breads and juice. For those whose room was, like myself, close to the ice machine may be delighted to know that the ice comes in prepackaged bags, as to avoid making the usual noise at all hours of the day and night, a charming detail.

The only downside is small, but definitely noticeable. Some of furniture show signs of definite wear. The Tv was not the most recent model, aka crt. Shower head was dated as well. But none of these little details should deter you from experiencing this fine hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor which gives you an excellent view of the river.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank opus36
RiversEdgeHotel, Manager at River's Edge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear Opus36,

And thanks for such wonderful and detailed recount of your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our services and amenities we provide. Your feedback is appreciated and has been shared with all individuals. We look forward to seeing you back again soon

River's Edge Hotel and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Roseburg, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We chose to stay at the River's Edge because of it's location to OHSU and the Air Tram. The Hotel was beautiful, clean, and peaceful. The staff were super accomodating. Valet parking was a little expensive but the attendenants were awesome. Our family was happy staying here. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the spa or any other activities near by as our 3 day trip was (unfortunately) spent mostly at OHSU. The Old Spaghetti Factory is just around the corner...very conveniently located. Thank you, River's Edge, for being so friendly and making our experience the best possible.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank picklechic
RiversEdgeHotel, Manager at River's Edge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear Picklechic,

Mission accomplished. We are delighted to read your comments, we have shared them with the entire staff.

Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Portland and will get to enjoy more of what the city has to offer and you can join us again for another great stay. Please feel free to contact me directly, I would like to assist you with your reservations arrangements.

All the best,
503.802.5807
ana.maret@riversedgehotel.com
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a business meeting and was impressed as all staff members had a genuine interest to be friendly and make sure my stay was great. Great setting and beautiful property. Used the Aquivira restaurant for hoting clients and the staff did a tremendous job on making sure the food and beverages were available. They even made rounds around the room asking people if they needed anything else.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jimmy J
RiversEdgeHotel, Manager at River's Edge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Dear Jimmy J,

We are really happy to know that you had an outstanding experience at River's Edge Hotel and Spa. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we do appreciate your kind comments in regards to your recent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Portland

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Removed from downtown, but still accessible. Modern hotel tucked away at peaceful location. Great views. A very relaxing experience that was a good value. Spa was a nice treat! Great rib shop in walking distance. Kayaking on the river was a blast. This is place to stay if visiting Portland.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank LewiandAl
RiversEdgeHotel, Manager at River's Edge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear LewiandAl,

Thank you for your kind review. We are very glad you had a peaceful and relaxing stay at River's Edge Hotel and Spa. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Regards,
Otis, Oregon
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the south waterfront campus of OHSU. It was an excellent choice for me. The river view was peaceful, just what I needed to offset medical worries. The staff was efficient and friendly. The room was nicely furnished. I've never had a bathroom with both a shower stall and a tub. Parking was a little too expensive. I had a good meal in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room. Even the ground floor was fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank loon2003
Dear Loon2003,

Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to share your positive experience with the TripAdvisor community. The entire team is so pleased to learn that you had a great stay; we hope to see you back soon.

Regards,

Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year when it was know as the Avalon. On this visit, I asked for a river view room and they were able to place me there. If you can, always request a river view room as the view is spectacular. I was on the 5th floor with a balcony overlooking the Willamette River. I'm surprised that they do not charge more for river view rooms. The room was very nice. Clean and comfortable. The only issues were that there were not enough outlets near the desk to charge mobile devices. Also, the TV frequently pixelated and I got the black screen telling me to call Comcast. Not what you want to see after a long workday far from home. But, the staff was very friendly and only too anxious to help. The valet parking attendants went above and beyond to help. On arrival, I left my iPhone in my rental car. I didn't even have to ask, when he heard me tell the front desk clerk that I had left my phone in my car, he ran out the door and appeared a minute later with my phone. That's real service!

Room Tip: Ask for River View as the scenic view of the river is spectacular. Also, I stayed just around the c...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Craig K
RiversEdgeHotel, Manager at River's Edge Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear Craig K,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. We are very glad you were able to experience the great customer service our Team provides. We appreciate your continuos business and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Booked a night here for a "stay-cation" and thrilled with our experience. Attentive staff from the minute we arrived at the valet all the way to our room. Little touches like continental breakfast on each floor and citrus-infused ice water in the lobby made it better than expected. Location is perfect - right on the river and SO close to downtown. Relaxing views of the water and sunrise from wall-wall windows with European-style hinge door to the private terrace and riverside walking path right out the lobby door. Also ppreciated not having to pay extra for wi-fi internet and actually having it in the guest room!

Room Tip: If you're going to stay here, get a river view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MT,

We love "stay-cationers" and we love to read your great review. Thank you for sharing your experience, see you again soon.