“Not as bad as reviews”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #126 of 144 Hotels in Portland
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there and had booked before reading reviews so was pretty apprehensive but our room was nice. Not the Hilton but for the price and all it was good. Clean, no smoke smell as in othwr reviews. Staff helpful. And no, don't work there, just passing through.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Toilet was plugged up, safety latch was broken off door, molding was cracking, wall paper was peeling off bathroom walls, carpets were dirty. The room smelled like...well, you know. I guess the management is fine with these conditions and so must Rodeway. Go figure. This a job for the health department. The Days Inn next door is a little better.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 30 April 2014

ROADWAY INN @ 181ST – Gresham OR
The exercise room - 3 pieces of equipment and none of them worked right. The TV didn't work in there either, I went to let them know that it didn't work. When I came back the next morning it was still on but not working
Our room hadn't been cleaned in a long time
No room service – we stayed 2 nights and the room was not cleaned nor were beds fixed
Not enough clean towels for our 2nd night
There was a gouge in the wall not repaired
My husband had to fix the toilet so it didn't run
The corner lamp had no light bulb in it.
The air conditioner didn't work – it blew air but not cold

Room Tip: No room service at all
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The young gal who checked us in was the best part of our stay. It was near where we needed to be, but I will never stay here again. We had a 2 double bed room, one bedspread was stained the beds looked like they were made by 5 year olds. Half the lamps in the room did not work. The bathroom was dirty and had a huge broken piece of tile on the floor, the heat lamp would not stay on unless you jiggled the switch, The in-room coffee maker was covered in dust, there were cob webs over the sink. The beds were comfortable, but the one closest to the window was not attached to the headboard and kept bumping. I worked at a Rodeway inn many years ago and we had much higher standards. Oh and the night desk guy was sitting on the couch watching tv when we came back to our room after our function and did not acknowledge us at all. And this hotel is NOT ADA accessible!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Doreen V
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This place is a dump and way too expensive. We arrived on a Thursday, and paid for a week. On Friday we got a call from the manager saying she smelled smoke in the hallway and we had to leave at the end of the weekend. Before I could even explain that we were non-smokers she hung up on me mid sentance, I was kinda happy and way because I hated the hotel and now i could leave early with a refund. Later that day I stepped in a broken crack pipe and cut my foot. I'm diabetic so it was kinda a big deal (diabetics lose toes and feet all the time for cuts that don't heal.) Anyway, Saturday I get a call at 12:01 saying I had to leave the room by checkout, when I asked when checkout was she said 12:00. I tried to explain that we were told we had till Sunday, and that I was disabled so it may take a few minutes for me to pack everything. She responded by threatening to call the cops if we didn't leave right then and there. The manager needs to be on meds, she is crazy and can barley speak english. The other people staying at the hotel looked like homeless drug addicts, and the place hasn't been updated since the 70's (the bed spreads are that ugly yellow that was so popular in the 70's) and the bed is so springy that I had trouble sleeping. Anyway go to the Days Inn across the street, much nicer. They have an indoor pool, where the Rodeway has a hot tub and sauna that has been closed for almost a year now and used to store paint supplies. Also the Days in has an excellent breakfast, and much nicer rooms and they are not that much more expensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Brady L
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel. Our goal is 100 percent customer satisfaction, and you were obviously dissatisfied with our service and our facilities in some way to write such things about us. We sincerely apologize for whatever problems you may have encountered during your stay. No matter the guest, we want you to be satisfied and you obviously were not.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel was nice for price. I was a little disappointed the spa was out of service. The room was very clean and nice. The entire building smelled like cigarette smoke since they provide smoking and non smoking. The inside of our non smoking room want as bad but you could still smell it. The pillows were really good but really small, it was cute. The receptionist was Super nice and extremely helpful as was room service. The free breakfast was kind of sparse but still not bad for free lol

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn from Oct 14-16. We were willing to put up with some things for the price. Carpet had a stain that stuck to mu foot every time I walked there. Had to remove a golf ball sized hair plug in the tub to get the water to drain. My greatest disappointment was that I left my IPOD there accidentally. I called later in the day expecting it would have been found and that we could pick it up on our way back up through Portland. Then began 3 days of run arounds - the cleaner went home- not back until tomorrow. Told to call tomorrow and told she is not there till later. Told to Call later and she did not find it. Told to call again tomorrow and no it was still not found. I said it was stolen and would contact the police and was told "well you have to do what you have to do". This is totally unacceptable to me and I would trust this place ever again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doug P
Roshini P, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn for your recent stay in our area.

The cleanliness issues you encountered have been addressed with our housekeeping team and we will improve our process to ensure all rooms reach the highest standards.

Management is investigating the missing IPOD issue and are sorry for such an unlikely incidence. It will be sorted without delay.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.