Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport
Ranked #75 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Newcastle, Australia
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Everything was great from the speedy check-in to the great check-out. Room was very comfortable and well equiped. Breakfast was very delicious. Airport pick up was very prompt and courtious. Once again a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMCIPDX, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and some of the amenities including the higher quality guest room details and amenities plus the great shuttle service!

I appreciate you taking the time to write the review. Hopefully we can ask that you recommend your visitors to stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
Federal Way, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We got our room here on Priceline for an awesome price of $44. Worth so much more, it was rated 2.5 stars and should be rated 3. The front desk staff was awesome, friendly and called the room to check and make sure everything was okay.
The hotel lobby and room were very clean, we didn't have a chance to check out the pool and hot tub but they looked great.
Breakfast included waffles, sausage, cereal, eggs, biscuits and gravy and more. One complaint is that the counter is so deep and all things pushed to the back so I, being only 5'2", couldn't reach the hot food and had to have my son get it for me.
The room was clean and comfortable. The bed felt great but I did wake up with a backache, so did my son so mattress quality might not be the best.
The location is very convenient, though unattractive but the hotel itself is kind of an oasis in the middle of ugly.

Room Tip: We were right off the elevator and there was no hallway noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMCIPDX, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you were able to qualify for the promotions we had with Priceline in January.
We gave few promotional rooms to priceline and some other internet booking sites to encourage guests to experience our new upgrades so they can book direct with us in the future once they are satisfied. I AM SO PLEASED that you had received and have recognized the outstanding guest services provided to you.

Truly thank you too for all of your comments and we do hope to be able to welcome you back to our award winning hotel on your next Portland stay. All the best always,
White Salmon, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My stay was everything I expected and more. My room was spotless, pillows had protectors, front desk staff more than willing to help make my stay perfect. I plan to stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMCIPDX, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. It is so appreciated that you took the time to share your positive experience on trip advisor. May we wish you all the best always, Hope to be able to welcome you back on your next Portland stay. All the best
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I have stayed here both as a couple and with our two girls. This is rated as a 2.5 star hotel but it is better than 3's I've stayed in. It has a full breakfast with eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, fresh you make waffles, multiple juices, coffee, gravy,etc. This is no continental!

A nice little workout room with an indoor pool and spa. Everything is very clean.

The rooms are nice clean rooms with flatscreen TV's, extra overzsized chair and a nice desk for your laptop, etc.

The beds are comfortable with interesting soft/firm flippable pillows. Add to that in room coffee/tea, hairdryer, and a mini fridge and you've got a great stay. There is vending machines available as well.

Overall A nice place to stay. I recommend for anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Breakfast Bar comments such as yours is so appreciated. Yes, it is a Complementary HOT breakfast with Hot Eggs, Hot Meats, All types of pastries, cereals and "make your own waffles"- but its delicious too! Our breakfast bar team is very pleased to provide such an amazing breakfast bar. Thank you so much for your comments - and we truly are thankful that you chose to stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I choose this hotel because I was headed to Portland for an event taking place in the Hollywood area. I wasn't expecting much for a so-called airport hotel, but I was very pleasantly surprised. What really impressed me was the quality of our two queen bed room. It was spacious, clean, and attractive, with a loveseat sofa, coffee table, and desk on the far end and a microwave and fridge to boot! The beds were super comfy, with a pillow choice of soft or more firm (which I always appreciate). I didn't get a chance to try it, but, when walking by, the free breakfast looked good too. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 314 is right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I truly to appreciate the wonderful comments and feedback. We are near the airport so I am pleased too that you chose our location for your impromptu stay. Thank you ever so much and I truly do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Comfort Inn & Suites on your next Portland adventure.
White Salmon, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This property is great for those looking for a place to stay before or after traveling through PDX. I stayed recently and was tempted by a great rate. I was not disappointed and found the hotel to live up to their 2.5 star rating.

The breakfast was filling and included eggs and sausage as well as all the continental fare that you would normally find at a hotel. I didn't get a chance to try out the indoor pool and spa area, but it looked clean and inviting.

Finding a parking spot was difficult as they offer a park and fly option and the lot was nearly full. I didn't use the park and fly option as they had a 5 night minimum requirement @ $7 per night. I was only going to be gone for 3 nights and the airport parking made for the speedier choice. Overall I would stay at this hotel again when I need an airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your recent stay. I truly do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for your concern with Congested Parking Lot. During 2013 December holiday season, we experienced much higher volume of Park & Fly demands to leave the vehicles at the property then previews years and we have to admit that we were not prepared to handle all the demands. We now have ensured to control booking by shared this information to our reservation department for future booking management. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you on your next Portland stay.
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Inn during a west coast road trip. The rooms were clean and large. They were equipped with flat screen TV, refrigerator, and microwave. The WiFi signal was good. Breakfast was the standard buffet.
We had dinner at Elmer's located at the corner, in front of the hotel. The food, was great, reasonable and a very friendly staff. The interior was very nice with roaring fireplaces.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time and truly look forward to welcoming you back in the future. May all of us at Comfort Inn & Suites- wish you an amazing 2014 Warm Regards