“The perfect balance between city and serene.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tierra Soul Urban Farm Guesthouse
Ranked #19 of 34 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My fiance and I spent two nights at Tierra Soul and loved it there. It was a home away from home with quick access to downtown and only a few blocks from the Mississippi district with tons of shopping, restaurants and stops for libations.

I'd recommend it to anyone looking to visit Portland!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tierra Soul Urban Farm Guesthouse

Reviewed 28 March 2012

What a great find! Caitlin Murray was an incredible host, the accommodations far exceeded my expectations, and the goats, well the goats were the icing on the cake. This is a wonderful sanctuary for the weary traveler. But please don't book a room at Tierra Soul ... I want it all to myself!

Room Tip: "Barn dance" room is closest to the shared bathroom. A real plus if you get up in the nigh...
1  Thank Rio7799
Reviewed 22 March 2012

A true home away from home, Tierra Soul is complete with comfortable lounging spots, two cats with lots of personality, Caitlin's lovely photographs, recycling, composting, eggs that just came in from the back yard, and the friendliest goats you'll ever meet. Ok, so maybe not just like your home, but when you leave Tierra Soul you will wish it were.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Tierra Soul felt like home while we were visiting portland.

we stayed for a week, two adults and a toddler. There are so many reasons why were happy with this space--

the house itself feels good to be in, cozy without being cluttered, seeming to be a harmonious urban farmhouse of music and poetry lovers.
our bed was very comfortable, what little cooking i did in the kitchen has given me some ideas on how i'd like to rearrange my own kitchen. we were given plenty of towels, blankets, and even handmade soap. we slept well and enjoyed the space, sometimes getting to have tea and muffins with the other guests. it was nice to chat in the dining room about what places we had visited that day and what we'd be up to the next.
my son really liked the house, the two cats were very kind about his enthused petting, and feeding the chickens and goats made every morning so happy for him.
caitlin was an excellent hostess, informative and helpful, clearly a very sweet lady. she even made some amazing brownies for us, and helped us plan trips to the coast (wow canon beach is beautiful) and skiing.

we loved the neighbourhood.
the bus stop we used the most is a very very short walk and has a great coffee shop next to it-- it was nice to start daily adventures with good lattes and easy to find transport.
there's a food cart pod really close, with great breakfast sammiches and more, and it's not too far of a walk to find other amazing spots like pix patisserie (great coffee, chocolates, desserts), sound roots (a music school that had a kids concert my son LOVED), cherry sprouts (nice produce market, good since our little one eats so much fruit) and spielworks toystore (possibly my favourite toystore i've been to) just lots of nice places to check out. we felt safe walking, and were happily surprised by how nice everyone was, especially drivers (i dont think i ever got used to people motioning for my family to go ahead and cross the street even when they had right of way. are all oregon motorists so nice? maybe ohio drivers are just really jerky.)

we would definitely stay here again, and i really hope we do.

Room Tip: there are four rooms, three on the first floor share a bathroom. the upstairs room is much bigger w...
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed at Tierra Soul twice. Once for several days this past New Year's. We invited friends over and played games (quietly and with the permission of the other guests) - and had a wonderful time. My ambition is to one day stay in the upstairs suite in the summer so we can enjoy the porch and that lovely space. Tierra Soul is friendly, the accomodations are all that you need, and it is in a wonderful neighborhood -- and the price is right! Last time we stayed there the night before flying out early in the morning, and again had a wonderful experience. Help Caitlin live her dream - and stay in a wonderful place grounded in the Mississippi 'hood.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay in the upstairs suite! All the downstairs rooms are great, but small.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I enjoyed the 2 nights recently spent at the Tierra Soul on a business trip to our nearby office. Excellent bang for the buck and an enjoyable experience. I'm pretty low maintenance so not having breakfast available as part of the package wasn't a big deal to me - but just be aware that you need to bring your own food if you'd like to cook something. Caitlyn was very polite & welcoming. I'll be back whenever I need a place to stay in Portland!
Steve

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This Urban Farm get-away was wonderful. It provided the warmth, peacefulness, sustainability, and sense of community that I was looking for. It was clean and tidy- very "homey". Caitlin was a wonderful hostess; very kind, welcoming, and accommodating. She has provided a superb array of sight-seeing information, how to get around Portland, and the best places to eat and drink. She is passionate about her life and the business (the business IS her home!), and truly cares about the comfort and safety of her guests.

The beauty of this wonderful house is the fact that you can get to know the other guests; you leave with new friends. We had morning tea with the others together in the kitchen, visited at the end of the day - you become like a temporary little family.

If you are into sustainability, a sense of home and community, and want something different than the usual hotel or motel, I definitely recommend Tierra Soul!