“Don't stay here”

Ranked #127 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn from Oct 14-16. We were willing to put up with some things for the price. Carpet had a stain that stuck to mu foot every time I walked there. Had to remove a golf ball sized hair plug in the tub to get the water to drain. My greatest disappointment was that I left my IPOD there accidentally. I called later in the day expecting it would have been found and that we could pick it up on our way back up through Portland. Then began 3 days of run arounds - the cleaner went home- not back until tomorrow. Told to call tomorrow and told she is not there till later. Told to Call later and she did not find it. Told to call again tomorrow and no it was still not found. I said it was stolen and would contact the police and was told "well you have to do what you have to do". This is totally unacceptable to me and I would trust this place ever again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doug P
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 31 December 2013

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

The cleanliness issues you encountered have been addressed with our housekeeping team and we will improve our process to ensure all rooms reach the highest standards.

Management is investigating the missing IPOD issue and are sorry for such an unlikely incidence. It will be sorted without delay.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gresham
Reviewed 8 October 2013

No coffee in room. Mold in shower and very dirty. The carpet need to be vaccumed. The side door was never locked. Mold in the shower for the pool area. No maid service no clean towels or bed made. BAD BAD BAD I WOULD NOT STAY AGAIN

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Cheryl B
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying with at the Rodeway Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations which shall really help us to improve further.

Additional measures have been taken to ensure the best cleanliness and proper amenities in the rooms. All rooms are being thoroughly checked before a new guest is checked in.

We also have taken all the steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We invite you once again to choose our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Boulder
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just to hit the highlights:
-The key stopped working after each use and had to be reprogrammed. The front desk clerk at the other end of the hall didn't apologize, she thought it was funny.

-Housekeeping took our towels and didn't leave new ones. When we called, the desk said they only had one set so they had to wash them and bring them back. They never came back, nor did our sheets.

-Trash all over the halls - the same trash for 3 days.

I wouldn't stay here again if it was free. For the same price we stayed across the street at the Days Inn, which was nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles H
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Rodeway Inn during your visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience however unlikely it may be.

We take it seriously towards improvement.

The front desk staff has been given special training to ensure they offer the guests the best hospitality and service.

We have investigated the incident as mentioned in your long review and have taken steps and assure you that the hotel cleaning and maintenance staff has been given additional training to ensure that this does not happen again.

We hope that you will consider us once again and have a new experience.

Arizona
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I tried posting a review on the website I booked this through and they didn't accept it! This place needs to seriously clean up their act. I booked this, because a friend and I were going to a concert nearby and everything else (except $150 plus) was booked up. I don't feel I need to get into too many details, as there were so many, so I'll list only the main ones with a very short description.
1.)Upon checking in the "housekeeping" was telling the front desk person that there were some people that were "very high" that she could not remove from a room.
2.) 1st room not cleaned, beds were made, carpet not vacuumed, cup on floor, pants in closet.
3.) Walk to 2nd room, passed "interesting" people. You could almost hear what people in room next to ours were saying.
4.) Again room not cleaned, towels were actually folded up after being used i.e. makeup, hair and all were super wet! GROSS!! We pulled back the sheets and then basically hurried out of the room.
5.) Called booking agency, told them we did not feel safe in the place and that we needed a refund, on the nonrefundable room, period.
6.) I considered contacting the local authorities about the place, because I felt that might be a useful thing to do for this community.
If you've read this review and still choose to book a room here you are supporting this place. Please do not.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jcat111777
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2013

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also were instructed to see to it that rooms were properly equip before being released as ready for occupancy.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Carmichael, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Found this motel on Choicehotels.com. Needed a good motel at a reasonable price as I was paying for 2 rooms. Website looked good and showed everything listed working. Arrived at 10:00 pm and found a dirty lobby with a very unknowledgeable desk clerk. First of all the pool, spa and gym were all closed for some reason. The clerk said that they had been closed for 3 weeks. The website did not mention this. I had been looking forward to having a nice soak in the spa. The hallways including the tile and carpet were filthy. Signs on the walls told guests to clean up after their dogs which might explain why the flooring was filthy. Got into my room and a light on the night stand was out. The TV was very grainy. The so called outside security door was not working and anybody could walk in from the outside. The breakfast area was nasty and bare bones with some toast and bagels. The room was however clean and the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. The shower curtain rod was hanging out of the wall on one side. I would of gone to the Days Inn across the street but it was too late and I was too tired. After leaving I realized that I had left my cell phone charger in the room.. I called the motel and the clerk said that there was nothing she could do and hung up on me. I see responses from management after most negative reviews but that's obviously just lip service as nothing is being done to improve this place. I would not stay here unless you have no other choice. If this is indicative of Rodeway Inn's and ChoiceHotels they ought to just close down and level all the locations. This place was a dump. I submitted a review to Choicehotels.com but they have not responded, so apparently they don't care either.

Room Tip: Don't stop just keep going.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank madmax25

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was informed to update the information on the website. They were instructed to inform all our valued guests about the non-working facilities.

• Maintenance was informed of the Tile, Light on the night stand Grainy television, Security door not working in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Housekeeping staff received our commendation for the level of cleanliness they maintained as our employees.

• Management was informed about the lost charged and will look into the matter.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Pros:

Right off the highway
Gas station next door
Burger King, Mcdonalds right there, Karls Jr across from McDonalds.
Burger King has 50c cones or cups ...while it lasts!!
Free local calls.
Internet worked ok for email, not well on any video
lots of parking, always a space.

CON's
no drain plug, has to wash clothes in waste basket
faucet handle is piece of metal thats hard to operate
table and big chair should be reversed, hard to work online where its at now in front of cooler
room key didnt work second day-saw others with same problems
maid takes old towels and cleans room in the morning-new towels still not arrived so at 7p had to go ask
rather run down--saw a chicken leg bone in the hall....I watched the position as it got kicked about but lasted 24 hours...
carpet farther funky smelly and torn on stairs.
funky people hanging about-Im guessing the lower floor is long term boarders.
breakfast area--forget it go next door-but there is plenty of coffee at front desk thats good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Rodeway Inn and the review.

We appreciate your observations with specific pros and cons.

We take it seriously and have taken effective steps to all of them.

In fact, we are considering a total renovation to the property at the earliest.

We take the reviews quite seriously and would like to see you again!

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2013

we recommended this hotel to friends from past experience, but that was a mistake. They said that the room was clean, but the laundry area was very bad. They had trouble with the key and received very little help with this problem. Were out of the room all day there would have been plenty of time to fix the problem, but they came back that night to the same problem. The parking lot was a huge mess, but it did get cleaned up. This was very embarrassing, do not recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sharonhoblit
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that your stay was a pleasant one.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of the Room Keys instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

• Housekeeping was instructed to keep the Laundry area clean and received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Chestnut Tree Inn Portland Mall 205
Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Econo Lodge at Port of Portland
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR
Four Points by Sheraton Portland East

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!