“Excellent Hotel for the price!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport
Ranked #85 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I have stayed here both as a couple and with our two girls. This is rated as a 2.5 star hotel but it is better than 3's I've stayed in. It has a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, fresh you make waffles, multiple juices, coffee, gravy,etc. This is no continental!

A nice little workout room with an indoor pool and spa. Everything is very clean.

The rooms are nice clean rooms with flatscreen TV's, extra overzsized chair and a nice desk for your laptop, etc.

The beds are comfortable with interesting soft/firm flippable pillows. Add to that in room coffee/tea, hairdryer, and a mini fridge and you've got a great stay. There is vending machines available as well.

Overall A nice place to stay. I recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMCIPDX, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Breakfast Bar comments such as yours is so appreciated. Yes, it is a Complementary HOT breakfast with Hot Eggs, Hot Meats, All types of pastries, cereals and "make your own waffles"- but its delicious too! Our breakfast bar team is very pleased to provide such an amazing breakfast bar. Thank you so much for your comments - and we truly are thankful that you chose to stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I choose this hotel because I was headed to Portland for an event taking place in the Hollywood area. I wasn't expecting much for a so-called airport hotel, but I was very pleasantly surprised. What really impressed me was the quality of our two queen bed room. It was spacious, clean, and attractive, with a loveseat sofa, coffee table, and desk on the far end and a microwave and fridge to boot! The beds were super comfy, with a pillow choice of soft or more firm (which I always appreciate). I didn't get a chance to try it, but, when walking by, the free breakfast looked good too. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 314 is right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I truly to appreciate the wonderful comments and feedback. We are near the airport so I am pleased too that you chose our location for your impromptu stay. Thank you ever so much and I truly do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn & Suites on your next Portland adventure.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This property is great for those looking for a place to stay before or after traveling through PDX. I stayed recently and was tempted by a great rate. I was not disappointed and found the hotel to live up to their 2.5 star rating.

The breakfast was filling and included eggs and sausage as well as all the continental fare that you would normally find at a hotel. I didn't get a chance to try out the indoor pool and spa area, but it looked clean and inviting.

Finding a parking spot was difficult as they offer a park and fly option and the lot was nearly full. I didn't use the park and fly option as they had a 5 night minimum requirement @ $7 per night. I was only going to be gone for 3 nights and the airport parking made for the speedier choice. Overall I would stay at this hotel again when I need an airport hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your recent stay. I truly do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for your concern with Congested Parking Lot. During 2013 December holiday season, we experienced much higher volume of Park & Fly demands to leave the vehicles at the property then previews years and we have to admit that we were not prepared to handle all the demands. We now have ensured to control booking by shared this information to our reservation department for future booking management. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you on your next Portland stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Inn during a west coast road trip. The rooms were clean and large. They were equipped with flat screen TV, refrigerator, and microwave. The WiFi signal was good. Breakfast was the standard buffet.
We had dinner at Elmer's located at the corner, in front of the hotel. The food, was great, reasonable and a very friendly staff. The interior was very nice with roaring fireplaces.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time and truly look forward to welcoming you back in the future. May all of us at Comfort Inn & Suites- wish you an amazing 2014 Warm Regards

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Well I must say, this hotel really has it all. It beats the nearby Holiday Inn in every way despite not being on the same grading level (not sure why). The rooms were really nice, so were the staff. The parking was somewhat problematic, had to park far beyond the hotel in a congested spot... even then the hotel van driver came along and directed us to a spot. Yes I slept extremely well in a very comfy bed... breakfast was hot and very tasty. The only suggestion, drop your supplier of coffee supplies. The stuff in the room does not befit a grand hotel such as the Comfort Inn... in a city like Portland. You have the pick of great coffee suppliers (skip Stumptown) make a deal and stock your rooms with better tasting coffee. And again... please get rid of those little packets with 1 sugar1 splenda 1 napkin and 1straw... that setup shows cost cutting cheapness you expect from motels. Get at least 2 of each and preferably half and half. Then raise your rates by $5 or even $10 per night. Your hotel is worth it. Thankyou again, we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GMCIPDX, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! Your positive comments are so truly appreciated! I am so pleased that you feel that the Comfort Inn and Suites Exceeded your expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Portland visit- Wish you much success for all of your business dealings and a wonderful 2014 too!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our short stay here at Comfort Inn & Suites. The room was spotless. The bed was large and comfortable (they provide both soft and firm pillows to cater to all their guests!). The staff was very tentative and I know this because they were quick to make repairs to anything in the room that was not up to par. The fully-cooked breakfast was also great. Free parking and free shuttle to the airport. I would recommend this hotel if you are planning to stay close to PDX!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed our Clean Rooms and the Complementary Full hot breakfast. I will ensure to pass along your comments too to our shuttle services; they provide amazing guest services and watch all flight times to ensure prompt pick up. Thanks once again.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We initially decided to come here because of the secure parking offered while we were away on our trip. We were pleasantly surprised to see a lovely updated hotel that appeared very clean and comfortable. The beds were quite comfortable and everything worked just fine. We left too early in the morning to enjoy breakfast. The gal who ran the shuttle was fantastic! Here it is the coldest and iciest winter day Portland has seen in a LONG time and she is just so happy to be doing her job. Very efficient and pleasant and helpful. Luckily we got the same gal to pick us up on out return. She mentioned that we were welcome to have breakfast before our journey home which made us extremely happy after having flown a red-eye and were dreading having to stop for breakfast somewhere. She really put an excellent face on what could have been an average review. I wish I got here name but I'm sure if the hotel manager reads this he will know exactly who I'm talking about. Kudo's to Comfort Inn. You helped make our travels a little less stressful!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us. I truly do appreciate the wonderful comments you have shared regarding Heather, our Shuttle Driver, and the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your tips on Trip Advisor. We do hope that we are able to welcome you back on your next Portland adventure.