“Delightful stop for breakfast”
Review of Nuvrei

Nuvrei
Ranked #17 of 80 Bakeries in Portland
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Pearl
Orlando, Florida
“Delightful stop for breakfast”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped at Nuvrei for a quick breakfast and were not disappointed. The selections were sweet and/or savory. We chose the Dante Biscuit, a fried egg, smoked bacon, raspberry jam on a bacon cheddar biscuit. It was delicious. The biscuit was so fresh it tasted like they had just taken it out of the oven. They also carry an interesting variety of bagels and pastries. The coffee was also very good and they gave free refills. We sat at the bar along the window and watched as people dropped off their doggies at the doggie day care next door. A delightful experience.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank sdyoung

Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful, perfection, and mouth-watering goodness!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Finding good food in Portland is easy. So when I walked into Nuvrei, I was surprised to be delighted with my experience. From the excellent Heart Coffee, to sesame-croissants, and 'best in the city' macarons, my party found the food to be exceptional and delicious. Nuvrei has an excellent breakfast and lunch menu.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lisa W
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Worth returning to over and over and over again”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have returned to Nuvrei a dozen or more times since my last review. Their bagel sandwiches are so yummy. They are nothing like your standard grocery or bagel chain bagel. Nuvrei bagels are soft, slightly chewy and full of flavor. I particularly like the asiago cheese with the turkey and avacado. I also recommend their all veggie option. They change it seasonally and it is super yum (you don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this one). I just recently tried their chicken and bacon bagel sandwich and oh wow did I want to order another right there on the spot. Their sweets are over the top tasty also. I had a chocolate walnut croissant (and I don't like walnuts!) that had me begging for more. I also highly recommend the almond cookie they have there. I would have never tried it on my own but the manager provided a sample and wow again! Never had a bad item here. Only wish the prices were slightly better...they would have me eating here all the time.

• Visited May 2014
Oregon
“Sinfully Good!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We swung by this place on a walk around the Pearl and just when you think really? Another overpriced artisan pastry shop? But -- we were hungry for a little something so we ordered a cinnamon roll, a poppy seed scone and a coffee to go. We were even commenting in line wondering how all these little places survive in this high rent district. One way is because, yes... each pastry is $4 plus, but they were both simply divine!!! Most delicious cinnamon roll I've had in a long time. I wouldn't definitely make another "side trip" here. Their sandwiches looks great too!

• Visited May 2014
Grants Pass, Oregon
“What a treat! ”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Bakery in the Pearl District. Some of the best croissants we've ever had. Had the chocolate almond croissant and a mocha. Couldn't resist picking up a jalapeno cheddar bagel that was wonderful. Our new favorite place for trips to Portland