“Excellent, personalized tour”

Pubs of Portland Private Tours
Ranked #31 of 99 Tours in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: Our tours will allow you to experience, first hand, the best of Portland's beer culture. Discover why Portland is known as "Beervana". Tours are "boutique style" (no more than 12 attendees) creating maximum interaction with your tour guide. Guides are brewing professionals with knowledge of all beer styles and beer production. All tours are “eco-friendly” being conducted using Portland's Tri-Met light rail and trolley system - one of the finest in the U.S. Tours last a minimum of 5 hours and will visit a minimum of 4 (usually 5) of the best breweries and brewpubs. We begin and end in the heart of beautiful downtown Portland. Many different beer styles will be sampled and those styles discussed. Tours include a custom beer evaluation sheet to track and score the beers sampled. Beer ingredient samples will be examined and discussed to educate you about beer styles and recipe development.
Shreveport, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent, personalized tour”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had an excellent time. We had a group of four and Marc took us exactly where we wanted to go. He is extremely knowledgable about not only the breweries but brewing beer - he is an expert, so you are getting a tour from the best. He was funny, informative and a great tour guide. We had a great time and I would highly recommend this tour to anyone heading to Portland.

Visited March 2014

Shreveport, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best part of our Portland excursion”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

If you like beer and want some interesting info on beer, breweries, and Portland, give Marc a call. He is extremely knowledgable and a lot of fun. We spent 3 days in Portland (have never been there) and the 6 hours we spent with Marc was definitely the highlight. He sets up the tours differently, but on ours we visited 5 breweries/brew pubs.
Thanks Marc!

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“This was a great experience... learned lots and had a blast!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The party of guys I brought to Portland are all avid beer aficionados, our fun guide who was also a brewer taught us a lot. We had a a ton laughs, saw a lot of little known hidden gems of portland and tasted amazing beers. Cheers to Pubs of Portand tour.

Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I loved taking this tour and have absolutely no regrets about it. Marc was very informative and friendly and I feel like I actually learned a lot about beer from him.
We used lots of public transit all over the city which was great because it took me to parts of the city I didnt venture to yet and got me more used to travelling around Portland. I'm hopefully planning another trip in July and will take the same tour.

Visited December 2013
alphaking, Owner at Pubs of Portland Private Tours, responded to this review, 13 November 2014
Thanks so much for the great review. I hope you can come back again next year and take a different route with me. Cheers, Marc
West Hollywood, California, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I actually did more than one tour in Portland and the other company recommended Marc. I was not disappointed. It was literally like having my own personal guide. A walking and public transportation-based tour may not be for everybody, but I liked it a lot. He not only knows his beer, but pointed out a lot of other Portlandia we would have missed out on hand we not been on foot. Some of the breweries (Crystal, Lucky Labrador) were ones I never would have discovered on my own, and probably not on any other tour.

Visited December 2013