Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport
Ranked #86 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on July 1 and July 2, 2012 while exploring the Mt. Hood and Portland areas. We are Choice Hotels rewards members and stay in many Comfort Inns. This was better than the average Comfort Inn. We stayed in one of the two room suites. The extra space was nice and the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. But there was a bit of a musty smell in the room that never seemed to go away. Maybe it's because the suites are not used very often. The only downside to the room was that there was no closet or place to hang up any clothes. There also was not a luggage rack for our luggage. So we had to use the coffee table or desk and end tables for our luggage and clothes. The front desk staff was wonderful--very friendly and cheerful and helpful. The location and condition of the hotel was good and for the price we paid I think the hotel was a very good value. We did not use the pool area, but the pool area did look very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drwlaw2
GMCIPDX, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you so much for your review. After receiving your review I advised our housekeeping staff of your comments and they are routinely freshening up the room as I am sure you were correct and the room may not have been rented recently. Also, in case you will be renting a similar room from us in the future, there is a closet in the main room and not in the bedroom; it is next to the sink. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed one night on July 5th. I stay at a lot of hotels in the Comfort Inn "level", so I pretty much know what I'm going to get, but this was one of the best in the chain. Clean, excellent location, and one of, if not the friendliest/helpful general manager working the front desk I've ever met. I'll definitely be staying here again the next time I'm in the area. Sure - if you want uber luxury and feel like dropping a ton of cash, you can find fancier places, but overall, if you need a room for a night or three right near the airport, at a reasonable price, with a friendly staff, you just aren't likely to do better than this.

Edit: My room was near the front, so the train didn't bother me.

Room Tip: Book near the front of the property if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NashvlMike

Dear Mike,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was lovely to meet and speak with you and I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your loyalty to both our hotel and with Choice Privileges. Respectfully, Farrah Matthis

Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here after coming to Portland for the night. We have stayed here many times before and know that it will be a nice room with a good location. It's a good location to the airport and the rooms are clean and comfy. Breakfast is good and the staff is helpful. Overall a decent place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyjtravels17
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

I wanted to personally let you know how much we appreciate your continued patronage. Thank you again for your business and response on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Portland.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Stayed the night before an early flight. Clean room, nice front desk staff. freight train runs right behind the hotel. Could have slept thru the rumbling, but the horn -- nearly once an hour -- was the pits.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank RLorraine
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

RLorraine. Love your profile photo. Thanks for the compliments and also the heads up to our future guests. Yes that train whistle can get loud sometimes! The best option for our future travelers is to make sure if you are a light sleeper to request a room that faces the front of the hotel. We also provide complimentary ear plugs as well.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed here for one night after arriving into Portland pretty late from Atlanta. The guy behind the desk was nice and helpful our rooms were clean and the bed was comfy! What else could you ask for?! :) They also have a continental breakfast which was great everything you need and a good price too!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Cgdpeace, Thank you so much for your kind words and I am glad you had a good stay with us. We know that you have a wide variety of hotels you could stay at and it means all the more that you chose to stay with us. Thank you again for your business and response on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Portland.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel is very nice for its class. It is probably the best Comfort Inn I have been to. However, this and neighboring hotels are very close to freight train tracks. Trains run throughout the day about once every 2-3 hours and in the early morning (I heard a train at 2-3am). If you are a light sleeper, they offered ear plugs at reception.

The room was clean, comfortable and of average size. The pillows were really small however; almost like sofa cushions rather than pillows.

Check in was quick.

Breakfast was good with a selection of hot and cold items.

WiFi was fine and there was plenty of parking.

Room Tip: The train tracks are at the back of the hotel, so a room closer to the front would probably be less...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank valueseeker604
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest, I wanted to personally thank you for your honest and candid review of our hotel and to thank you for staying with us. To elaborate on your travel tip, nearly all of our rooms with two queen sized beds are on the opposite side of the building and I have been told tend to be quieter. And as you stated we do offer complimentary ear plugs at the front desk. Thank you again for your review, and most importantly for staying with us!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed 3nights here. The breakfast was typical with cereal, yogurt, rolls, eggs, fruit, waffles etc...Room was clean and comfortable. Had difficulty with WIFI reception in our room, but other than that it was a nice inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your experience is vital to both the hotel and to other travelers. I am glad you had a positive experience and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Portland.