“Always Great Food Service Normally Great”

Nicholas Restaurant - NE Broadway
Ranked #362 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This place is delicious! We come every time friends and family get together. The best Lebanese in town. The owner is very friendly. Today our food was great as always but the service was terrible. Kelly our server acted put out to serve us then at the end of the meal over charged us. Then charged us double and said he couldn't fix it. After leaving and coming back to get it fixed it was finally taken care of. This place is always amazing but this one time the service was awful. I still based the review on the majority of times we've been there.

There are newer reviews for Nicholas Restaurant - NE Broadway

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have been a customer since the early 90s and they have excellent food. Also vegetarian friendly too. Sometimes it is crowded and the space is small but I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have eaten Lebanese food before so wanted to try a place in Portland that was new to us. We haven't eaten thus kind of food back home in California The place looks nice and the menu selection is good. The large pita bread they served is excellent. However the rest of the food was average or below. The tabouli was mostly tomatoes I've never had rice at a Lebanese restaurant before but it came with the special chicken dish I ordered The rice was mushy and not very tasty. The chicken was not as good as the chicken I can get at Smashburger. We asked for extra dipping oil for the excellent pita, but had to pay another $1.50. Not a good idea to charge for this.

1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Loved the menu and service. The food was great and I tried some unique items but they still had all the favorites like hummus and naan. VERY reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I visited our son for a week in Portland and he recommended we eat at this restaurant. It was so good that we ate at it again the night before we left for home. We ate at the restaurant at 318 SE Grand, but there are two other locations in the area. The first time we arrived at 5PM and there were just a few tables available. The second time we arrived an hour later and had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. A frequent patron said that long lines are the norm. I had the beef shawarma and lamb kebabs and they were wonderful. My wife had falafel and baba genouj both times and thought they were terrific. The restaurant is in a small store front and they do squeeze in a lot of tables and they do attract families with kids so it isn't a place for intimate conversation or a romantic rendezvous, but the excellent food, the extremely friendly and capable service and the very reasonable prices make this a top choice for eating in Portland, a city with lots of great restaurants.