“The Best Choice To Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Portland
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Best Choice To Stay”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was there when Portland was in the middle of a snow and ice storm. My plans where totally ruined. La Quinta came to my rescue. My Plans had to change due to the weather. I was at the PDX hotel for 4 nights. While I was there they made sure I had food to eat. Any time I needed to run to the store for groceries or to restaurant for lunch or dinner their shuttle would take me and then pick me up when I was done. If I was at the store they would wait for me. The people are awesome. I'll never stay anywhere else if there is a La Quinta in the area. Every La Quinta that I have ever stayed at, and there been several, has treated me like I was gold. If you choose La Quinta, you won't go wrong. And NO, I'm not getting paid for saying this stuff, it all really happened. They are truly the BEST! Thank You La Quinta.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here in Jan 2014 for two days. The employees were all helpful and friendly. The room was just adequate - clean but felt smaller and more dated than other la Quintas we have stayed at in the past, we were also disappointed with the bathroom. The pool and surrounding area is also needing some attention. We were out late at one of the local clubs and came back to find no parking spots free, we had to park in the street!

The breakfast was good and served starting at 4:00am.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kootenay Rockies, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We enjoyed another good stay at a La Quinta hotel ! As usual we had a pet-room and it was clean with very comfortable beds, enjoyed the pool (no change rooms, so come prepared), nice full complimentary breakfast. The wi-fi was "spotty". This hotel is near the airport, we enjoyed the airplanes landing and taking off, but it is more noisy than some people may like. Did not bother us at all, we enjoyed being near the airport. Tip: there is only a 7-11 close by and a Shari's Restaurant. For any other services you will need to go quite a bit farther out. It was great to relkax and watch the GAME (Seahawks) while we were here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Florence, Oregon
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The only thing going for this La Quinta is that it is near the Portland Airport.

The hotel itself is worn out. The place did not smell or look clean. Baseboards were missing, and fixtures and trim were missing. The bathroom counter was delaminating and had some kind of temporary repair effort a long time ago. The hotel "rents" out their parking lot for those who are traveling through the airport and not necessarily staying at the hotel. When we arrived there were NO parking spots for guests and we were told to park across the street at their "sister" property.

As frequent La Quinta customers we were disappointed and won't be back.

Room Tip: Maybe try the Hampton Inn?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Larry F
Waldorf
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Near-by the A/P, close to multiple eateries, and esy to find! Recently re-modeled with gresatrooms ad outstanding breakfast (from 4:00 AM to 9:00 AM!) Not far from the A/p but quiet and just off the main drag. We'll come back the next time we're in town!

Room Tip: Stay away from next to the elevators and hallways!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 December 2013

What a pleasure to be able to get out of a dirty hotel that was making me ill and into a clean La Quinta Inn. Whew. Staff were responsive to my questions and provided shuttle transportation three times. That allowed my to return my rented car a day early and sove some money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business