“Good fun”
Review of Skidmore Market

Skidmore Market
Ranked #113 of 452 things to do in Portland
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Lots of craft stalls, some lovely hats, bags, and jewellery. And great food too - chowder, bbq, Mexican, Thai, amongst others, and a Lebanese stall which had a massive queue all morning - must be good!

1  Thank Flo S

Reviewed 1 November 2011

The Portland Saturday Market is a juried handcrafted market located on the waterfront east of the light rail tracks. The Skidmore Market is mostly handcrafted imports. Both are lovely markets, however if you want an authentic hand made item made in the northwest, you'll find that at the Portland Saturday (Sunday too) Market.

3  Thank Casey935
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I don't live in Portland, and have always heard about the Saturday Market.

Let me clarify the confusion, there are two: Farmer's market at PSU, and Arts/Crafts market by the water.

The Farmer's Market is only open on Saturdays, and the Arts/Crafts open both Saturday and Sunday.

I went to the Arts/Crafts on Saturday. I feel pressured to give a great review since this is one of the MUST DOs in Portland. I don't think it's a complete waste of time, but I certainly don't think I was blown away.

Bottom line is this - it's next to the water, so on a sunny, beautiful day, it'w worth spending 2 hours.

Just keep in mind, if you are looking for the produce (farmer's market), that's at PSU and it's SATURDAY only. Have fun!

7  Thank linbay
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Caught the free Link from Lloyd District hotel to this weekend attraction on a Sunday. Loads of craft booths and a great diversity of ethnic food wagons. I needed a massage badly and went to a booth with a male and female masseuse. The female didn't have any customers but told me that I could write my name in the appointment book and come back in an hour. There were several names in the book, but these clients weren't anywhere to be seen. So I went a few rows over and was massaged by an Asian male Masseuse. He was the greatest! He didn't spend most of the time putting his weight into his forearm and then using that to apply pressure (we can get that service leaning against a tree for free). He got in there and found the knots in my back and worked them gone. Heavenly finger pressuring those knots. The best massage I've ever had. And that's a promise!

1  Thank BabyBoomer56
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We walked here from our hotel but the Max free rail will drop you off right nearby too. Head out to the sections of the market along the waterfront. The food booths are out that way and you can browse the vendors then look out at the river or sit in the grass nearby and have a snack. Some of the vendors have some surprisingly beautiful crafts for sale and they weren't pushy like they can be at some markets. We enjoyed watching the street performers near the train track. My boys were mesmerized by the B-boy dancers. Fun place to stroll around on a hot summer day.