Located in the NE quadrant, right near the airport, but we never heard the planes. Trains? YES! Lots of them, and a crossing is nearby, so they're always sounding the horn. If you are a light sleeper, don't stay at this hotel.
The room was very nice, very clean and a decent size with the sink outside the bathroom. Lots of lights, too. Wi-fi was a good speed. Towels need to be replaced; in 3 days, none of the towels we got were nice and fluffy. The clothes hook positioned at the very top of the almost 7' bathroom door was out of reach and useless to me. Would have liked a small safe in the room, although we did not have any problems without it.
Breakfast consists of the standard muffins, waffles, a few bananas, 3 cereals, crumbly scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Not too exciting. The waffle iron was positioned unsafely too close to other stuff you had to reach for. If you want something more tasty, take a short walk next door to Elmer's Restaurant, which has an extensive menu and great food at reasonable prices.
The hotel staff friendliness was non-existent, never a greeting from any of them. The desk clerk, who checked us in, was quick, but not really pleasant. The breakfast person could not be bothered to utter a "good morning."
If you plan to spend most of your time downtown or in the other popular tourist areas in the city, note that you are a good 30-40 minutes away at this hotel. It is very convenient for travels east toward Multnomah, though. And then, our price was very reasonable in the $90's per night, which is considerably less that city prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property will provide you with a sense comfort and fulfillment during your travels in Portland. Whether business, vacation, or personal matters, we are here to make sure you enjoy your stay. We offer Park and Fly packages which can be booked directly by calling the hotel for availability and rates, and free parking for guests who are staying in house with us. We have courtesy shuttle that runs to and from the airport. Limited hours between 3:45 AM and 12:15 AM. Please contact the hotel for more details. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or email us! We are under a renovation. Operation hours between 9 AM and 6 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Portland International Airport
- Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport Hotel Portland
- Portland Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Portland