“Lost some of its Luster.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We have always stayed here since it is just outside the airport and the rental car(budget) is only 1/2 block down the street.
Over the last year the hotel is showing its age. Even though everything is mostly ok, some things in the rooms are aging.
Our toilet flush chain came off several times during the night, not fun to replace. the bathroom door squeaked. the bath sink area was definitly in need of an update. too much old and cracked caulk.
The breakfast is free and it is what it is..nothing special and very small.
We will look around some next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
lq0265gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

So sorry to hear about about the toilet chain, I understand how frustrating that can be. Item has been repaired and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. We are in the process of doing hotel upgrades, sorry it was not completed before your stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I always enjoy staying at La Quinta. You can rely on them to be clean, professional and in a good location. It is also easy for me to bring a few protein powders and still be able to make something healthy with a combination of their offerings in the continental breakfast. They have yogurt and hard boiled eggs and access to hot water. It is fairly easy to get to and back out again on to the highway. It is a good location if you need to be close to Vancouver WA as well.

Room Tip: I stayed here for the spartan race. They had a hose I could use to spray off all that mud.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank errinwalker

Thank you for the positive, I appreciate that! Glad we have some healthy items that fit your lifestyle on the breakfast bar. We try to have a little something for everyone! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was our third trip to Portland, Oregon. We were looking to stay downtown, but the rates were so expensive and on top of that they charged outrageous parking fees. On this trip we were renting a car ( last time we just rode the cities fantastic public transportation system) and decided we would look for something more reasonable. After reading a lot of reviews and comparing rates ;we decided on La Quinta. The hotel was clean, very convenient, had a great breakfast every morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful. While the hotel is nothing really luxurious it fit our needs perfectly. We will be staying there again when in Portland.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive comments. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and very happy to hear our staff did a great job! Thank you so very much!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at this location many times in the past. I am an exclusive LQ customer and have my preferred locations. This location has seem to have slid into a rut over the last year. My room was not clean with chewed bubble gum on the carpet, and bathroom that was sorely in need of remodel. My bed was very uncomfortable as the mattress was very poor.

Room Tip: I would look at other locations
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee F

We are so sorry to hear this, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will make sure this is taken care of with the correct department. We are in the process of an upgrade, including the guest bathroom areas. Sorry the remodel not complete for your stay. We sincerely hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

With a late arrival flight, we stayed at the Portland Airport La Quinta. It met all my expectations - they were all ready with my check in materials so it took just long enough for me to sign my name. Our room was spacious and comfy, clean - everything you'd ask for. In the morning, we were pleasantly surprised by the usual La Quinta breakfast including cheese omelets and sausage patties. This is the second time I've stayed at that La Quinta, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travelerJudy
lq0265gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you, so glad to hear we met all your expectations! I am so glad you enjoyed our breakfasr bar, please visit us again in the future. Thank You!!

A La Quinta traveler